Wp For Days

Muratus del Mur

Age should be rewarded with WishPoints?  

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

[quote]
Since this feature requires a lot of WP, i assume only smart and hard working players will be able to get it so you will understand this... PLEASE use this powerfull feature right and don't force me to cripple it by adding restrictions over restrictions to it,
[/quote]

1 per year, if any at all.
Up to now, WPs were fun things that could do fun things in MD, like casting spells or making a clickable show some text other other, let's face it, they only do something advanced for Chewie, Cutler and Rendril.
I bet items will do a lot of highly interesting things with pretty basic input and completely other limitations than spells.
Do i need to explain why that feature shouldn't be accessible for anybody just because they were around long enough?

• 1 month later...

1 per year and only to main accounts only should be the way to go. People shouldnt be too greedy cause MD gives out a lot of presents already. Christmas is an example. And as Chewett said, if people were to recieve more, a economical crisis would occur, and the line of balance will be severly broken apart.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a good idea but shouldn't happen in a regular system e.g. 1WP/year. As a WP in the first year would encourage a player to continue playing. But as a player gets older they may not wish to have so many WP or would rather work ( do quests for them ). So therefore, I propose:

After 1 year: 1WP
After 2 years: 1WP
After 4 years: 2WP
After 8 years: 3WP
After 16 years: 4WP

2= [i][WP][/i]root([i][Active Years][/i])

• 1 month later...

Suggestion: How about we have an award ceremony every year, at a set date. When I say award ceremony I mean like the medals giving out, the people present could put their names up for a wishpoint, if they meet the age limit, and if people vote that the player has been active, and not just logging in for the days(refer to Dst's post on page 1), then they could be awarded one. This way it would be easier to keep an eye on those that only log in for the days, to the ones that come on for the game.

Dowfall: People could be biased towards(or against) the player so perhaps create an unbiased jury of some sort?

Edited: Corrected spelling errors and grammar

Edited by Sasha Lilias

• Root Admin

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' date='05 August 2010 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1281026726' post='65159']
Dowfall: People could be biased towards(or against) the player so perhaps creat an unbiased jury of some sort?
[/quote]

In such a small community such as ours there is no such thing as an unbiased jury.

[quote name='Chewett' date='05 August 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1281033393' post='65169']
In such a small community such as ours there is no such thing as an unbiased jury.
[/quote]

Perhaps I should rephrase.

A "jury" made from a group of people that can act unbiased, such as Mur or Grido. I know that both would be able to make unbiased for it is in their roles/jobs. I am pretty sure that you could make unbiased decisions also. ;)

• 1 month later...

Bumpity, I think the idea for a jury would be a great one, if it's only duty is to judge whether one is a serious alt or not. One would only have to petition for it and then it stays a serious alt for a very long time, through this only a very few and thusly only the serious alts would get a wp.

But, I was thinking about this, in particular in accordance with the calender. I thought that it may have been a nice idea to get a sublist in the calendar going, that logs activity days for everyone who has a veteran medal and then puts them in that sublist to celebrate their 'birthday', but then I realised that this particular idea about giving wp for activity days, is for activity days and is not about the day they joined.
But it might still be something, heh.

Either way, I was wondering, which coincidentally may be because I may, or may not, need wp :P, about when this was going to be implemented. I think it's a good enough idea that it's no longer a case of 'if', but 'when'.

Some may not have much time to stay online to complete quests, but are active many days of the week. I see this as a way to complete an achievement as Mur said. It can be seen as a reward to being loyal to MD, or as a trophy of sorts.

As for the inflation of wishpoints, it could be a good thing since it will promote more WP quests and more people trying to complete them as there could be more possible WP winners. Just my own opinion, however.

(If there was a similar post to this, ignore this one :P )

You're assuming that [b]if[/b] it gets implemented, it will be done retroactively. The question is 'what is the purpose of WP for days?'
a. To reward people who have been loyal up until now. -> retroactive is good.
b. To encourage all people to keep playing -> retroactive is questionable at best.
c. To keep new players from disappearing -> retroactive is pure crap.

To support this, I'll quote Mur himself: "A new player will not be impressed by the idea that he will get somehting after ONE YEAR of playing, ...they are not sure if they will stay one day at first." This also raised the question of how relevant the vote is. Few people register to the forum if they are not planning to keep playing for a long time.

Due to a dispute about alt abuse - at least that is how I read it - the spent WP requirements for a bestiary increased to one. Will it increase each year to accommodate the proposed changes?

[quote name='Jazira' timestamp='1285772985' post='69349']
As for the inflation of wishpoints, it could be a good thing since it will promote more WP quests and more people trying to complete them as there could be more possible WP winners. Just my own opinion, however.
[/quote]
Just how will giving free WP lead to more WP quests?

Also, active days don't measure activity. Nothing can accurately measure activity anyway. Or loyalty. Loyalty bought with WPs is not loyalty.

Which is why we're having this discussion, so that reasons b and c won't be the real reason and the options players have to actually achieve these, are limited.

And yes, activity and loyalty are not necessarily measured by activity days, no, not at all really. Which is why I voted for 1 a year. These are all still options.

To be clear, I didn't vote for alts to get the WPs.

Gaining WPs for days would allow more people to come up with quests as wishpoints for their rewards instead of RP items, like my quests did. If I had the chance to give a wp as a reward for a quest I came up with, then I would gladly come up with a new quest for it.

I agree, it may not do much for those who aren't active or who are new to the realm, but for others who are active each week, even if only for a day or two, it could do some good.

You probably read the whole thing differently than most people, then.
It's not about getting wp-codes to give WPs to people, which is pretty easy, but to get WPs to spend for yourself in wishshop.

And the longer i play, the less i like giving WP solely for active days XD

Just my 2 pence.

Besides the many points pointed up, I would just want to address the issue of being "active".

There were some who questioned the rationale of rewarding a player who just logs in for a minute to get active status.

I too am uncomfortable with such players getting a reward.

My idea is to reward players by the number of times they click the free credit links.

Example: A player has clicked 7200 times get a WP.

The example above shows that the player has log in and voted for 300 days. Assuming that the free credits link stays at 24 perpetualy.

Its a win win situation as MD gets paid for the links clicked and the player is rewarded.

Even if we argue the fact that the player only votes in MD and doesnt do anything else in MD, just think of it as an appreciation from my MD for helping out.

Can an alt also do that? That would be an issue that we need to continue to debate on.

:P

@MB: you do realize that reason b and c are also arguments against a? Even if a is [b]your[/b] intention, b and c indicate the side effects. Not only do veterans have an advantage when solving quests, doing creature battles, trading etc. they also had all the time of the world to attempt quests and now it's proposed they retroactively gain several WP(s) for free (possibly on alts to abuse too), while newbies have to wait a year?

[b]If[/b] we're going to inflate WPs, especially if we're going to inflate WPs in an alt abuse promoting and veteran favoring way, there should be something for new players too. ie a WP for making it through the first month.

*edit because you lot post faster than me*
@CrazyMike: what about people who play the game by buying credits but are too lazy to vote? You could add the sum, but then people could buy WPs.

Edited by Kafuuka

@Kafuuka

Nope, nobody can buy WP.

My example is only to show that the player has been active and voting, and that MD gains from the voting, justifying the active days.

And as a veteran (though sometimes I feel like a noob with all the changes), I dont mind if the counter starts from zero for everyone if it gets implemented.

No more arguments about veterans getting another advantage.

[quote name='CrazyMike' timestamp='1285777492' post='69358']
My example is only to show that the player has been active and voting, and that MD gains from the voting, justifying the active days.

And as a veteran (though sometimes I feel like a noob with all the changes), I dont mind if the counter starts from zero for everyone if it gets implemented.
[/quote]
That would work well. I do hate the captchas when voting though :P

I do not think that simply by logging in for a year or two one should be awarded a wish point.

Wish points are meant to be awarded for thinking hard and working diligently, and while I do think there are meant to be certain benefits for longevity, this is not the proper way to reward our lovely veterans.

INSTEAD: I suggest a new puzzle be created, and that puzzle be opened once every year. If you like, re-purpose the Broken Gazebo to give a wishpoint when solved every year, though I would greatly appreciate a new puzzle being created (Champion's Challenge, Mad Man's Trial, etc.)

This would prevent active day collectors from getting a wishpoint for doing little more than existing and award those who who have been here a good deal of time and have the aptitude to solve a puzzle.

Awi

B and C are not necessarily an argument against A, as it depends upon implementation. It all hinges upon loyalty, and not activity days, as the main factor that should decide upon whether or not someone should be rewarded a WP or not.

While loyalty is hard to judge on an objective basis and measurement, one 'could' use activity days for it, by assuming that if one did indeed play for so long, that one must've done at least something. Maybe get a panel and ask for 3, maybe 5 non-alts of higher age to vouch for your activity or loyalty and get a very amount of activity days as a requirement, such as.. 500? 700?

One can (I haven't done the math, because it's not exact science, but rather a guesstimation) reasonably and arguably attest that over such a high amount and with people of higher age vouching for you, that you are loyal and that you should be rewarded with a wp for it.

As for B and C, I can understand that you may see these as arguments against A, but you haven't exactly argued as to why these are so bad in the first place. I can see how they could be bad, but if the implementation is right and it gives an impulse to increased loyalty and activity, and not just an impulse to log in for a minute a day to get the activity days, then why would B and C be so bad?

You speak as if alt abuse would be the biggest and most severe problem, right at its implementation. But that doesn't have to be so, not if the implementation is done correctly.

Also, you speak about the fact that this is favoring the veterans, and I agree, however, once more, if only A is your intention, then why not implement it in such a way that it favors veterans for the right reason, which will also stimulate newbies to become such loyal veterans.

I think I convinced myself into changing my own vote from 1 wp per year, into 1 wp per 500+ days, maybe more, with the added restriction of proven loyalty.