How Many Rounds Do You Usually Fight?

Udgard

Hi again everyone. I'm continuing work on my creature project again, and I've just realized that I need to gather info on how long people usually fight. So, please help me by answering some questions below, thx =)

What MP level are you?
Are you in an alliance?
How long does a serious fight (a real fight/duel, not giving out bursts or GGG trainings) usually take you?
How many rounds do you usually think is a "long duel"?

That's about it folks. Please help me out. THx in advance! =)

What MP level are you? 5
Are you in an alliance? Yes
How long does a serious fight (a real fight/duel, not giving out bursts or GGG trainings) usually take you? 2-3 rounds when training new crits, 0-1 when traing for sacrifice
How many rounds do you usually think is a "long duel"? Ally limits it pretty much... i'd say 5 rounds make a pretty long fight, though

What MP level are you? Mp5, but just turned, so Will answer as mp4
Are you in an alliance? No, I am not
How long does a serious fight (a real fight/duel, not giving out bursts or GGG trainings) usually take you?15 - 40 rounds, either one of those two options
How many rounds do you usually think is a "long duel"? 40 is a long duel, I think it's the max, but not certain.

Edited by Orlando Gardiner

Ok, I think some people have hit the nail on the head here. A fight imo, is when two people actually exchange blows. This happens let me see....never.. against certain people around. I don't call getting wiped out before I even strike a fight. That's shooting ducks in a barrel as far as I'm concerned. If your one of those people and that's what you get your kicks from, then good luck to ya. Personally I couldn't care less.
On a practical note though I don't actually see the point. I'm not sure what a person learns by such an experience except perhaps the power of fully token critters or certain players. I'm also intrigued at how a game that is not supposed to be about the fighting system seems somehow to constantly revolve around it.

Edited by Firsanthalas

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='05 January 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1262708569' post='51910']
I'm also intrigued at how a game that is not supposed to be about the fighting system seems somehow to constantly revolve around it.
[/quote]
The fighting system is a large portion of the game, and a brilliantly unique one at that. I'm less concerned about the focus on battles and more so on the fact that the system itself seems to have gotten away from its original intent to be intellectually challenging, strategic, and, most importantly, fair. Now, it's easy to complain about fairness when you're unwilling or unable to spend the time and/or money to compensate, and obviously those who do would also have an argument if the current system were changed to reduce or remove their advantage. However, I recall a year or so ago when time and financial resources were secondary to a firm grasp of game mechanics, and I'm a little disappointed in the players who would value power over interesting and unique gameplay. The fact that the majority of the posters in this thread rarely see a duel last longer than 0 rounds is unsurprising, but I am slightly taken aback that they (for the most part) see no problem with this.

Edited by Malaikat Maut

What MP level are you? 5
How long does a serious fight usually take you? 1 round with a serious attack rit.5-12 if testing something.
How many rounds do you usually think is a "long duel"? 5-6 would be long, I think for a strong rit. 15-25 for a testing or normal rit.

I know people have issues with the fighting system, but personally, I find out something new about creatures,abilities, auras, tokens, etc, [b]every single day.[/b] I really enjoy running tests and seeing how things work. I fight with different combinations (granted, combinations of strong creats) all the time to experiment.

Rarely do I attack anyone just to beat the hell out of them for kicks, although I know that is a frequent occurrence for some. I agree, Firs, that is not a real challenge. I love the fighting aspect of MD. However, there is so much more than that for me too.

I think if you are bored with the fighting system, stop resting on your laurels and get out there and learn something new. :P

Hmm,, it's rather.. interesting to see how fast battles go on mp5.

I wonder, do this apply when you're fighting those within the same strength range as you? (as in, those who usually gets round 0 wins) Or does those battles take longer?

when i fight against people in my range, it's mostly kill or be killed in round 0 XD

When i take wins off considerably weaker opponents, it usually takes exactly as long as i plan it to take, usually around the middle/end of round 2, that's pretty much all the insecurity i can afford

MP Level- MP5
Alliance- Yes

Serious fight is 1 to 2 rounds.
long duel is 5 rounds.

Besides going into the outbalance of money vs intellect, the only addition I can make to all of this is, with time I just learned who not to attack and leave the screen as soon as I see them. I could list a fairly laundry list of people with 6 to 10 drachorns with every token in the book that literally wipe out the best creatures in the game (besides other drachs of course) who have great tokens before the 2nd drachorn even gets a chance to attack. As firs stated if that is their pleasure in the combat system, who am I to tell them they are wrong. We all are allowed to have our believes in how the combat system should work. Most every MP4 that turns to MP5 is slapped in the face with the honor issue, and usually complain (as most of us did) for the first week or two. Then as we try to attack the great drachorn lords like Shadowseeker, DST, Daydeemer, and several others we accumulate losses. We also learn our lessons about who not to attack, and who to steer clear from when you see them coming. A main reason why the GoE is such a scary place to tread most of the time. When festivals come along at the GoE most MP5s who are not on the "drachorn list" realize that they are going to be assaulted in mass and set appropriate rituals for it.

All in all even with such combat setups we still learn from them. We learn who to run from:D

What MP level are you? 5
How long does a serious fight usually take you? 1 round with a serious attack rit
How many rounds do you usually think is a "long duel"? 5

I would also agree with phantasm on the drachorn lords. They are pretty much unbeatable and it is the part of the reason that GoE gets deserted more often unless there is a HC or a festival. And as MP5 we usually avoid them and unfortunately they are the people that could be found online most of the time. The fighting system was just great before the tokens started screwing up the scene.

^ and cannot be countered.

If there were a creature with an aura that canceled all other auras, that would be a nice counter.

MP level: 4
Ally: no
Serious fight: it's been a long time since I had one, but around 5 rounds.
Long fight: Around 15. 40 is max; I've tested.

I love mp4 because strategy is very much alive as long as no tokens are present. Tokens are for mp4 what rusties are for mp5.

[quote name='dst' date='07 January 2010 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1262815433' post='52044']
Right now the tokens are not that "bad". Something else is: the boost of the rusts. It's big and what's worst is that it is exponential.
[/quote]

I agree with this 100%. The exponential part should really be changed.. =\

• 2 months later...