Roleplaying

Windy

[i][color="#2e8b57"]Listen. You are all going about what is good RP and what isnt. Why doesnt anyone just do it instead of arguing about it. Yes there are rules when it comes to RPing. Any noob with half a brain can figure that out. You dont God - mod as windy and Esmeralda said. You play with other characters so that at the end of the day you can have fun. Thats what its about. BUT what I have noticed in MD there are two types of people: those that love to RP and those that stomp on RP with semantics. blah blah blah you cant do this, because you dont have that. Its bull-shyte. You wanna play in game, then play. Create a role, and play that role!! dont be perfect - flaws make characters interesting. Base it on yourself or one some one you want to be. [/color][/i]
[i][color="#2e8b57"]
[/color][/i]
[i][color="#2e8b57"]I remember when I arrived RP was everywhere, in the pub, in the park, outside willows shop, at Maple Road, outside the howling gates, in the paper cabin. We played games like truth or dare and dressed up on Halloween. We played detective with dead bodies and discovered things about ourselves and others. People interacted with each other. That was the magic in magicduel. Now its Egoduel - one ego fighting each other.[/color][/i]
[i][color="#2e8b57"]
[/color][/i]
[i][color="#2e8b57"]I love to RP. I love to slip into another character, but all these semantics and dogmas make it miserable, and you wonder why the magic is lost. [/color][/i]

I'm not sure how worried to be that I find myself agreeing with Ravenstrider...

Roleplaying in my mind almost requires knowing about the Lands, as Rhaegar's quest helps explain, for those who have done it. Building your role within the framework of MagicDuel, consistently and believably are wonderful goals. Yet this doesn't mean flinging fireballs and backstabbing without regard for your enemies either.
It's perfectly acceptable (in my mind) to refer to the real world, and how it relates to MD, just as it is acceptable to be a dragon and *pop* tankards of ale into being. Roles are, almost by definition, as varied and creative as the minds of the players who create them.

Thus, in my first reply I mentioned aligning the Pub with a potential sub-scene, and to consider how it would need to be "believed" if it becomes popular and shifts the RP Reality in the scene.
Role playing is not all fantasy and magic. It can be. Yet it also leaves room for those 'athiests' who shun the 'religion' of a certain style. (not to disparage those who enjoy a good RP.)

In addition, to those who prefer a more mechanics-based approach to Roleplaying, consider that constant actions in-character without items and tags, actually resulted in creating those items and tags for a number of people recently. Requiring them as a condition of Roleplay simply repeats the question of the Chicken, the Egg, and the timing of firstness. Both answers are correct.

So, as stated above. Lets agree to disagree, and thus, in doing so, agree. ;)

I still remember a battle we had between the protectors of Bob and the rebels ....long back...when stormrunner and all was here... it was fun. I too remember some RP battles and events with HolyPaladin DEBA....we used fight a lot...dragon vs paladin ha ha.....I know I am deviating from the topic...just wanted to share my memories ....and RP is not something which is taught in some classes...it requires the player to imagine a lot, people should watch and learn, for example I learned to do RP from the chats between diff vet players...initially I wondered what these guys were doing....finally I knew that they were living in MD ...so entered and just became part of it.....so I would say let the vets (including me :-) ) start some RPs ...and let the new players watch and learn ..

-rider

So, Keida, in your opinion good rp is making multiple alts and causing needless drama? Especially in your little area by the lake, having multiple babies in a rash that seems highly unrealistic, and falling in love with a multitude of men?

Excuse me, but that is not role play.
I see that as trash.

But that's just me.

I may not role play now, but I have for quite a few years before getting fed up with it and all the invisible rules that have been given out as to who can do what, what constitutes this or that, what even makes it GOOD.

Role play is a community thing. I agree that there is a line of what actually fits in MD and what does not. For example... some of you got met by the Postman. Did you even bother to listen to what he said about your roles? Some of you were even questioned on the constitution OF your roles, and how they even came to be, and how they fit. Some of you even may have NOT gotten what you had came to get because of that fact.

MD does not have 'classes' MD has MD. MD is not one of your generic role play games.
Take for example in Necrovion:
Jester does not take the flighty fancy, imaginary fantasy players who have their roles based on what I just described before me. If you actually payed attention to the bounds of MD, then you can understand how to better fulfill your character needs, and how it plays into the way MD fits.

Look at the AL For example.
You have a wizard-- He based his wizardship off of studying the priciples.
And Akasha-- She based her role in trying to figure out the principles and hunting in the pyramids of Mt. Kell'atha or however you spell it.

While MD gives people the chance for ingenuity and creation of various character types and personality, one must think: How does it fit in with the AL, and MD as a whole?

One example that I COULD give you was based off of why the AL [or from what I have heard] was removed:
Renavoid had a space ship.
Renavoid also had access to the AL and writing it.
You see where I am going here? Spaceship? MD? No, no no.
He CRASHED that space ship in the House of Liquid Dust. You think that was a smart idea?

So... in short:
Role play is a community thing.
Role play is a thing in which also has boundaries which should be adhered to via social, or game mechanical means.
Role play is meant to be FUN and not be burdened down with this or that rules of things that totally make it over complicated, and thus, less fun.
Role play does, however, need some sort of structure to it so that people do not go buzzing around like gnats on a banana peel. Get what I am saying?

Edited by Curiose

My 2 cents:

There are several elements of good RP. People have often mentioned no god-modding: this is when you set your character as almighty and practically invincible. Then there is bunnying: when you RP another person's reaction. And then there is one more thing: following the setting.

MD used to have a setting: it's a distinct world of its own, whose inhabitants are people who were strangely transported to this world, landing on the paper cabin, meeting Marind and then deciding what to do, what role they want to take up in this world they are brand new to. Back then, roles like dragons, elves, demon etc was even frowned upon in the game concept, as you can see [url="http://magicduel.com/index.php?pag=presentationtext"]here[/url]. If you see the people who were chosen to be RPCs back then due to their roles that was deemed unique and suitable to MD, you could see that the most "roles" is closer to what they were doing, rather than what imaginary background or species they claim to be. For example, we had Thanasia who became a priestess after leading prayers, Alche who became a principles amalgam due to his adventures in Mt. Kelle'tha, RJ who became the drachorn master for adventuring inside the drachorn cave. Of course it's not that roles that include imaginary species does not exist, we had at least one metallic rabbit RPC in the realm, but it was not the shapeshifting, fire-ball throwing kind. This was way back then in MD.

Then with the coming of the first Festival, there was a large influx of a new kind of roleplayers. They take MD's "you can be anything you want" and interpreted it as meaning MD is a freeform RPG: you can be whatever creature you want and throw fireballs whenever you want. There was a large influx of roleplayers with this mindset and for quite a while, this type of RP flourished. But as a result, the setting of MD that used to exist is quite often ignored during this period.

Either side can argue which one is right, but with the revelations that happened rather recently, both sides really should have been reconciled. In terms of setting, MD is much more flexible than most RPGs: people are even allowed to alter the setting to a degree. As shown [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/6955-a-show-of-force-1-part-2/"]here[/url], MD is a world where everyone's fantasy world is merged. Its reality is a mix of its inhabitants reality: when something becomes a reality in the majority of people's minds, it becomes real. This is perfectly reflected by the "RP reality level" system. When everyone there believes something, it becomes real. As people have different concepts of what they can accept as reality, it's easier to make something real when there is only few people there, but it gets harder to get everyone to think the same when the number of people increases.

You mentioned that there are a lot of strenuous rules and restrictions in MD; I think it's inevitable. There's no rule about RP-ing when you're with like-minded people, as whatever you believe [i]is [/i]reality, but when in a large crowd, those restrictions reflect the fact that the reality is not changing according to your fantasy, because other people does not accept it as their reality.

I would also like to comment on the opinion that it's hard to find RP in MD nowadays. True, you don't see as many blue texts nowadays as a certain period back then, but it doesn't mean there is no RP in MD. As some people have said, RP is not just about blue text. For quite a lot of people, playing MD IS role playing. When they walk, talk or do anything, they are role-playing, even if you don't see blue texts. Even without extensive made up background or race, people can RP. If you look around MD, you can find RP all over the place, although it might not necessarily be the type of RP you think of.

So now we get to my point, since ideas are requested to "revitalize RP". My suggestion is: do more RP that is acceptable to more people in general. Just like an RP needs to be very real and fact based when a lot of people are present, the opposite is true. A place that have a more real and fact based RP will be acceptable to more people, and allows you to draw in from a larger pool of people to populate the place.

Ah Windy my support is for u and ur Pub.
I will be the bada55 char trying to disturb and spread havoc/chaos in ur pub and others out there.
Stop Me through RP and i will reward u with an angien egg or any LR creatures(basically aimed at noobs)
keep an eye on the Mood panel for windy to signal of her pub opening.

Excuse me ? what;s all this ? do you need lesson to RP ? you need rules ? The only rule is to be decent, the rest is up to you!
Just go out there , make friends , show you personality , grow your character ...stop asking yourself if you'll get or fit with the AL.

Windy you had a Pub , very good ! Make offers , throw parties, organise different events.

The fact that game mechanics have improved only helps us. What i consider good RP may not be considered as well by another.There is no such thing as "Revitalized RP". you either RP or not ! There are character that RP by definition, you start RP-ing in the moment you create your personal papers or start wondering the land and attacking people! Good RP means acting according to your own character and making others play with you and accepting you as you build yourself! And that is only common sense!

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1306467724' post='85217']
So, Keida, in your opinion good rp is making multiple alts and causing needless drama? Especially in your little area by the lake, having multiple babies in a rash that seems highly unrealistic, and falling in love with a multitude of men?

I see that as trash.

But that's just me.

I knew you would single me out Curiose.

and conviently you left out where i said that i am trying to get better, and just so you know, i only have one baby. Dont try to start arguments on this forum post that only shows jealousy. and its not pretty.

Edited by keida

[quote name='keida' timestamp='1306432877' post='85169']
From NewPower

The role playing.
I cannot get the validation code to reply ,anyway, what about when players are mp3 they can be divided in small groups, a group with 3 players. Its like a family, they can be divided when they reach mp5 and they can tell also spoilers to each other. I mean, if the game creates a council, which chooses the name of the "family" which depends by the name of the players like: Dark magician , ghost and " Crazy wizard" The name of this family is "sinister magicians" so they get a role in the first day of playing, it makes the game much more interesting, and the name of the family appear on the profile. The game could tell they a "little " secret about the realm, that depends by the name of the players, family ,ect.
I dont know, but this seems interesting and MAKES the game more interesting. What do you thing, I will work more on this. :)
[/quote]

Keida, becareful. We are not aloud to post for other people. Read Chewy's rules on that.

[quote name='Raine Castaway' timestamp='1306504484' post='85244']
I know how you all feel. A few people and I are trying to keep our little role playing group active, but more people are becoming inactive and stopping role playing. And some people just hate us.
[/quote]

I've never understood why people have to take pot-shots at other people. Shows their level of maturity.

[quote name='Ravenstrider' timestamp='1306444618' post='85195']
Hard to find good RP-ers? I'm almost always in character. It seems to me what you want to find is trivial RPers.

Good RP requires a lot of knowledge about the nature of the MD realm, which almost everybody who replied in this thread lacks. Create RP-ing groups? Hello! We kind of already have those... Much better ones than those you suggest. They are called lands...

Classes? So, you want MD to become yet another DnD clone?

Windy leading a school for RPing would result in new players creating things from thin air and flinging fireballs all about... You'd just get a lot of mp3 demi-gods. And don't we already have enough of those here?

Suggestion: Read the story mode, read the AL, read the realms RP requirements. Find out what the MD realm really is and then talk about RPing in MD terms. You're just making yourselves look silly this way.
[/quote]

Gee...Thanks. Now that we've hear from all the negative people...

[quote name='Prince Lewas' timestamp='1306433496' post='85171']
All in all, no god-mod, no predefined classes (now these are secondary topics here) Only the same various, but so fantastic role-playing community as it was once ago... in my first times here, I remember it well. Since I've returned to MD after months - I can feel a difference... so, bringing the community together in many other ways, that's the point mainly, I suppose.

And... erm, Windy, a pub is just always welcome to me. I mean, you'll have my support as a frequenter :D
[/quote]

Thanks. I created the pub for players to have fun while they are healing their creatures and getting a reprieve from fighting.

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1306472492' post='85220']
My 2 cents:

There are several elements of good RP. People have often mentioned no god-modding: this is when you set your character as almighty and practically invincible. Then there is bunnying: when you RP another person's reaction. And then there is one more thing: following the setting.

MD used to have a setting: it's a distinct world of its own, whose inhabitants are people who were strangely transported to this world, landing on the paper cabin, meeting Marind and then deciding what to do, what role they want to take up in this world they are brand new to. Back then, roles like dragons, elves, demon etc was even frowned upon in the game concept, as you can see [url="http://magicduel.com/index.php?pag=presentationtext"]here[/url]. If you see the people who were chosen to be RPCs back then due to their roles that was deemed unique and suitable to MD, you could see that the most "roles" is closer to what they were doing, rather than what imaginary background or species they claim to be. For example, we had Thanasia who became a priestess after leading prayers, Alche who became a principles amalgam due to his adventures in Mt. Kelle'tha, RJ who became the drachorn master for adventuring inside the drachorn cave. Of course it's not that roles that include imaginary species does not exist, we had at least one metallic rabbit RPC in the realm, but it was not the shapeshifting, fire-ball throwing kind. This was way back then in MD.

Then with the coming of the first Festival, there was a large influx of a new kind of roleplayers. They take MD's "you can be anything you want" and interpreted it as meaning MD is a freeform RPG: you can be whatever creature you want and throw fireballs whenever you want. There was a large influx of roleplayers with this mindset and for quite a while, this type of RP flourished. But as a result, the setting of MD that used to exist is quite often ignored during this period.

Either side can argue which one is right, but with the revelations that happened rather recently, both sides really should have been reconciled. In terms of setting, MD is much more flexible than most RPGs: people are even allowed to alter the setting to a degree. As shown [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/6955-a-show-of-force-1-part-2/"]here[/url], MD is a world where everyone's fantasy world is merged. Its reality is a mix of its inhabitants reality: when something becomes a reality in the majority of people's minds, it becomes real. This is perfectly reflected by the "RP reality level" system. When everyone there believes something, it becomes real. As people have different concepts of what they can accept as reality, it's easier to make something real when there is only few people there, but it gets harder to get everyone to think the same when the number of people increases.

You mentioned that there are a lot of strenuous rules and restrictions in MD; I think it's inevitable. There's no rule about RP-ing when you're with like-minded people, as whatever you believe [i]is [/i]reality, but when in a large crowd, those restrictions reflect the fact that the reality is not changing according to your fantasy, because other people does not accept it as their reality.

I would also like to comment on the opinion that it's hard to find RP in MD nowadays. True, you don't see as many blue texts nowadays as a certain period back then, but it doesn't mean there is no RP in MD. As some people have said, RP is not just about blue text. For quite a lot of people, playing MD IS role playing. When they walk, talk or do anything, they are role-playing, even if you don't see blue texts. Even without extensive made up background or race, people can RP. If you look around MD, you can find RP all over the place, although it might not necessarily be the type of RP you think of.

So now we get to my point, since ideas are requested to "revitalize RP". My suggestion is: do more RP that is acceptable to more people in general. Just like an RP needs to be very real and fact based when a lot of people are present, the opposite is true. A place that have a more real and fact based RP will be acceptable to more people, and allows you to draw in from a larger pool of people to populate the place.
[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying. That makes more sense.

[quote name='dragonrider7' timestamp='1306460833' post='85215']
I still remember a battle we had between the protectors of Bob and the rebels ....long back...when stormrunner and all was here... it was fun. I too remember some RP battles and events with HolyPaladin DEBA....we used fight a lot...dragon vs paladin ha ha.....I know I am deviating from the topic...just wanted to share my memories ....and RP is not something which is taught in some classes...it requires the player to imagine a lot, people should watch and learn, for example I learned to do RP from the chats between diff vet players...initially I wondered what these guys were doing....finally I knew that they were living in MD ...so entered and just became part of it.....so I would say let the vets (including me :-) ) start some RPs ...and let the new players watch and learn ..

-rider
[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1306449408' post='85209']
I'm not sure how worried to be that I find myself agreeing with Ravenstrider...

Roleplaying in my mind almost requires knowing about the Lands, as Rhaegar's quest helps explain, for those who have done it. Building your role within the framework of MagicDuel, consistently and believably are wonderful goals. Yet this doesn't mean flinging fireballs and backstabbing without regard for your enemies either.
It's perfectly acceptable (in my mind) to refer to the real world, and how it relates to MD, just as it is acceptable to be a dragon and *pop* tankards of ale into being. Roles are, almost by definition, as varied and creative as the minds of the players who create them.

Thus, in my first reply I mentioned aligning the Pub with a potential sub-scene, and to consider how it would need to be "believed" if it becomes popular and shifts the RP Reality in the scene.
Role playing is not all fantasy and magic. It can be. Yet it also leaves room for those 'athiests' who shun the 'religion' of a certain style. (not to disparage those who enjoy a good RP.)

In addition, to those who prefer a more mechanics-based approach to Roleplaying, consider that constant actions in-character without items and tags, actually resulted in creating those items and tags for a number of people recently. Requiring them as a condition of Roleplay simply repeats the question of the Chicken, the Egg, and the timing of firstness. Both answers are correct.

So, as stated above. Lets agree to disagree, and thus, in doing so, agree. ;)
[/quote]

Thank You.

[color=purple]EDDDIIIIITTTT button!! - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

[quote name='Windy' timestamp='1306507264' post='85247']
Keida, becareful. We are not aloud to post for other people. Read Chewy's rules on that.

I've never understood why people have to take pot-shots at other people. Shows their level of maturity.
[/quote]

OH! my apologies, i did not know that.

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1306467724' post='85217']

I see that as trash.

But that's just me.

I knew you would single me out Curiose.

and conviently you left out where i said that i am trying to get better, and just so you know, i only have one baby. Dont try to start arguments on this forum post that only shows jealousy. and its not pretty.
[/quote]

Me? Jealous?

Far from it. I have no reason to be jealous of a child.

I second what Indyra said, and what plenty others have told me:
[b]If you want something done, don't sit here on the forum whining about it. Get out there and do it, deal with the repercussions later.[/b]

You can EASILY arrange things that can be done. I mean... hell, when Renavoid was still around, in that last RP shot, HOW MANY of you people stepped up to Rp? Hm? Very few, if I remember correctly. Oh, and with this Abra thing? How many are ACTUALLY getting involved with it now? Again, as far as I can tell... very few.

So the issue is not just "oh Rp is dying, wah wah wah" its: "People don't care any more." Or, "People only Rp for the limelight and to get noticed, to get all the little trinkets and jewels they can find for their 'role.'

So maybe there IS a mix between the two, but you can't simply blame that Rp is dying because Rp is dying. Rp is dying because people just don't care any more. No one is wanting to do anything-- from what I have also heard, dunno how true this is, but supposedly, the Al is what gave people a reason to do this. I don't completely agree. This goes along with what I said in the third quotations.

You what you need. You just have to organize it in a fashion that people are interested, and gee... I don't know, maybe even take part?

Edited by Curiose

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1306517921' post='85258']
Me? Jealous?

[/quote]

Like i said, stop trying to start a fight in the Forum....

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1306517921' post='85258']
Me? Jealous?

I second what Indyra said, and what plenty others have told me:
[b]If you want something done, don't sit here on the forum whining about it. Get out there and do it, deal with the repercussions later.[/b]

You can EASILY arrange things that can be done. I mean... hell, when Renavoid was still around, in that last RP shot, HOW MANY of you people stepped up to Rp? Hm? Very few, if I remember correctly. Oh, and with this Abra thing? How many are ACTUALLY getting involved with it now? Again, as far as I can tell... very few.

So the issue is not just "oh Rp is dying, wah wah wah" its: "People don't care any more." Or, "People only Rp for the limelight and to get noticed, to get all the little trinkets and jewels they can find for their 'role.'

So maybe there IS a mix between the two, but you can't simply blame that Rp is dying because Rp is dying. Rp is dying because people just don't care any more. No one is wanting to do anything-- from what I have also heard, dunno how true this is, but supposedly, the Al is what gave people a reason to do this. I don't completely agree. This goes along with what I said in the third quotations.

You what you need. You just have to organize it in a fashion that people are interested, and gee... I don't know, maybe even take part?
[/quote]

*reply to the second part* That is exactly what we are trying to say Curiose, Lack of caring to do rping the right way.

[quote name='Raine Castaway' timestamp='1306504484' post='85244']
I know how you all feel. A few people and I are trying to keep our little role playing group active, but more people are becoming inactive and stopping role playing. And some people just hate us.
[/quote]

I think, everything that matters can be found in this reply... shows the main problems what have caused that undesirable difference in RP, and in the community at all.

---

We should not judge the others, telling our opinions or feelings on whether his/her role is good or not - simply we can't, it's relative. We are here only to form ideas, make suggestions and talk about... not someone's role exactly, but about all of us, the whole MD people - so, RP in general.

Better not to RP just for yourself and to simply enjoy it. RP for & with the others as well.
[b][i]Not just act your role, but live it [/i][/b]^_^

Edited by Prince Lewas

[quote name='Prince Lewas' timestamp='1306518566' post='85261']
I think, everything that matters can be found in this reply... shows the main problems what have caused that undesirable difference in RP, and in the community at all.

---

We should not judge the others, telling our opinions or feelings on whether his/her role is good or not - simply we can't, it's relative.
We are here only to form ideas, make suggestions and talk about... not someone's role exactly, but about all of us, the whole MD people - so, RP in general.

Better not to RP just for yourself and to simply enjoy it. RP for & with the others as well.
[b][i]Not just act your role, but live it [/i][/b]^_^
[/quote]

Very wise remark Lewas. and one i was happy to read.

Have you considered the "RP Reality requirement: moderate" aspect yet? I haven't looked into this very much myself, but I think it simply means that your RP has to follow the guidelines set by the amount of people. For example, if you have two or three people in a scene flying around or transforming, since the RP Reality requirement is set low, they can.

The issue that was happening is from when you have two or three people making up spells amongst a crowd of thirty people, and the rest of the group don't believe in the spells. If you can gather twenty or thirty people in a public area who all want to role play the same thing and have two or three people there that don't, I'd say the role player's win.

On a separate topic, I never understood why magic and abilities are seen as so essential to role playing. Back when Jester was a younger player he used to hang out in Cryxus' pub, getting drunk and starting wars with chairs for moving when he tried to sit down, or attempting to sing Bohemian Rhapsody with Granos. To me that was fun role playing.

I'm going to throw thoughts in this

1. I was gone for a year and came back a few weeks ago... and it's been a pain to find anyone even chat with so I would say yeah roleplaying is probably at a low point

2. as far as " blue text not equal roleplay" your right but doing nothing doesn't equal anything that is why it's call nothing, anyone who wants to even imply that stat griding is a role please send me cash and your adress so I can try to beat some sense into you or at the very least bleed of a little stress

3. as far as the "god moding" thing goes that cames from not knowing how to role play at least for me it did, if you take the time at least some would probably stop

4. as far as any bitching about what anyone does with their time, grow up, you don't like it don't be a part of it. note that means not talking about it too, you want gossip make a topic on it

5. if you take the time and talk with newbies who are willing to talk you may be surprised at what you find... as long as your not to trying shove anything down their throat

[b]disclaimer:[/b] this post is not about anyone, or any post just my thoughts on what I've read in this topic, if you have any problems with it... I don't care. if you agree with it great... I'm still not to worried about it. if you have a thoughts that actually are a thought not bitching or saying someone else is bitching. lets see if we can turn them into anything real

p.s. I am reminded of some thing I read once. opinions are like penises everyone with a firm one wants to stick it in someone else

p.p.s yes, that slightly dirty joke has a point if you can't see it I don't care. if your young and it warped your mind, your welcome and tells your parents I'm sorry, now go read/ watch a little George Carlin, and read a few books by this guy [url="http://www.wickedjester.com/category/Books-66."]http://www.wickedjes...egory/Books-66.[/url] it will finish the job

p.p.p.s jester is right

Edited by stormrunner

[quote name='Jester' timestamp='1306520477' post='85263']
Have you considered the "RP Reality requirement: moderate" aspect yet? I haven't looked into this very much myself, but I think it simply means that your RP has to follow the guidelines set by the amount of people. For example, if you have two or three people in a scene flying around or transforming, since the RP Reality requirement is set low, they can.

The issue that was happening is from when you have two or three people making up spells amongst a crowd of thirty people, and the rest of the group don't believe in the spells. If you can gather twenty or thirty people in a public area who all want to role play the same thing and have two or three people there that don't, I'd say the role player's win.

On a separate topic, I never understood why magic and abilities are seen as so essential to role playing. Back when Jester was a younger player he used to hang out in Cryxus' pub, getting drunk and starting wars with chairs for moving when he tried to sit down, or attempting to sing Bohemian Rhapsody with Granos. To me that was fun role playing.
[/quote]

EXACTLY! my point here is that i want the fun rp to start up again. when i first started there was rp in almost EVERY room and now it takes forever to find someone to rp with!

I've tried to stay out of this..... but no.

Windy's class ought to better be called "Practical Techniques in Sorcery that are Effective in the Realm."

My forum thread on clickie programming for beginners might be "How to Summon and Bind Spirits using the Arcane Languange MDScript", but that begs an interesting point. This is a forum for talking ABOUT the game, and role-play HERE is discouraged.

This thread has prompted me to review my point-of-view speech patterns regarding RP. I find I've been pretty consistent on the two extremes with my forum posts and my clickie quests. I'm pretty good at slipping on the persona of Fyrd when in chat, but I have a built-in excuse for blithering about other worlds given my character's dimensional travels and tendency to wander off into a dream world at the drop of a hat. Where I am falling down is talking ABOUT my quests while in-game.

I am going to have to revise all my papers and polish things up a bit. So, some good has come from this thread, anyway.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• Root Admin

this topic has been closed as it has deviated enough, Recreate the topic with no shouting at each others Roleplay skills, this is the warning for everyone here, next time you get warnings