ap cost of exiting GG gate

MoM

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

basically, when a person worries and takes his time passing through the labyrinth, especially one with as low ap as I, they usually have the comfort of knowing that exiting GG won't be as hard as entering it...
Not any more..68
I entered GG yesterday with a pass slip, on Mya's quest, now, I want to exit, but the ap requirement is too high (268 ap) something I can't achieve with free credits and burst

I understand why it needs a high requirement for entry, but does it have to be like that for exit as well? can't it be something like MB gate, where entry is 80 ap, but exit is 20...

It would really make my visits more infrequent if I knew that I'd have to leave as I came in - labyrinth...

I have a poll that might, perhaps help...

I think MoM has a point here, a lower AP cost to exit would be more reasonable. Perhaps the exit cost should be something around 80-140, so it is still reasonable to get out. You want them to stay out but why make them stuck in if they get there through other means? I believe there are people who can summon other people... what if they were a bit mischievious and summoned people inside the gates to get them stuck? :))

(I laughed at myself when I saw the announcement. If my activity days were at 100% I would just be gaining the ability to enter Golemus Golemicarum today. Still got a long way to go though.)

Edited by Falronn

The gates are forever open, but only for the chosen.

If you're unhappy with the ap cost, you can always get out through the backdoor. If that wasn't there, i'd agree that it's too much, but since it is... nothing to worry about.
I'm rather curious how Necro will be done, these gates could really turn into a trap.

Edited by Burns

While I have no direct loyalty to Golemus, I agree with Burns.
There is still other 'back door' exit available, as it was prior to this change, and this change simply means there is another option for those who can use it. Challenge and limitations mean things to overcome, after all, and are their own reward once we get in.
"Buyer Beware" in a sense, or "GateWalker Beware" to be more accurate. :cool:

The requirements just makes you figure out how you're going to get there. Then you'll have to decide if the round trip of your path is going to be worth it or if you're going to wait until you can get there and back in a comparatively short amount of time.

It's still your choice to go to GG. The ap and time costs are just the things you're going to have to consider when making that decision

The AP isn't an issue actually. Yes it's too high for younger people(MD wise) but the GG "gate" was closed off until now. I'm glad that there's another way on how to go to GG without going to the labyrinth. Both ways are for experienced or aged people so it seems fair to me.

basically Luke, you missed my point... the labyrinth can be solved by almost anyone, if he/she is patient...
but now, with this sky-high viscosity, going through the labyrinth is living hell...
once the players reach GG they'd say something like "finally" and explore it...
once they're done, they'll want to leave... basically, it's high-way robbery to make them leave through the labyrinth as well...
it's as if you're telling players : don't come here implying, don't explore, implying, don't be inquisitive... rare new players have what it takes to cross the labyrinth, and once they do, how do you repay them? by making them cross it again?

entering is for the vets, they've played long enough and should be allowed to enter through a way different than the labyrinth, but why is the exit this way as well?

I think it should still be high (to leave) about 120-ish, high enough for it NOT to be such an easy task (might require free credits, and burst...) but not 240 + (depending on viscosity)

and @Amber, like I said, new players want to see the realm, because that's the type of players MD gets, inquisitive ones...
and @Maebius, sure challenges and limitations are things we have to overcome, but what if the 'age' doesn't allow it?
and @Burns, they're open for the chosen to come in, but for EVERYONE to go out...

final word (to all) : suppose this 'active days into ap' thing never happened... how would you feel about the 240 ap requirement?
and before you tell me, it's because of that change that they put this high ap, I'd like make you imagine a similar scenario : gate is closed. age into ap applies, BUT exiting through the gate also costs 240 ap... now you might complain it's not fair to have crossed the whole labyrinth (for a meeting lets say) and now you have to go back through the labyrinth again... you'd definitely take the gate... same goes here, we'd love to take it, but we can't =(

anyone not convinced, please reply.

Hei,

Considering the visc. drop the entrance is actually lower cost than exit (too low in my opinion). As do the subject in hand i'm used to not being able do exit thru gate at all so equal ap cost seems reasonable.

Edited by Miq

If I may point you towards this announcement: [b]Actionpoints bonus for Active Days[/b]
The number of active days will influence from now on the total action points you can accumulate. The older you are the more Ap you will have. The way the bonus is distributed is not constant but in the first 6mo matches half of the active days count, later on growing slower. . The exact bonus values are posted on the forum.[color=#ff0000] The intention is to keep newer players in more central areas, while older players will feel more comfortable to adventure in deeper areas of the map.[/color]

yes sasha, which is exactly why the ap required to enter must stay the same, but c'mon, don't you guys suggest we 'try the labyrinth'? that's the whole point of my discussion, entering it directly via gate should not be for everyone, if just 'anybody' wants to enter GG, he has to get in the HARD WAY... but after he got in, and felt satisfied, he sould be able to leave a little easier...

Considering that the gate was in fact not open for the public before, the AP 240 is actually too low, can even be said to be a gift. Active player with more than 300 days can be passed with just one click.
So basically everyone will get through (in and out) easily someday, if anyone complained that it is too high simply because there is no way they could reach 240 AP by max AP that they has now (even after adding them in any way they can.)
It's simple.. Keep active, and you'll be able to get through it with ease.

And I agree with * Burns *, I'm very curious how the end result to Necrovion's. AP cost as high as that for Necro's gate is a joke.

Edited by Poppitz Resurrection

Pardon me, but i fear you're the one not getting it. The gates used to be completely locked from both ends, it's a very recent development that you could walk out through them, and a relatively anti-intentional one, too. That bridge isn't just there to keep things out, but also to keep things in.

Not so long ago, there was no way to leave Golemus at all, not even the maze. Take the backdoor if you don't like the front, you really have enough opportunities to get out these days...

As Burns has said.

The AP to enter and to leave IS intentional.
Golemus is not there for just anyone and everyone to get into and out of easily.
The AP wont get changed! I for one am happy with the costs to get on or out of Golemus
The incentive here is to get older and to be around long enough to enter and explore.

I do not want to find that just anyone can walk in it is suppose to be difficult and i currently believe
that the gate shows the level of difficulty.

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1312354795' post='89382']
The AP to enter and to leave IS intentional.
[/quote]

So Abra and its friends will be joining me in the Park sometime? That might be rather interesting.....
You -are- the king, Yrth, so all I can say is thanks for letting those of us who can, visit. Particularly in light of the Fenth's experiment today. :)

In the past, as Burns stated, the Gates were closed from [b]both[/b] sides. This meant that even if you did manage to get through the Labyrinth, you were then stuck inside Golemus until someone helped you get out (usually by telportation). Going back even further in time, their was no Labyrinth(well not open to most). The only way in was if you had somehow got access to the Gates, telportation, or if you could jump to someone that had.
Basically, the point of all this is to show that we have [b]all[/b] had troubles getting in or/and out at some point. This is no different to when it was for us when we were young. I
If you find your way in, then congratulations! Well done for either being at an age where Ap is high, or solving the Labyrinth, but don't complain if you cannot exit. You [b]know[/b] that you will not be able to exit easily, so in the end...it's your choice if you enter or not.

[color=#ff0000]The Gates AP cost [b]won't[/b] change just because the younger ones cannot be bothered to wait until they can enter. We all can enter at a certain time...so just be patient.[/color] :)

~Sasha

Edited by Sasha Lilias

hold up, back to what Burns said...
I asked quite a few LHOs and even Mya and they all said "you can exit via the gate of ages"
so if we couldn't before... then I completely agree with you guys... and I guess you can close the topic?

[quote][color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 1957 - [2011-08-03 21:13:12 - Stage 10][/color]
Golemus Golemicarum exit Ap cost lowered from 240 to 160. This was changed because GG is not intended to be a prison/trap. Also during torch, exiting the land should be faster than entering it. People that don't have 160 ap to exit will need to wait for active days Ap bonus or find alternate ways.[/quote]

Issue solved, and I lol'd

hehehe lol Mur was there in the Fenths Cave, and he said that I (of course, not I directly) have to stay here, I said it was no prob cz I can't even leave GG anyway, he then said "oh, but the ap cost of exiting GG is about to chagne" and I just couldn't stop laughing! and after the announcement =D

anyway, please close this topic...