Manda

Pipstickz

[2010-11-29 00:04:03 - Stage 10]
[quote]Manda: GG Drach will be confiscated due to this being the second offence relating to this matter. Will have 2 weeks in Jail.[/quote]

Two weeks from Nov. 29 was Dec. 13, that was five days ago; and judging from his mood panel posts, he's still in jail. Am I missing something?

Edited by Pipstickz

It seems to me that this is a regularly occurring thing for those in jail.

I think this is the fifth case in the last 2 months that someone has been left in jail past their sentence.

Those with the ability to unban are purposely ignoring those that have been jailed. The first case, yah they missed him, second? Bad luck? Third? Somethings wrong here. Fourth? Fifth? It's obviously someone not doing their job.

Since when can those with this administrative spell neglect to use it? Yes, they were punished for real crimes. But their sentence is not up to them to decide, but the councils and Murs alone.

Perhaps we need an automated unjailing feature put in place. A countdown timer perhaps?

Grido offers a service of 5 silvers for unbanning :P

but that is his way of collecting the wedding fund... that's what happened to me back when i was in jail during political oppression era x)
When he told me it's for dst... He gave me an offer I couldn't refuse :)

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

• Root Admin

Actually Mur has said multiple times that the sentences given are a MINIMUM, The people with the unban spell dont have to use it, Really Mur/council should be doing the unbannings.

I would think you are lucky these people with the unban spell are using it, Because otherwise you would be waiting a LOT longer for Mur/council to do it.

So perhaps this topic should be, Why is Mur/Council so slow? They should be punished!... Yes... I thought so, no one is gonna complain against them :))

Well if they won't even release someone when they should be released, what does that tell you about how they'll do things in the future? It takes all of five seconds to cast a spell, does it not? Not to mention that the council consists of more than one person, so at least one of them should be able to do this while they're busy planning their stuff or whatever. In any case, I've said what I think and if they want to punish me for it, Chewett, then that's their choice, but it would be one made in quite poor taste, in my opinion.

PS: Thanks for changing the title, Chew

Edited by Pipstickz

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1292752369' post='75710']
Well if they won't even release someone when they should be released, what does that tell you about how they'll do things in the future? It takes all of five seconds to cast a spell, does it not? Not to mention that the council consists of more than one person, so at least one of them should be able to do this while they're busy planning their stuff or whatever. In any case, I've said what I think and if they want to punish me for it, Chewett, then that's their choice, but it would be one made in quite poor taste, in my opinion.
[/quote]

That was actually a joke Pip. I doubt the council would really punish anyone for something as minor as that. I just dont think you should be complaining at the people who have the spell when they didnt do the actual ban. Them unbanning people is merely them being helpful. Complain to the people who banned it, and not like Seigh is, to the people who are being helpful and unbanning them.

Seems like all of you don't read the announcements properly.

That was the punishment Manda would had received from the council BUT the last line of the announcement said:

[quote]However, Since MdM asked us to consider only lifeline's complaint only his punishment will be changed. This would have been the initial decision taken if indeed MdM had not stepped in.[/quote]

So Manda's punishment remains the one set by Mur:

[quote]Mood panel stauts: "Set at Drach L muhahah"
Manda finds himself the second time in a crime related to the drach cave after being punished and warned once about this. He will remain locked in the cave on [color="#FF0000"][u]undefined period[/u][/color], together with SmartAlekRJ. [/quote]

Happy now?

My apologies for intruding this topic but I have a question.

[quote] *MasterB*: Will have 2 weeks in Jail and removal of citizenship, with the possibility of being accepted back anytime if GG king decides so. [/quote]

From what I recall, B didn't get to jail as the announcement said. Was the desicion for him changed or someone forgot it?

As someone who has the unban spell, I figure I should say something here.

The unban spell is used at our (those with the spell) discretion, we use it if we want to, we by no means have to use it, so take it as lucky if we do.
Another thing, I will ~never~ (or at the least very rarely) unban someone unless they ask me to, that's directly asking, not via mood panel or something like that, and it has to be after the minimum sentence stated as well (that's a given).
I don't know about other people with the spell, or the council/Mur, but they might work the same way, or have forgotten? (Doesn't count in this case cos of the indefinite bit, but yeah)

-----------------
LE: In reference to Pip's Hate Page link to this post. (28/09/2011)
Every player that wants to be unbanned by me must message me in game to be released, regardless of who they are, or what they were put in Jail for, so I'm not entirely sure how he describes it as subjective on my part.
How am I meant to know someone's due to be released unless they tell me? I don't always pay attention to Mood Panel or forums (and I definitely don't keep track of everyone's sentence), so for equality I set the same way of being released for everyone. Everyone is able to message me in game, and prisoners are allowed to ask around how to do it.

Edited by Grido