Selling "your Own Md Wallpaper"

Blackwoodforest

If someone is interested in this, I will create his own special md wallpaper, according to costumer wishes.

The price will be between 5 silver and 1 gold, depends on the difficulty and your wish of the final image.
Please be aware, making me start a wallpaper will cost you two silver in advance, which will be counted in the endprize. This is only a security fee if you change your mind. No pay back.

If you are interested, please send me pm.

Thanks

To please a stubborn MOD: These creation are not offical MD wallpapers. You all know but I have to point this out. Thank you for YOUR understanding.

Edited by Blackwoodforest

[quote name='Blackwoodforest' date='16 July 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1279266697' post='63996']
Please be aware, making me start a wallpaper will cost you two silver in advance, which will be counted in the endprize. This is only a security fee if you change your mind. No pay back.
[/quote]
I think it highly appropriate if you are asking for any of the payment in advance, that you post an example of the sort of work you could do for us. The better the quality, the more likely you are to get business.

How about showing us a Wallpaper you would use for yourself?
[quote name='Blackwoodforest' date='16 July 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1279266697' post='63996']
If you are interested, please send me pm.
[/quote]
If you can show me something worth my while... maybe you will get a PM. Otherwise, no.

Thanks Z.

And for Kyphis, please search the MD gallery and you will find a few examples of my style. And to answer your question, I currently use the evil edition of the TS wallpaper on my own screen, because i like it!. To make this one clear, it is not like I am sitting there for 15 minutes and work is done, each one will cost me several hours until it pleases me. I am offering this for other and the comunity to have a piece of MD as wallpaper of their own taste - sad there are no offical ones - so this is my offer to others. If you think I am only trying to get money for something, please do not pm me then. But if you think like : "oh someone is offering a to create a wallpaper with my own wishes, nice, there are none so far!" - then i might be of help for you

What kind of information do you need to make the wallpaper? Colors, theme, images?

On a side note, there [i]are[/i] [url="http://magicduel.com/index.php?pag=featureinfo"]official MD wallpapers[/url] (near the bottom of the page)

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/7226-using-of-md-artwork-for-md-purpose/page__view__findpost__p__61254"]Here[/url]

Yes, and if you were paying attention, you would know that it was resolved.

Why do we need Mur to resolve every little conflict? >.<

Thanks for pointing this out Pip ..but this is not the case...
[quote]Images FROM MD, can be used for quest purposes, mixed together, altered, etc, as long as they are not creating confusion. No image should be used that could be considered a spoiler, like premium creatures, remote locations, achievements colored art, etc.[/quote]

i don;t think they are supposed to be used for personal use as wallpapers and as long as one gets profit form using they still break the copyright rule ...MD has it;s own wallpapers and they are free...this is only my opinion ...

Edited by Indyra

Indyra's point is valid and should not be summarily dismissed. This topic is not about a quest that has been started, but rather is about someone who wants to profit from altering another's work.

Blackwood Forest, while your enthusiasm for this game is extreme, your approach to certain aspects of it border on criminal. You constantly seek to modify the work of another artist. Muratus del Mur has stated that original artwork, no matter the quality of it, will always be superior to the altered images of someone else.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='07 June 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1275924612' post='61254']
I recommend you try to be original, it is much more valuable to have a crappy looking but original artwork, than to copy an existing [[i]piece[/i]].
[i]Italics is my alteration to the quote to make it a more general statement as I believe it was intended to be.[/i]

Just to make sure you read one of the things above... self made art, when the case will be, will mean a lot more to me than copied art.
[/quote]

If you developed your own artistic skill, there would be no need for others to be concerned with whether you are attempting to gain from other's work, which is all I have ever seen you do. Why do you always feel the need to alter the creation of another? Though there will be artists who do not care, there will always be some who do not take such manipulation as flattery and can be quite offended. How would you feel if an original creation of yours (should you ever make such a thing) were to be manipulated by another?

As for this being a "little conflict," copyright infringment is serious and should be dealt with immediately. Ignorance can only be used to explain one's actions once, if that.

And why do we care about spamming this topic so much? Because this IS all off-topic.

If this is a serious issue, it will be dealt with by the CORRECT people, not the community. If you still feel the need to talk about it, make your own topic.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='17 July 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1279356436' post='64055']
And why do we care about spamming this topic so much? Because this IS all off-topic.

If this is a serious issue, it will be dealt with by the CORRECT people, not the community. If you still feel the need to talk about it, make your own topic.
[/quote]

actually, major issues seem like they have to be dealt by with the community until someone higher up takes an intrest.

The latest issue in all of these things is we have no idea, and there seems no direction on most of these issues from mur.

What's the point in "dealing with it" ourselves if we can't do anything about it?

The drawings belong to Mur, if he wants to punish Blackwood for rearranging his art, he will do it.

All in all, these things are much better handled in private, than on the public forum.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='17 July 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1279357348' post='64057']
What's the point in "dealing with it" ourselves if we can't do anything about it?The drawings belong to Mur, if he wants to punish Blackwood for rearranging his art, he will do it.All in all, these things are much better handled in private, than on the public forum.
[/quote]

because we cant do anything, we should do nothing?

I dont know how to help someone after them being hit by a car, but im going to have a damn good try to see what i can do.

If we just leave issues, they will be left by mur for longer, The only issues iv seen resolved by mur on the forum is the massively long ones.

Alright, Chewett, let's just keep spamming this topic, then, so that Mur notices, instead of just pointing it out to him.
(Also, the previous topic about this exact same thing was only one page long. Not massive.)

In reply to Watcher's spew about copyright infringement, this is artwork from the game, and the only money being made is the money in the game. The court it would be handled in, if it were to go to court, would most likely be in the game. Blackwood does not claim to own the material that he uses, nor does he claim that they are official in any way.

Edited by Pipstickz

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='17 July 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1279358052' post='64059']
Alright, Chewett, let's just keep spamming this topic, then, so that Mur notices, instead of just pointing it out to him.
(Also, the previous topic about this exact same thing was only one page long. Not massive.)

In reply to Watcher's spew about copyright infringement, this is artwork from the game, and the only money being made is the money in the game. The court it would be handled in, if it were to go to court, would most likely be in the game. Blackwood does not claim to own the material that he uses, nor does he claim that they are official in any way.
[/quote]

and yet he doesn't use the copyright mark and he uses other creation to make a profit in game for something outside the game ..still the same thing: breaks the rules of copyright ( as much as you wanna bend them )

and this is one reason some people have left lately they try to attempt something and rather then friendly helpful advice they get critized repeatedly for the different things they try. It seems to me you people enjoy griping as much about copyrights and all that as you do with alt abuse. and Chewett you may try to help someone whose been hit by a car, but are you going to kick someone thats already down? Has anyone considered having a conversation with Blackwood in the game or by forum pm to suggest constructive criticism. Or would all rather sit here and bs on the topic hoping Mur will pay attention.

I'l say this much Blackwood I admire your work it may not be the most original but it puts a nice twist and designs on some ideas the boundry between the game currancy and something you have on your desktop is a stretch at most. Everyone Knows what his art looks like and I'd hope that when he does a project for someone he'd desplay it here perhaps. Either way I understand where all of you are coming from I've watched this topic from the begining and Perhaps if someone would have a private conversation with Blackwood about his designs or authenticity instead of blasting him here it might just be a little more effective and you wont have an angry player feeling as if the community is against him because as Burns once told me if the community is against you theres not much you can do freely in this game without being watched closely.....

Darigan : "the whole community isn't against Blackwood " and this is what forums are for:discusions! we don;t need to do it in private and we are still doing it friendly and we don't need Mur to pay attention since the subject was already debated and we have his opinion. I pointed out that in the state that he presents his work now ,it has some issues with copyright especially since it has a tag "made by Blackwood"( which in my opinion it isn't). I also like his work very much and this issue would be solved very fast if he adds a copyright mark for MD and specifies that he "adapted" the pictures and weren't created by him ( as it is understood now from the tag).

his works are like a collage.
parts are made out of MD's hand-drawn artworks, and the whole collage is meant for MD therefore it has "Magic Duel" tag on it.
it was "made by" Blackwood, since the collage was made by Blackwood.

just a side note: collage is regarded as art (for some at least). were parts done by him or not, it doesn't matter, doesn't change the fact that it is art, for him, for me, for anyone else who likes it (which is subjective, so people categorizing what isn't art are making a mistake)

Perhaps there might be basis for Mur to sue Blackwood, but if he wants to do that he can do it whenever (or he can just tell him to stop, what Blackwood would do I am sure.), which I hardly think Mur wants to sue a player who makes wallpapers for advertising (in a way) his own game, which doesn't spoil anything, nor are they made in poor quality to ashame our community, the wallpapers he made so far are quite great, in my opinion at least.

Interpreters of Mur's desires aren't that wanted.

and to do one step further, since I expect people to say "well we need those interpreters since Mur doesn't see the problem most of the times". The picture on the forums (two of them) are present there for quite some time. I hardly believe Mur didn't notice them.

edit: grammar check

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Lol, I seen the official wallpapers back in December and I made one myself. I used it for a month or so lol.

http://storenow.net/my/?f=1272

Sent it in to Mur but it was never accepted, took me only like 20 mins though so w/e, not heartroken over it XD

I think the idea of doing wallpapers is fine, but charging for it isn't right since pictures are not your orginal work. If someone wants to donate for the time used, then sure, other than that, no.

EDIT:OR... royalty per wallpaper or something, somehow goes to Mur...

Edited by Yoshi

since he 'wastes' time to please the desire of possible customers, why wouldn't he ask for such low pricing in virtual cash?

I would like the communist the idea of people working on ideas and projects for no fee in order to help all, but if Blackwood wants to earn some money with his ability (that no one used so far to create number of wallpapers, important or not) why not? Since if you question his move, you judge all scientist who make a great discovery and charge the world for it (like in modern medicine, famous pharmacy conspiracies), and you judge system of half of the world (which again ain't bad but good, but you shouldn't focus on this individual :))

please people, leave Blackwood alone, and if Mur doesn't like what is he doing, he will tell him so?

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='17 July 2010 - 05:14 AM' timestamp='1279358052' post='64059']
this is artwork from the game, and the only money being made is the money in the game. The court it would be handled in, if it were to go to court, would most likely be in the game. Blackwood does not claim to own the material that he uses, nor does he claim that they are official in any way.
[/quote]
Your ignorance of copyright law is apparent. The point is not whether he is getting "real" money for his productions, but that he is altering and distributing artwork that is not his. He has no rights to any of the artwork he has ever used for any creation I have seen him produce. He admits that he uses other's work, manipulating it, for his "artwork." While he may have innocent intentions, copyright laws do not care about how something is [i]intended[/i], but the [i]actual use[/i] of it.
By distributing artwork that is not his, with [i]his[/i] name on it as [i]the creator[/i], he is violating that law.

As I stated before, if Muratus del Mur does not care, then this conversation is moot. However, Blackwood Forest has made no indication as to whether he has contacted the actual owner of the artwork or has a blanket permission to use what is not his.

[quote name='Darigan' date='17 July 2010 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1279360016' post='64061']
Perhaps if someone would have a private conversation with Blackwood about his designs or authenticity instead of blasting him here
[/quote]
Your capacity for hyperbole is amusing. No one has "blasted" Blackwood Forest here about what is happening, he is merely being questioned again. As for the conversation component, I would have thought that Muratus del Mur had made his thoughts clear the last time this was brought up.

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' date='17 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1279394804' post='64085']
please people, leave Blackwood alone, and if Mur doesn't like what is he doing, he will tell him so?
[/quote]
I have seen a statement similar to this on several different threads over the past few weeks and it makes me wonder about those who ask it. Are these individuals five year-old children or adults? Do any of these people have the capability to know right from wrong? Is an authority figure truly required to come by, slap the person on the wrist, and say "No! You are being bad!"?

While I know that some of the people who play this game are younger teenagers, many are easily in their twenties, if not older. Do these people need someone else to keep an eye on their actions and tell them when they do something wrong? Can these individuals not judge situations for themselves? When one says 'Mur would stop me if he didn't like what I was doing,' it makes the speaker (or writer for this particular medium) sound as though he or she were a toddler, completely lacking in the concept of morality. Muratus del Mur is a busy man and cannot keep up with everything that is going on in regards to this game and all associated with it, nor should he have to.

Would it not be wiser to think about what one is going to do [i]before[/i] doing it? If the thought 'Would Mur ask me to not do this?' occurs even once, thinking longer on the course of action would be prudent. It takes maturity to be responsible for one's own actions; statements such as the one quoted above display a distinct lack of development.

Edited by Watcher

yes you could tell it that way, if you apply my words literally in every situation, which seems that you are doing.

the fact is that the same issue was going around before, and Mur made a post, and still Blackwood Forest wasn't warned cause of his actions, yet the same people continue to voice against his work. It is obvious that isn't about protection of Mur, so what is it about?

Allright, so after the weekend I see what has gathered here. Isn´t it so, that all artworks from artists, which has been bought by Mur are property of MD? I mean, those artists have had to permit that their artworks are free to use on any MD related themes, otherwise Mur need to have to ask them as well which I don´t assume is the fact. And so as Mur the last time this topic already was pointed out confirmed that we are allowed to use artworks from MD. I really, really don´t see any point people blaming me here since I stay into the MD purpose for those.
I don´t claim artworks of my own, I point just out, like others already said, that I only put my name on my creation to see who created it, this is the vain factor in it - so what?
I am almost amused as you all might think, I would not think about my action and especially after the last blaming on this. But since this was decided and we are allowed, I don´t see any violation on copyright laws, because the owner of the copyrights is MD aka Mur.
You have a problem with the ingame item (silver) i ask for the time i would effort of this? Well if you are that picky folks, I can change this to a willingly donation. This should please most brownnoser here.
And funny is, which not even one has pointed out so far, that if I should created a wallpaper for someone, you are not sure what it will look like, nor what it will include of MD artwork if at all. Anybody thought about this? You probably will never see nor anybody else this pics, another picking for copyrights here?

my two cents.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Do you have some MD related work that has not included any MD artwork?

I see some people are saying you are only able to changed and manipulate images, which for the most part can be achiever without having any artistic tendencies.

So to prove them wrong, post your MD art that is solely yours, then i think they topic can probably be closed.