Lr Archers? Anyone?

• Root Admin

Loreroot archers...anybody explored their full potential?
When i made the change on them i thought it will be devastating, since they are supposed to do percentage damage, making them really good against ultra powered players...but it seems i was wrong.

Believe it or not i am not a fighter, so what i see from "behind the (st/p)age" might be totally different in the "battle field".

Maybe their ability is not working as i intended or their settings need to be adjusted..idk

i love lore archers, much better than jokers and normal archers the hit can be compared to one angien with some extra VE (not alll lv) maybe no one talk about those because they dont know or think are ok
players use target all, lifestealers or angiens and other rits but too much have the same :P

I use them a fair amount, I find them very strong and useful.

However, because they have such low initiative compared to a Drachorn, they are often killed before they can have an impact against overpowered players.

Very useful in the regular rounds of combat, not so useful in the major leagues.

When they can hit, they hit very hard though. Especially in Alliance fights where every round counts for so much.

Offtopic(ish): One of the things a few of us have discussed amongst ourselves is making premium artwork for the LoreArcher, as Loreroot is the only land without an associated premium creature.
I know that what gets made a premium creature or not is entirely up to you Mur, but regardless of whether you ever plan to or not, when I get some new watercolors I will be finishing off the images.
Since the Current LoreArchers are great for normal combat, it would be cool to see the premiums made to be able to stand up to the big leagues (more health, defence, init, higher max% of damage, or ability to target multi at higher levels would all make it a significantly more powerful creature)

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

Lorearchers are great, but they won't ever play amongst tops.
Stat increases are not sufficient to make a creature be major league material, only crit boost does, so nobody will ever care for them in the big fights.

What they do, though, is great. When there's enough VE on the field, they break all defensive values with ease and take out the strongest opponents one by one. They are doing a really nice job, technically. Practically, they are hard to use, because most people with a rather high VE use something way above Lorearchers, and the ones who wouldn't kill them instantly usually have too little VE to make them pay off.

I personally like them, and use them every now and then, but rather for fun than for killing.
It takes a lot of VE to make them really cool... Most people rather fill their slots with angiens than Lorearchers, simply because they have no clue what to do with a Lore, it doesn't do anything fancy in test-fights.

• 1 month later...

Maybe increase the piercing damage with influence?
Right now, their damages go around piercing plus 3-5%, which is not really a strong attack...
If they were considerably stronger than stealers, they would probably find more uses.

Like... Uhm...
Say, piercing damage could get increased with 50% of the attack-influence that's put into them, and the added damage increased via having a lot more base power? I currently only have a lvl 2 and lvl 4 of them at hand to check, but i'd think of 5-8 times their current power as new base power.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to repeat my previous post, because them archers simply suck at doing what they are designed to do...
90 piercing is even too little to be favorized over a grasan on mp3, and their aimed-hit-percentage is too low to make them better than an ele against high ve. If you just kinda... turned the screws a bit and waited for reactions, you'd definitely find a much more interesting version. Or simply allow them to get influence stats, then their piercing gets a whole lot more interesting, specially against two certain kinds of rituals

Referencing my post in the bugs section, the problem with Lore archers is not their basic stats, but the fact that tokens do not upgrade their attacks.

If piercing damage was MODIFIED attack instead of "default" attack, and if % loss was capped at 20% AFTER adjusting for defense etc. instead of before those downward adjustments (bringing it up from 5-6% to the equal of Water Being powers), you would have a creature that can fight in the big leagues.

As it is now, the aimed hit attack is interesting against basic creatures, but doomed to the minor leagues without tokening ability.