Tokening Service

Fyrd Argentus

I have several "peasant" characters whose role in life is to act as zombie sign posts in the Road Rallys (or other quests). They have no creatures of their own. They each need one credit to upgrade their mail system, but I don't want to waste the extra credits by buying a unit of 5.

If up to 8 players want to buy a share of the tokens in the MD Shop, $15 in credits per creature will get you 14-15 tokens each (slightly random, you know how the system works) -- and the peasant keeps just one credit.

Obviously this involves two transfers, so age will suffer unless these are new creatures.

If you are interested in the possibility of participating in this enterprise, please either post here or PM, indicating your level of interest, and how many creatures you might want to submit.

• Root Admin

This seems a bit like abuse to me...

using alts to token creatures then receiving the credit for doing so...

Your main isnt benefitting, But those people using the service are...

have you also considering you cannot buy tokens unless you have 8 creatures?

Edited by Chewett

Well, I certainly won't do this if it is judged abuse.

I thought abuse was using the alt to benefit the main - Fyrd is not involved in this deal, it is a way to get the peasants a credit WITHOUT involving Fyrd.

Whatever, the request was for a number of players with 8 creatures in aggregate that need tokening.

[quote name='Chewett' date='10 July 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1278753444' post='63728']
Your main isnt benefitting, But those people using the service are...
[/quote]

How is it different to anyone making a tokening service on their main?
The tokens are to be bought legitimately with credits.
As long as the trade profits are not sent off to the main, I don't see why this would be abuse.

• Root Admin

Im not really sure Rendril lol, Im just giving my opinion.

I myself dont like the fact that accounts rarely used by some players are being used to benifit friends and such. No im not talking about you Fyrd.

And the fact that the rules on alts are so obscure, and most people will blatantly refuse accept they are abusing alts due to the rules not be definite.

There is reason for the tokening rules in MD shop:
1) The tokens with be distributed randomly.
2) You need to have at least 8 creatures to be able to buy tokens.

I don't think that using alternate account to token only creatures that you want ,then send them to their owners and also make profit out of it is legal. Because it makes the rules that Mur made useless. Unless the rules will be changed in my opinion its not legal. (not talking about alt abuse)

Edited by Dmik King

For one, the two "rules" that you mentioned are not rules, but restrictions put in place by Mur to prevent abuse.

The only rule that I believe this COULD break is alt abuse, but that's doubtful, considering that the owner of the accounts makes nearly no profit, other than accessing a feature from the MDShop that I imagine will be used for Fyrd's Road Rally, because that's what the accounts are for, according to him.

Fyrd: Why don't you just use free credits to get the features?

2 credit minimum transfer x 100 pennies per credit x 2.5 avg clicks per penny x 5 peasants to upgrade = 2500 clicks x 5 seconds internet time per click is about 3.5 hours to get $5 in credits -- $1.43 per hour. But since I would have to BUY 5 credits x 5 peasants, i'ts really $25 saved/3.5 hrs = $7/hr. Slightly better than minimum wage in the US. And all this to make the math on a Road Rally slightly easier, and possible to run when I'm sleeping.

Hmm, I think I'll learn MD Script instead....

I might do it just once to learn about tokens I'd never buy myself (forget about the one credit), but surely this sort of group tokening thing on a disposable alt is not a new idea?

• 3 weeks later...