Mya Celestia Is Dead!

Tarquinus

Why in this log does it say

"[06/06/10 04:58] *Mya Celestia*:Don't let war come over me..."

but in the other log here (http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/7184-mya-celestia-is-dead/page__view__findpost__p__61107) it says,

"[06/06/10 04:58] Peace:Don't let war come over me..."

Has this log been edited and if so, then why?

The log was edited by me because the spell ended as Peace was saying the last part and for her to say that as herself to me seems like it would have been kind of odd so I "fixed" it, and yes dst if you would kindly merge the topics...though I'm not sure how you will but none the less I am sorry for starting this separate topic

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Mya's body was regenerated by Loreroot and the Magic Duel realm. Once death was lifted, Mya was reborn. To completely reveal the method would be a spoiler.[/font][/color]

• Root Admin

As usual my timezone limited me from seeing what has happened, and since there will be no report there will not be a way of me seeing what conclusion occured...

A good bit of RP from what i have seen and read, Shame i will never know what happened.

There is still more to come. We are now at Act II, conflict. Darigan, my good man, assemble a team of fighters. Ivorak should do the same. If the Seal of Six wants in on the action, they are welcome.

I would like to meet with each group leader (eg, Darigan, Ivo, and Pip) to discuss the terms of victory and defeat. These fights will be FOR something, a good reason, not just fighting for fighting's sake (though there's nothing wrong with that). We have a good number of mercenaries lined up, so let me know if your party requires any.

Strength and honour!

[quote name='Totenkopf' date='08 June 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1275987084' post='61344']
oooh now it starts to sound fun, where's the fighting happening? :P
[/quote]
I expect they will not be scheduled for the most part, Totenkopf.

However, where possible, I will aim to be present. I am wholly neutral in this affair, my presence will be both to record what needs to be recorded when I feel like it, and to offer healing to the combatants creatures.
(My standard defence is a single Nutcracker, I would appreciate if you did NOT give me losses if it is avoidable)

Also, I have decided to run some spell intervention at times, since I can :blink:

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

Kyphis, your participation is both noted and greatly appreciated.

Totenkopf and others - I hope to structure a series of fights from the MDA to the Tribunal lands. Coordinating players in different time zones is tricky, so we'll see what happens. My hope is that there will be enough fights to entertain, join, or interfere with, and that they will make some kind of narrative sense.

[quote name='druzik' date='08 June 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1276011605' post='61368']
I think it will be great...ehh now i have dilemma on which side fight...;p
[/quote]

The side of Justice of course. Mya Celestia was a pawn and an innocent victim of circumstances beyond her control. The bad boys need to be spanked. he he he he

[quote name='druzik' date='08 June 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1276011605' post='61368']
I think it will be great...ehh now i have dilemma on which side fight...;p
[/quote]

[quote name='pamplemousse' date='08 June 2010 - 07:23 PM' timestamp='1276014191' post='61377']
Druzik, you are a Sentinel, are you not?
[/quote]

OWNED!!! ;):D:))

On Topic: Can you be neutral or against both or something? :))

[quote name='Totenkopf' date='08 June 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1276020628' post='61381']
On Topic: Can you be neutral or against both or something? ;)[/quote]

Yes. Burns and others have expressed a desire to interfere. That's fine with me - such is life in MagicDuel.

More information on the fights will be posted soon.

Edited by Tarquinus

[center][size="6"][b][u]Mya Celestia Is Dead! Act II: Conflict[/u][/b][/size]
[/center]

[u][b]Fighting Rules[/b][/u]
All right, here are the fighting rules for people [i]involved in the story quest[/i]. Others can do whatever they want, but are less likely to get any reward since they're doing their own thing. :P

[list]
[*]No more than 3 drachorns in one ritual.
[*]No more than 1 of any given kind of drachorn in one ritual.
[*]No more than 2 of the same type of creature in one ritual (shop equivalents, such as BloodPact archers, pimped grasans, and Soulweavers, count as separate types of creature for this purpose).
[*]Offensive vitality must be set to 100%.
[*]All [u]attackers[/u] must send their fight logs to me, Mya Celestia, Pamplemousse, or Fenrir Greycloth so we know that rituals used in the quest are legitimate.
[*]There is no restriction on the use of spells.
[/list]

The first round of fights will occur at GoE. Anyone can join, but those who have not been visibly part of the quest (if you have any doubts, assume you need to do this) should note in their own PLs which "side" they represent: Mya (and Darigan and friends), Ivorak (and co-conspirators), Renegade (people who want to attack everyone but still agree to abide by the rules of this phase of the contest), or Noncombatant (participating in the quest, but staying out of fights).

The fights will function as follows: everyone participating in a quest-related fight will fight until their rituals are defeated. Any Sheath result from a duel is a defeat. Defeated participants should retire to the designated sanctuary as soon as they are aware they have been defeated (the honor system worked well in the invasion of Necrovion battle, and I hope it will continue to work well here). Duels will continue until the last participants are "standing". One side or the other must prevail (renegades, if they "win", don't move the fight map). After the fight, all participants will retire to a designated sanctuary area for at least one hour, server time. After the fight, the next fight location will be announced based on [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/7184-mya-celestia-is-dead/page__view__findpost__p__61439"]the fight map[/url]. Victories for Mya's side will move the fight map toward the Tribunal lands (substituting for Necrovion), while victories for Ivo's side will move the fight map toward the MDA (substituting for Loreroot).

Quest fights will occur from 06:00 to 24:00 [u]server time[/u]. This policy may prove inconvenient for those on my side of the Atlantic (or Pacific, for that matter), but I feel it is important to give our European friends ample opportunity to join such fun as there is to be had.

We must to battle lest the reasons for it be forgotten! The first fight will occur at 06:00 on one of Day 161.

[b]Explanations:[/b] I want to see creative rituals and interesting fights. The 100% VE setting on offense will minimize the use of tokens. This is not so easily done on defense, but it's as fair as I can make it. I also want to keep creatureboost under control: hence the limitation on creatures of the same type. The locations of the labyrinth and Eastern Lands give the fights an area any character can reach, whereas Loreroot is closed to some and Necrovion is closed to most.

[u][b]Mercenaries[/b][/u]
If you have [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/7190-mercenaries-wanted/page__view__findpost__p__60891"]signed up to be a mercenary[/url], seek me out for your silver coin (unless you don't care, as some have said they do not). Kamisha, Dmik King, Mourn, and Mr Mystery have received the "sign-up bonus" already.

Mercenaries will receive 1 silver coin for each fight they participate in, or 2 for each Sword result they get (does not have to be Sword Balance). I have a finite amount of silver, but I will find a way to pay everyone... I promise. There will also be bonuses for outstanding performance in the line of duty.

Kyphis - you will be allowed to invite recuperating duelists outside the sanctuary for creature-healing purposes.

[u][b]A word about rewards[/b][/u]
There is a perception that this is a roleplayed quest for roleplayers only. That is not the case. It IS, however, a quest for those who want to express themselves more than solve puzzles. The only requirement for participation is involvement, with the caveat that people involved in multiple stages of the story will be given precedence over those who have not. Have you helped the "story" of this quest along? Have you made an utter wreck of things to the delight of Discordians everywhere? In either case, you will be considered for a reward. If you haven't, well, I hope you at least found something in it that was a little bit fun. And those of you who have had fun will understand that "the play's the thing."

At this time, roughly half the people being considered for Wish Points are non-Lorerootians. There is still roleplaying to be done and there are still duels to fight, or failing that, chaos to be wreaked. So if you hated the first part or missed out, cheer up! You can still get in on the action.

The drachorn will probably be awarded on a MVP (most valuable player) basis, which I am currently thinking of putting to a public vote.

Edited by Tarquinus

*coughs* what if i don't want to be part of any...i prefer to observe things than to actually get involved in them and i consider that my investigations do not need fighting more than thinking...do i really need to make myself noticed by fighting in order to have a chance at this quest ?

[quote name='Indyra' date='09 June 2010 - 03:19 AM' timestamp='1276071591' post='61420']
*coughs* what if i don't want to be part of any...i prefer to observe things than to actually get involved in them and i consider that my investigations do not need fighting more than thinking...do i really need to make myself noticed by fighting in order to have a chance at this quest ?
[/quote]
No, you do not have to participate in the fighting. Mediatiors, observers, and healers are quite welcome.

[center][u][b]The Fight Map[/b][/u][/center]

Think of it like a scale centered on the Gazebo of Equilibrium.

[center]6_3x-1_1 "Mya's home base"
6_3x-3_1
6_2x-5_1 (sanc: Indexed room of memories)
3_1x0_1
Heresy Lane (sanc: Wind's Sanctuary)
Angien's Ferry
GoE (sanc: Berserker's Way)
Plains of Deceit
7_ascent_1
7_statuehalldoor_1
Jesters streets
7_pwterrace_1
--->7_templedoor_1 "Ivorak's home base"<---
[/center]

Because of the natural "terrain" of the fight "map", each side has a different tactical advantage. This is all pretty hypothetical... I am sure someone will come along with better ideas (I am open to suggestions). The idea to have a series of fights leading across the MagicDuel map.

Deviation from these locations is acceptable, if parties led by Mya or Ivorak decide to fight elsewhere than these locations. Just remember that at least 1 hour server must elapse between fights, and that the fights should lead in the general direction of either the Tribunal or the labyrinth, depending on which side is winning the fights at that point.

All fighters must remain in sanctuaries between fighting periods - this is to prevent the Lorerootians and other allied fighters from gaining a healing advantage over the Necrovians. Healing should come from spells or votes, not from walking on native turf. As there are no sanctuaries in the Tribunal lands, fighters will have to make their way back to Berserker's Way between fights (sorry).

The climactic fight at either end of the map may involve some trickery or special tactics. I hope most of you find this part of the quest entertaining.

Edited by Tarquinus