Negative Rep'

The Phoenix

Greetings,

I noticed some of fact about the negative rep' for some people and post, what's that for? seems like weird question..

I realy hope that people use it for a "right" reason, by the name.. Negative reputation already bad,its psychological and mentaly damaging, i'm new with the game also the forum, even my post not reach 15 still but i read almost all topic in the forum, and i found a sad fact that a personal and sentimentil reason sometimes or maybe always gave a bad rep for some player, whats that for? the fact that an annoying and bad personality player in game sometimes cause them to received a bad rep for every of their topic or post in the forum? And even a "personal" issues between player created a "must" reason for some player to give a bad rep for every of their "opponent" post even before they read the post?

I'm sorry for this, maybe its not a really "important" thing but some new player like me got distracted by ur negative rep about some player, i found some are nice character,amazing personality and helpful player in game but they got a really bad rep in the forum even for their "usual" topic or post.
Its all about respect, a habit, a mateur act, i just dont wanna think twice to knowing someone in realm, but if this forum is created for an "out of the realm" reason and totally not a game part then i can't say anything..

Once again a bad rep' is totally damaging a player reputation and killing their character in game,but if thats for a right reason i dont mind, but if its not..I'm very sad, please vote responsibly..

(im sorry if my english not the best one but i'm trying my best.. :P )

Regards,
-Phoenix For The Sky Army-

[quote name='Harion' date='25 July 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1280070465' post='64579']
forum rep is not in any way tied to the game afaik
go crazy with negative repping, it's da bomb!
[/quote]

its -13 for you,thats why you can easily said that.. :P

-14 now probably ...

I think it's a necessary evil. Usually the forum reputation gives you an image of how a person is seen by the community. It's an average. Of course this is not 100% accurate but in my experience I found it to be true in most of the cases. At least for the active members. Not the ones that post once a year.
The downside of it is that people might refrain from saying certain things so they will not be neg reped. But I do hope it's not the case.

After while you stop caring. I know some people that actually are competing for bad rep. Earthier way iI am fine with the thought that I have a generally abrasive personality on the fourm.

Since personally, I've been at both ends (around -30 or -40 rep, if I remember correct, and now what I have currently), I can say one thing with near-certainty; Rep is almost as meaningless as a rock's opinion on politics. Almost. It does show what the community thinks of you, because if somebody sees -rep on a post that they don't think belongs, they may try to correct it.

I disagree with Pipstick and phantasm.
Negative reputation is all about what you write in that specific post.

For example,
- if you write stuff that is offensive, you will get "neg rep".
- but if you write something interesting ... and ppl like it ... you might notice a positive reputation for that specific post.
- I think that it was a months ago when on the same page, for the same player, I gave a positive reputation and a negative one. There were 2 ideas, one good and one stupid (in my opinion).

So ..

Consider that giving a reputation point (+ / -) as your own 2 cents on his/her post.

In the end, if you notice that you have a lot of neg rep ... you should ask yourself why.

Consider it as the fastest feedback you can give / get.

(that if you really care what others think about you)

Edited by dst

[quote name='No one' date='26 July 2010 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1280131881' post='64634']

(that if you really care what others think about you)
[/quote]

Yes, i do care and shown by this topic, i do care because,damn..This game is better, much better even than the social network site, i have lot of friends here even i never see them in real until now, plus the satus and the mood panel are awesome, after all the rep' things is great and true as an introspection filter for a person, thats why i just hope we use that feature for a right reason, i just dont wanna judge someone as a "bad" person while i look at their forum's profile and so when i finally meet them in game i just dislike them because of that, so.. From my opinion not perfect is doesn't mean bad.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Harion' date='25 July 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1280070465' post='64579']
forum rep is not in any way tied to the game afaikgo crazy with negative repping, it's da bomb!
[/quote]

Negative repping certain people continuously will mean you will encounter punishment.

[quote name='SubZero' date='25 July 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1280079463' post='64585']
well i have -4 rep and i did nothign to diserve it i think there should be stuff done i think people neg rep you if they just odnt liek you even if your post is full of the right info >>
[/quote]

You do have an abrasive way of saying things, Sometimes people dont like it. Iv seen you been really rude to people ingame, and you had no clue about it. I see Reputation as a small way of seeing feedback to what people think of what you said.

[quote name='No one' date='26 July 2010 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1280131881' post='64634']
I disagree with Pipstick and phantasm.Negative reputation is all about what you write in that specific post. For example, - if you write stuff that is offensive, you will get "neg rep". - but if you write something interesting ... and ppl like it ... you might notice a positive reputation for that specific post. - I think that it was a months ago when on the same page, for the same player, I gave a positive reputation and a negative one. There were 2 ideas, one good and one stupid (in my opinion).So ..Consider that giving a reputation point (+ / -) as your own 2 cents on his/her post. In the end, if you notice that you have a lot of neg rep ... you should ask yourself why.Consider it as the fastest feedback you can give / get. (that if you really care what others think about you)
[/quote]

No one has explained exatly what i think about Forum Rep.

Initually when it came along, i was going to disable it. Unsure i talked to my mods and then we opened a topic (somewhere on the forum). Although some members disliked the idea. Others saw it as a good thing. Overall from what i saw from the topic i came to see it how no one described here, and decided it should stay.

as usual im interested in what others think of the rep system, because im currently thinking that its a good idea. But im open to change :D

[quote name='Chewett' date='01 August 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1280592531' post='64852']
Negative repping certain people continuously will mean you will encounter punishment.[/quote]
wow. really? what about positive repping certain people continuously? like you for example.
each post i see you make, I'll positive rep you

• Root Admin

[quote name='Harion' date='02 August 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1280780250' post='64972']
wow. really? what about positive repping certain people continuously? like you for example.each post i see you make, I'll positive rep you
[/quote]

same thing, you will be punished.