Coloured Avatars

MRG

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT I WOULD DEARLY LOVE A COLOURED AVATAR. NOW I KNOW THAT WE USED TO BE ABLE TO GET THEM COLOURED IN AND THAT WAS STOPPED.

I HAVE HAD MY AVY A LONG TIME NOW AND HAVE BECOME VERY FOND OF MY LITTLE GOLEM, BUT THIS MEANS I CAN NOT HAVE IT COLOURED,

I KNOW THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE AS BOTHERED AS I AM, BUT I WOULD PAY $10 JUST TO GET MY AVY COLOURED IN AND I WOULD PAY $20 FOR IT TO BE CUSTOM MADE, THAT WOULD COMPENSATE FOR THE TIME AND HASSLE OF DOING IT EASILY.

SO WHY NOT GO FOR:
$2 FOR GOLD
$5 FOR RED
$10 FOR COLOUR CHOICE
$20 FOR CUSTOM MADE

SO IF YOU WANT A LITTLE MORE CASH, BUT NOT TO UNBALANCE THE GAME. INSTEAD OF CREATURES, GIVE US SOME COLOUR :))

The process got removed, because Mur has to, or at least did, do it himself, that obviously would consume his time if he recieved a lot of requests.

It was previously $4 for Gold, i'm not sure if the price decrease you put is intentional for that or not.

I have bought a second level avatar from the mdshop a long time ago but there was no golden avatar available. Still awaiting new ones. But like MRG said, I too have grown accustomed to my avatar and has given up on a new golden avatar.

The pricing he has mentioned is kinda high though.

I know Mur is kinda busy. How about assigning the job to someone else?

Its a win win situation.

MD gets to make some money and some of us is happy that we have coloured avatar.

:rolleyes:

Edited by CrazyMike

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='16 March 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1268736157' post='56490']
4 for gold?

You just had to get avatar level 2, which leaving the other items out is 2 $, and the first avatar you pick is for free then, so "almost" 1$ to unlock and 1$ for the avatar.
[/quote]

$4 to get a b/w avatar upgraded to a Gold one, not to buy an already Gold avatar

• Root Admin

The gold avatars are rare for a reason

Everyone would want their avatar to be gold, And then suddenly gold avatars are the norm, and something else comes along...

What does it matter really? buy a gold one or keep your own one. Its just a small bit of gold on your avatar...

THIS IS MY POINT CHEWETT, TO SOME, NO IT DOES NOT MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST, BUT TO ME IT DOES.

YES IT POSSIBLY MAY MAKE THE GOLD AVATARS MORE OF A NORM, BUT WHY NOT HAVE A LITTLE COLOUR AND ADDED FLAVOUR?

cause black&white leaves the space for your own imagination :) whole MD is made that way.
a bit of gold just makes you more special :(

there were some players who had colored avatars, I think Jonn has one.

anyways, there is already lack of avatars, I don't think Mur will find time to make even colored ones anytime soon.

• Root Admin

Ok, in order to eliminate any doubts , or hopes, regarding this, i have to spoil something here.

Colored avatars will _never_ happen. It is not related to money, amount of work, my time, or anything like that. It is, to keep it short, the same way the scenes will never be colored. The same way tags are given, not set by yourself. Tags will change too, but thats an other story.

However, there is one change in plan regarding avys. I plan to allow you to upload your own avy, but don't jump of joy yet..read on.

The uploaded avys should perfectly match the style and way the current avys are made. No color, no gold, hand made, not copied, right proportions, no anime/manga, no disney kind, etc. This obviously is not a feature for all to use directly. The uploaded avys will first be confirmed, before you can use them. Cost for one avy change will be still 1 credit.

Why you still pay if you create it yourself? Because very few will be able to create acceptable avys, and many will want to trade for them. Yeah, i will eventually finish tradeable avatars feature. This means the artists will pay 1 credit for an avy they put, but will be able to trade or sell it for much more than i currently pay for one.

The option to sell the avy directly for the md avatar gallery will exchange it for 4 credits, returning 1 credit you payed and paying you 3 credits for the avy.

This feature will allow custom avys and will increase the flow of avys in the shop.

Gold avys will remain as they are now, but the time i use now for normal avys i will use only for gold ones. Making your avy gold will probably also be an option again..not sure if for money or for active days or as rewards only, or both, idk yet..

I hope that clears your questions regarding avys.

This feature should be ready in summer as part of a larger series of changes i have in plan.

• Root Admin
:() that was sweet.

actualyy , a much better question is, in what year?!
:)

I can't promise anything but if things go as i plan, this change should happen within 3 month from now. Might happen faster, right this moment i don't know.
The change itself doesn't take that much to do but it depends on other things.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='18 March 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1268900042' post='56570']
Gold avys will remain as they are now, but the time i use now for normal avys i will use only for gold ones. Making your avy gold will probably also be an option again..not sure if for money or for active days or as rewards only, or both, idk yet..
[/quote]
[quote name='MRG' date='19 March 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1268933591' post='56581']
POOF - HOPES AND DREAMS GO OUT OF THE WINDOW :)
[/quote]
Read it again, MRG