security letters

MoM

okay, so this has been happening for two weeks now, but here it goes :
on the log in page, the part where we have to input the characters, I input them right, but it doesn't log in.
I even try refreshing before trying even once, and it doesn't log in.
the message I get :
[color="#FFFFFF"]*Security letters invalid, type the letters you see in the image in the field next to it.[/color]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]I'm using google chrome, newest version, and I don't know how to stop this, and as far as I'm concerned, this [/size][size="7"]IS A BUG[/size][/font]
[font="Arial"] [/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"]NOTE : I've seen [/size][/font][url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8862-security-letters-not-recognized/page__p__76926__hl__%2Bsecurity+%2Bletters__fromsearch__1#entry76926"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8862-security-letters-not-recognized/page__p__76926__hl__%2Bsecurity+%2Bletters__fromsearch__1#entry76926[/url] and it's not the same, I'm pretty sure it's not something like 'i'm not looking right' or such...

Edited by MoM

• Root Admin

So you are saying you can NEVER log in? Because i dont think you are

How many times does it take to type them "correctly"?

Because depending on how many times the page is loaded, will affect the security letters, Aka if you load up login, in two tabs, only the latest security code will work.

as I said it's totally random, the number of times it takes to log in, and no, I can log in, and right before posting this, I had been trying for about 6 minutes straight (I can know since I got a call, and the time this was posted...), and at first, I was moving from the main site to the forum, and then I just stuck on the main site, sometimes refreshing 4 times before trying... I know it's weird, esp that I'm the only one with this problem, but it is seriously annoying, and I just can't wait around all that time =( sorry for any offense up there, I had just come from the gym, and wanted to move around a bit thu tribunal before taking a shower (so that I can regain more ap...)

The security letters time out after a short period. Where you trying the security letters consecutively?

As in, you try once, it fails, you try the next one right away and it fails also, etc?

yes, pretty much that... basically, I always get through to the end, but at times I'm CERTAIN it's the right words like VT just hanging a mile apart, and then it just gives me the 'security codes invalid' sign, at first I though refreshing before even trying would do the trick, it worked once, but only once...

Do you try it right away after or don't you? Is there a delay between tries?

Even if you read the code right and type it in correctly, if the security code has expired then it won't work and will provide that message.

well, at first I might have had a short delay, but later on I didn't, I just wrote the letters and pressed log in, then again, an again, and usually, given that I enter the letters directly after the page loads, and then press log in, I don't see any interval regularly...
btw thank's for the concern so far =)

• Root Admin

1) it could be cause by the delay from when you load the page to when you actualy try to login
2) i experienced the same issue several time, it made me write down what letters don't let me in so to say. Problem is that as soon as i started to do that, it started to work ..so i don't know what is wrong with it.

so far these letters were not working: DH, DL, EE ..add yours when its happening but be sure you are 100% sure of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Tabbing order should work better now, but it seems mozilla browsers like to do their own thing when it comes to this.
As for some letters not working, most confusing letters were taken out and particular combinations shouldn't create any errors. If this persists please take note of the letters causing it.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1310500318' post='87764']
so far these letters were not working: DH, DL, EE ..add yours when its happening but be sure you are 100% sure of them.
[/quote]

Just got the logout cooldown a minute ago.

The security letters were: VL

Edited by Falronn

[i][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#808080]Sometimes logout cooldown happens when you double-click the "Login and Play" button.[/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#808080]Are you sure it's not what happened this time?[/color][/font][/i]

That happens to me at times because of connection issues. You log in, the request gets sent, and then you lose connection and return to the log in screen when you refresh. (Yeah, my internet is weird enough for that to actually happen to me regularly <.<)

If that happens, you should be logged already, and can work around the log in procedure and the cooldown that comes with it by entering magicduel(dot)com/layout(dot)php as URL.

Edited by Burns

• Root Admin

If you got a login cooldown then its NOTHING to do with the security letters, as burns said it will have sent the request twice and then the second one say you had already logged in, just follow what burns said and it works.