HC Contest

MRAlyon

[size="2"][font="Verdana"]what i've noticed is that if player logs off (dumps stolen heads), his trail disappears pretty quick (~ half an hour, hour max).

the same happened to me, i've lost ~400 heads. thought a bit, here's what i came to:

1. you should look at your score too, not only at your head count. if it decreased - you were logged off; if not - you were hit and robbed. not sure about Guillak, but i'm pretty sure i saw Princess Katt offline this morning.

2. idle checker on MD is implemented pretty strange... this is more for Rendril or Mur: i think your idle checker on server-side should move people into idle status, not into logged off. "logout" should be more manual action not "go idle". it's pretty confusing if you leave your character logged on and close the browser, or shut down the comp - in few mins MD understands that you logged off. welp, not for me to decide, but this might be the problem confusing people. in most browser based games first you move idle, only then you're logged off :)

in short: if you want to be sure you're idle - do that manually, click "go idle" link, or wait till "idle" screen shows up. otherwise you're risking that MD will log you out. pretty sure that's what happened to me and to you two :) try to remember if you saw the "idle" screen before going away from comp? :)

oh, and thanks to Shem for pointing this out! ;)
[/font][/size]

Edited by duxie

[quote name='duxie' timestamp='1312192686' post='89258']
2. idle checker on MD is implemented pretty strange... this is more for Rendril or Mur: i think your idle checker on server-side should move people into idle status, not into logged off. "logout" should be more manual action not "go idle". it's pretty confusing if you leave your character logged on and close the browser, or shut down the comp - in few mins MD understands that you logged off. welp, not for me to decide, but this might be the problem confusing people. in most browser based games first you move idle, only then you're logged off :)

in short: if you want to be sure you're idle - do that manually, click "go idle" link, or wait till "idle" screen shows up. otherwise you're risking that MD will log you out. pretty sure that's what happened to me and to you two :) try to remember if you saw the "idle" screen before going away from comp? :)
[/quote]

Thanks Duxie, that may be the reason indeed. I think I just left the browser without manually going idle. I thought you would automatically go idle after a period of inactivity, then automatically log off after 6 hours. That's what the idle screen suggests at least ...

I definitely was idle and not logged off. I really do not think that there was enough time for someone's traces to be gone. It happened very fast.

If it was that someone attacked me, it would be nice if that person would just own up to it to resolve this mystery. But I really do not think I was attacked. And, why wouldn't they just linger and take all my heads?

[quote name='Princess Katt' timestamp='1312196289' post='89266']
I definitely was idle and not logged off. I really do not think that there was enough time for someone's traces to be gone. It happened very fast.

If it was that someone attacked me, it would be nice if that person would just own up to it to resolve this mystery. But I really do not think I was attacked. And, why wouldn't they just linger and take all my heads?
[/quote]

Aah yes, I remember that I logged off. I was not aware of that consequence (even though i do not care much on the head contest as I am pretty new).

[size="2"][font="Verdana"]
heh... so here's that joke about skiing championship...

three skiers come to a hotel in championship town to take their reservations, but it appears that a mistake happened and the only one single room left free... newly married ones. you know - one huge bed, lots of red hearts, flowers, etc... welp, skiers need to sleep somewhere as early in the morning they need to take a competition. so they do agree to take that room and sleep in one bed. oh, forgot to mention, naturally they were all from different countries. no offence, will pick them sort of random. so, they were german, french and russian. as night comes, they go to sleep. german at one side, french at another and russian in the middle.

the morning comes, they all wake up. german yawns and starts talking: "guys, you won't believe what a dream i had... i've met such a gorgeous woman here in hotel, we talked a bit, came to my room and we had an awesome sex! that was really something...". french: "oh... i had a pretty similar dream too, just with three gorgeous women, and yeah, sex was terrific". russian sniffs sadly: "well... i had a wonderful dream too, just the ending i really didn't like... so i am taking a part in our contest, holding my skiing sticks firmly, going at full strength, nearing to the finish in the first position... i add up the last bits of my energy, i already see the finish line, i hear the crowd screaming! few more pushes, and!.. skiing sticks melted..."

welp... what i want to say by this story - i feel almost the same as that russian. few meters left to the finish line and now i can just look as my score is melting. sad, heh :) i hope at least i helped to make this HC a bit fun and pleasant for some of you. not like for that german and french, but still ;)

huge thanks to everyone who helped me! huge thanks to all who made me to learn! cya, time to sleep ;)
[/font][/size]

• 5 months later...

[quote name='Rasiel' timestamp='1312226292' post='89290']
Seeing as this relates to HC.

Everyone's points have been dropping.

It seems the Head Hill tag has been removed from the GoE.
[/quote]
[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1325815062' post='99959']
if someone fancies telling me whether this was resolved? I skipped a number of posts, I'm going snow blind
[/quote]
[quote name='Shemhazaj' timestamp='1325848362' post='100061']
[color=#808080][i]actually, last BHC and HC did run together again.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]I'm not sure if the GoE problem occurred again or not (I think it did tho), can someone who took part in the competition confirm?[/i][/color]
[/quote]

if its about the heads hill tag missing when the BHC ends and the HC still runs,
The tag still disappears when the BHC ends while the HC runs

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Tal' timestamp='1325854105' post='100079']

if its about the heads hill tag missing when the BHC ends and the HC still runs,
The tag still disappears when the BHC ends while the HC runs
[/quote]

This is still the case.

Sorry if this is a double post, but I have no time to go through the whole topic. Can be remove or edited as needed.

HC bug:
[attachment=3912:HC-bug.jpg]

Happened when I tried to give all heads.

As long as I am aware, the BHC has ended.

Edited by Fire Starter

confused as to the message thinking that you're in it (kinda) though - I would of figured it'd check whether you were in it, before checking who you're sending to, but yeah, heads transfer is bhc only

• 2 years later...