Mr. And Mrs. Magic Duel

Curiose

I was thinking of making this as a Contest. I did something while at the Renaissance Festival that I took part of, and organized it myself, and I must say, it was quite hillarious.

Anywho.. I got the idea [or rather, remembered] after Peace's Improv show. Basically.. the idea is that you have partners, i. e. Mr. and a Mrs. [They're not married, it's just the title of the winner]. They are each to imitate each other, and use whatever "Amo" they can use. It gets completely blown out of porportion [which is the funny part of it], and they have to talk the same way, walk, imitate, etc. whatever they can use to win the title of Mr. And Mrs. Magic Duel.

There will be... 3 contestant pairs. And all the nitty gritty details are still being thought of, but, let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions and I'll see what I can do. : 3 Thank you.

For me, using the game name as a reward and nickname or whatever is too official ... you know that the users with that name are banned? how could someone get as a reard the nickname mr magicduel...?

Maybe another name would sound better, a name that does not represent the game or the lands, as those names/ncknames are very official and should not be used.

I do not think Curiouse is suggesting that their actual names be changed to Mr and Mrs MagicDuel, but instead as a way to signify they have won the contest.

For instance, the Miss Universe competition does not entitle that they are the most beautiful woman in the Universe, but merely of those competing. It does not imply a official title, or any significant meaning. Just that they won a beauty pageant.

No, i was refering to anything; that implies nicknames also, and a nickname is not a name change.

Magic duel is the game name and should not be implied in such contests and someone to wonder around happy that he/sh is mr or mrs magic duel; for this world, the name of the world is too official and important.

Just like having mr or mrs necrovion..we have king of necrovion, which is an official and important position.
The name/ nickname would be too important and heavy just because of the words that will contain...titles like that are not given away easy and some are too important and strong.

I do see where you are coming from, Akasha.

I gave it the name of Mr. and Mrs. Magic Duel because I was following the line of how it was done at the Festival. The grounds were called "Pleasance" and we had a Mr. and Mrs. Pleasance. Changing the name/title won't be an issue at all, I would just have to find out what would fit.

Thank you for your input. : 3

[quote]Sounds good. But don't the contestants need to be well known and stuff for the most entertainment? [/quote]

You have my support for the idea, but I do agree with Methys. The people who participate would have to be well known figures. If you could get some high ranking vets to participate, it could be quite hilarious. I also see what Akasha is saying, but though they may not want to be called Mr and Mrs magic duel they could still have a title. It really is just part of the appeal insted of claiming someone the winner, giving them a "title" would have more flair to it. So in other words I think you should still come up with a title to name them, just not what was stated earlier.

• 3 weeks later...

How about simply Mr. & Mrs. 2010...2011 and so on?? Seems simple enough.. And I agree with Methys, they should be well known characters but not necessarily vets.. Some of the heavy rpers are better known than the vets. Great idea Curi, we also have a similar contest at our renaissance faires. Always good for a laugh.. :)

I do agree with just labeling it as 2010-11 and such like that.

I think that if we round up the veteran Rpers, it would also make a good game.

However, what I am also trying to steer away from is the 'people who always do everything and are known for always doing everything.'

Not that I would mind, but, I do want the general public to have a chance to participate and show what they got.