Loreroot Guardians

Firsanthalas

all of my adepts quit when they hit the wall that is LR guards
perhaps if i told them how to beat the guards they wouldn't have quit...
idk
but nowadays, beating the guards to get into LR isn't needed because of TC

i got into LR as MP4 btw
right from the get go i was using the correct rit but had the creature at too low of a level
it wasn't until i was told that not only is a correct rit required, but a correct rit with the correct crits having the right level
(note: i wasn't told how or what to use, only that a crit properly leveled can defeat the guards)
did i realized what i needed to do

the pop up tips (any rit can be defeated using the right rit) were misleading and contributed to me spending months trying to beat the guards instead of training the right crits

i think if LR citizens have no problem letting ppl in LR, then perhaps we should just remove the guards at the gate and place them somewhere else
where their "valuable teaching lesson" won't be lost

but what do i know right?

i just think that it's a natural progression of the game that once highly guarded secrets become open knowledge in time
you can't keep a secret from spreading - you can't control it
there'll be a time in MD when access to all areas would be known
it's just inevitable, i think
that's the nature of the beast
a secret once shared becomes a secret no longer

there will be ppl like me, who respects the rules of the "no spoilers" not because i want others to have the same hard time as i did
but because i want others to experience the magic of MD. the magic of MD isn't in fighting or leveling creatures
the magic of MD is in the discovery, the journey, the struggle to gain knowledge
if i take that away from others, i am doing injustice to them. i am taking away from them the opportunity to experience the magic of MD

i too hate spoilers. i've hated it ever since 6th sense was spoiled to me by some ass
but how do you prevent others from spoiling things here in MD short of imposing draconian rules?

[quote name='Harion' timestamp='1285018385' post='68757'] how do you prevent others from spoiling things here in MD short of imposing draconian rules?
[/quote]

You can't prevent others from spoiling things, you can only hope that those in MD have enough respect and care for it that they use the knowledge that they have wisely, like you said.

Begin rant: These days it seems like everyone wants the easy way, they feel entitled to knowledge and they give up if one tries to coax an answer out of them, rather than just spoon-feeding it to them. I feel it is the mark of a intelligent mind to ask why, and to keep asking why when given very little to go on. My current example is Rasiel (sorry if this bothers you, Rasi). She has a keen sense of curiosity and doesn't get discouraged if I give her clues and not direct answers. It is both challenging and exciting for me to have someone like her in the Realm, rather than those that get angry when you won't tell them the exact way to beat the Guards, or how to do the Beserker puzzle or why the Howling Gates are falling down. The end result is so much sweeter if you can figure it out on your own. End rant. Sorry, had to get that out.

And Harion, I find it hard to believe that [u]all[/u] of your adepts quit when faced with the Loreroot guards. There is a middle ground between spilling the secrets and keeping mum, most people can figure it out with some subtle hints.

well, actually they all quit at mp3 with only one reaching mp4, and that one still unable to enter LR
i find it frustrating that i recruit a lot of ppl into this game
but they either get pirated or they quit
original referrers don't get something if they lose their adepts
that's why i stopped posting my adept link long ago

• Root Admin

[quote name='Harion' timestamp='1285018385' post='68757']
all of my adepts quit when they hit the wall that is LR guardsperhaps if i told them how to beat the guards they wouldn't have quit...idkbut nowadays, beating the guards to get into LR isn't needed because of TCi got into LR as MP4 btwright from the get go i was using the correct rit but had the creature at too low of a levelit wasn't until i was told that not only is a correct rit required, but a correct rit with the correct crits having the right level(note: i wasn't told how or what to use, only that a crit properly leveled can defeat the guards)did i realized what i needed to dothe pop up tips (any rit can be defeated using the right rit) were misleading and contributed to me spending months trying to beat the guards instead of training the right critsi think if LR citizens have no problem letting ppl in LR, then perhaps we should just remove the guards at the gate and place them somewhere elsewhere their "valuable teaching lesson" won't be lostbut what do i know right?i just think that it's a natural progression of the game that once highly guarded secrets become open knowledge in timeyou can't keep a secret from spreading - you can't control itthere'll be a time in MD when access to all areas would be knownit's just inevitable, i thinkthat's the nature of the beasta secret once shared becomes a secret no longerthere will be ppl like me, who respects the rules of the "no spoilers" not because i want others to have the same hard time as i didbut because i want others to experience the magic of MD. the magic of MD isn't in fighting or leveling creaturesthe magic of MD is in the discovery, the journey, the struggle to gain knowledgeif i take that away from others, i am doing injustice to them. i am taking away from them the opportunity to experience the magic of MDi too hate spoilers. i've hated it ever since 6th sense was spoiled to me by some assbut how do you prevent others from spoiling things here in MD short of imposing draconian rules?
[/quote]

Well, thats the thing. You werent using the right ritual. To me it sounds like you had been told X crits, and because that was the "right" ritual, you assumed it would be ok. Right ritual doesnt mean creature types, it means the right combination of abilities, which as you know change as they level.

[quote name='Harion' timestamp='1285029233' post='68769']
well, actually they all quit at mp3 with only one reaching mp4, and that one still unable to enter LRi find it frustrating that i recruit a lot of ppl into this gamebut they either get pirated or they quitoriginal referrers don't get something if they lose their adeptsthat's why i stopped posting my adept link long ago
[/quote]

so you are saying that all of them, confirmed to you that they left because of the LR guards? All my my adepts i recruited just couldnt understand the premise, and it didnt intrest them. They left at mp3 as they were not "suited" for the game. the LR guards are the least worry if someone has the right "oh i will try later when im stronger" mentality. MD is not meant to be complete in one day, hence the age requirements of creatures. It seems that if people cant do things, they just leave and if they have that mindset they would not like to play MD.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1285048216' post='68789']
Well, thats the thing. You werent using the right ritual. To me it sounds like you had been told X crits, and because that was the "right" ritual, you assumed it would be ok. Right ritual doesnt mean creature types, it means the right combination of abilities, which as you know change as they level.[/quote]
no, no, no. you got it wrong. no one told me to use x crits or anything. that's the whole point.
i only had the pop up tips in the upper right side of the screen that says "the strength of the LR guards are their weakness," and "anyone with correct rit can beat a anyone" to go on
first time i saw the 2nd LR guards rit i already knew what rit could defeat it
but i didn't know it needed to have sufficient level to defeat the guards
so i spent months using that rit trying to defeat the guards uselessly
so the tip, right ritual isn't fully correct. the correct tip should say: right ritual, with properly leveled creatures

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1285048216' post='68789']
so you are saying that all of them, confirmed to you that they left because of the LR guards? All my my adepts i recruited just couldnt understand the premise, and it didnt intrest them. They left at mp3 as they were not "suited" for the game. the LR guards are the least worry if someone has the right "oh i will try later when im stronger" mentality. MD is not meant to be complete in one day, hence the age requirements of creatures. It seems that if people cant do things, they just leave and if they have that mindset they would not like to play MD.
[/quote]
no. they couldn't confirm because they already quit :P
they just stopped replying to my messages.
the last of our conversations always revolved around them asking assistance from me to defeat the LR guards
to which I would give canned responses like: watch how the guards attack you, it's just a simple ritual, their strength are their weakness
but mainly i always stress that they watch how the guards attack
the fact that the phase in MD when most of my adepts quit is when they hit the LR guards and they can't enter
is what leads me to conclude that LR guards is a newbie killer
of course you'll say: then the guards are doing their job as a filter
to which i'll answer. ok fine. i'm just making an observation here.
i'm not saying that's their reasons. i'm just saying that's a statistical probability
if they come back, i'll ask ok?

quite obviously a ritual is not the same anymore when a creature reaches a different level, therefore, ONE creature can make different rits on different levels.
If they are different, one might be 'right', and the other 'wrong'.

the tip is very correct when it claims that certain rituals are 'right', you just read it wrong.

And... you hit the nail right on the head with that filter-idea =)

• 4 weeks later...

I personally think the problem is peoples perspective of what a spoiler is. For example my definition of a spoiler in this case would be saying use these creatures and you will win.

That gives me the ability to say that you need to think about upgrading (I don't say what to upgrade). It also gives me the ability to explain part of what the weakness is but not how to defeat it. That allows people who need help to learn what defeats what them selves though I do realize it deprives them of the ability to identify a weakness. Now I only tell it to people who ask me directly and obviously by saying this I am not going to defend what I have said here is right or wrong. I believe that it is a clouded reason on what is a spoiler. My view is obviously different from Burns view and February's showing both sides of the spectrum.

However blatantly telling a person what to use I do believe is a spoiler and should be considered as such.