BBGsite.com Best Browser Games 2010

nadrolski

i saw a contest from the site when i was voting for the free credits awhile ago, and maybe we can contribute and help our boss by casting our votes for MD.

MagicDuel Adventures is nominated under the following categories:

* [url="http://contest.bbgsite.com/gameprize/webapps/index.php?controller=prizeitem&id=1"]Most Popular[/url]
* [url="http://contest.bbgsite.com/gameprize/webapps/index.php?controller=prizeitem&id=2"]Favorite RPG[/url]

[b]Register on the BBGsite and vote for MD now![/b]

[quote name='Rendril' timestamp='1293829244' post='76550']
Number of "votes" didn't seem to change ranking, since some games with a lower votes were ranked higher. My guess is it only actually counts unique voters when ranking.
[/quote]
yes I noticied that some time ago in daily votes, it work only once if you have registered at that site

we should really check what sites makes most of effect in "recruiting" people for RPG sites, or anything similar in spirit of MD (something that attracts similar people like MD people anyway) and then focus on advertising there.

I presume it wouldn't be much work if a small group of people would put an effort to it... bad luck advertisers aren't active

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' timestamp='1294248246' post='76860']
we should really check what sites makes most of effect in "recruiting" people for RPG sites, or anything similar in spirit of MD (something that attracts similar people like MD people anyway) and then focus on advertising there.

I presume it wouldn't be much work if a small group of people would put an effort to it... bad luck advertisers aren't active
[/quote]

I can't imagine that too many people would start playing an online game by looking up topsites...People just start playing what their friends play. I'm curious how many of you found MD on a topsite? or how many of you were clicking the links and thought "hey! wow! omgwtfbbq! a game about ninja mafia pirates! MMMORPGEEZUS!!!" and actually registered for it :))

Take me as example - I've started playing Kings Of Chaos back in 2003-2004 as my best mate was playing it. Almost a year later, after having built a nice account, I get sabotaged by one of the big guys and all my weapons are meeped. The system was crap and a lot of people were leaving to this new game Darkthrone, which was in alpha stage and more complex and balanced than KoC. So I make a few friends, discover some of them were from Romania (including Pelerinul who told me about MD), and soon after we were in beta and had a romanian alliance, and we were meeting for beers on a weekly basis. had tons of fun, wars with the Polish and Indonesians, beat up everyone...we even built bots that automated most actions, including logging on to hundreds of accounts at once just to attack one guy in less than a second :))
then the game got boring, beta stage would never end (it's still running now), there was a brief omega stage, but still boring so in 2006 most of us in the alliance quit and moved on to other games (crims, travian, the west, lineage 2, dota, erepublik, heroes of gaia etc.) and always played as an alliance (even if not all 100 of us were playing all the games). we even won travian s6, but that game pretty much tore us up, and lots of people (myself included) quit online games altogether...until a couple of years ago, when darkthrone gold started :)) so all of us got back into it and are still playing that and maybe 1 and half years ago, i think, this guy from the alliance, Pelerinul, told me about MD so I joined on a whim. Mind you, I probably wouldn't have stuck with it if I was back home, as it was veeerryyy slow to start IMHO, but i was in dusseldorf for 8 weeks and only had my work laptop with me and crap internet, so I kept up and eventually I got hooked. I even got about 12 of my alliance-mates to register, but none of them liked it unfortunately.

so yeah, i voted, but i don't think this kind of advertisement will make much difference, as probably 95% of the people who see those sites are players for various games going there just to vote and closing the site. what WILL work is actually promoting it to people you know. don't just put the link in your signature on other forums, start topics about it!

[quote name='Totenkopf' timestamp='1294255254' post='76873']
I can't imagine that too many people would start playing an online game by looking up topsites...People just start playing what their friends play. I'm curious how many of you found MD on a topsite? or how many of you were clicking the
[/quote]

I'll try to explain.

I'll take one site browsermmoprg.com
We vote for it daily in free credits.

Players see our position in the top list and click our page.

The "OUT" you see in the topsites are the players who visited our page.

For example we have received 11, 698 UNIQUE OUT (different persons) from only that toplist.

Now imagine how much players we receive with all toplist combined. That's why we NEED to vote for MagicDuel
because not only helps the game, it helps us get a bigger community to share and socialize.

Edited by bfh lighthing

i hope this ain't a spoiler.

there is an awesome [u][b]BONUS[/b][/u] at our [Free Credits] menu, giving each and everyone of us die-hard MD fans appetite to vote and make MD the #1 for the awards categories.

[i]Enjoy![/i]

[b]GO MD! GO MD! GO MD![/b]

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' timestamp='1294485457' post='77110']
what I meant, Totenkopf, was not "Top Games" site, but some forums, an active community (is it a facebook group, or RP forum, or whatever) where we would present our world, chatter discuss and get new active players.
[/quote]

There is a facebook group for Magic Duel [url="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=143596353311"]MD link[/url]. But from what I'm seeing some spammers use this group for commercial advertisements.

[quote name='bfh lighthing' timestamp='1294256847' post='76875']
I'll try to explain.

I'll take one site browsermmoprg.com
We vote for it daily in free credits.

Players see our position in the top list and click our page.

The "OUT" you see in the topsites are the players who visited our page.

For example we have received 11, 698 UNIQUE OUT (different persons) from only that toplist.

Now imagine how much players we receive with all toplist combined. That's why we NEED to vote for MagicDuel
because not only helps the game, it helps us get a bigger community to share and socialize.
[/quote]

huh, had no idea that many, that's 10^3 times as many people as I brought? :))...but still, i don't see anyone here saying "yep, i found about MD from a topsite".

PS - now that I actually wrote 10^3 instead of 1,000 it does look a bit weird, but i suppose i was trying to emphasize a point or somesuch :))

[quote name='Totenkopf' timestamp='1294547691' post='77158']
huh, had no idea that many, that's 10^3 times as many people as I brought? :))...but still, i don't see anyone here saying "yep, i found about MD from a topsite".

PS - now that I actually wrote 10^3 instead of 1,000 it does look a bit weird, but i suppose i was trying to emphasize a point or somesuch :))
[/quote]
I was playing MU online, later I registered for many MMORPG just clicking in the top sites, before I find MD in some advertising...

[quote name='mocove' timestamp='1295223889' post='77518']
I was searching lists for a browser based game and found MD. (Since I got a free Google Cr-48!!! which is web only)
The last 2 days voting on BBG, I get the message "Oops failed to vote!"
[/quote]

i suggest before you vote (or before you login to any websites, for example here in the forum), clear your browsing history/cache by pressing Ctrl, Shift Delete simultaneously and click on the "Clear browsing data" [i](Google Chrome)[/i]

[quote name='mocove' timestamp='1295223889' post='77518']
I was searching lists for a browser based game and found MD. (Since I got a free Google Cr-48!!! which is web only)
The last 2 days voting on BBG, I get the message "Oops failed to vote!"
[/quote]

As nadrolski told, clear your cookies and cache:

[url="http://www.bnl.gov/itd/webapps/browsercache.asp"]HOW TO CLEAR COOKIES & CACHE[/url]

Also try refreshing the page, sometimes the voting link expires.

hope this helps,

BFH

• 4 weeks later...