Chat Ban Abuse

I keep wondering...please people, no matter how much you may detest people, read the announcements properly at least. "as a cummulative punishment for her way of causing scandals, not for commiting an actual crime." So leave the jail issue out, while it actually may include all this here.

Regarding the whole issue...how is it that nobody demanded the chatlog either?

From my own point of view, this is another of the cases where dst causes a small borderline scandal, and all those who dislike her mob up. Jumping at the smallest fault there is. I somehow fail to see how this could happen if it was not dst...in several senses of the meaning.

And: Grido refusing to state anything, might just be the refusal to state the obvious: "dst..don't do it again, or...!" I mean what do you expect people? Demotion and/or Jail because you think it is just, or actually just want it? If she continues this way, there will be heavy punishment out there...however you keep blowing every single incident out of proportions.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1317188878' post='92670']
I keep wondering...please people, no matter how much you may detest people, read the announcements properly at least. "as a cummulative punishment for her way of causing scandals, not for commiting an actual crime." So leave the jail issue out, while it actually may include all this here.
[/quote]
So, SS, you're saying one week in jail will change dst's behavior? Because I'm sure she will be the first to call you a liar if you do. Of course, that's beside the fact, as nobody's mentioning jail other than you.

Regarding the whole issue...how is it that nobody demanded the chatlog either?
[/quote]
It is not my place to demand things that may not even exist. You're free to try, but I've seen plenty of evidence without a chatlog.

From my own point of view, this is another of the cases where dst causes a small borderline scandal, and all those who dislike her mob up. Jumping at the smallest fault there is. I somehow fail to see how this could happen if it was not dst...in several senses of the meaning.

And: Grido refusing to state anything, might just be the refusal to state the obvious: "dst..don't do it again, or...!" I mean what do you expect people? Demotion and/or Jail because you think it is just, or actually just want it? If she continues this way, there will be heavy punishment out there...however you keep blowing every single incident out of proportions.
[/quote]
First of all: I don't dislike dst, in fact, I think she's an important part in the community, but that doesn't mean I consider her above punishment that others would inflict upon me in an instant. So no, this wouldn't happen if it wasn't dst, because almost anybody else would've been punished already, [b]publicly[/b], as has been proved with Phantom Orchid's demotion.
Second: Grido has not responded to this case at all, except in game, to claim that he really has punished dst, while providing no evidence, because he doesn't have to.
Third: If all Grido has to say is "Don't do it again", then, well, that's like telling penisfoot "Don't do it again" without changing his name. She already has done it again, and she will continue to do it again as long as there are people who annoy her, and as long as nobody does anything about it.
Fourth: She's already continued this way. The only reason people such as myself are blowing the issues out of proportion is because of the frustrating inactivity of those who can actually do something about it, but refuse to, or in this case, refuse to do so in a public way. The community deserves better than that.

Edited by Pipstickz

You omit the various other meanings I included when I mentioned only dst making this possible, but you did hit one.

For all the opinions that are displayed here, none suggests a punishment...it would help your causes if you could at least define that.

If I were a judge and had to punish dst, it would be something more creative than jail, true. And yet, you do point out "do not do it again"- by that do you mean the silencing, or just the general troublemaking?

Dst selling bugs? Would be enough to demote. etc etc etc...yet for all you list, you list small things and seem to expect big punishment. I agree small things are piling up, and yet there is the issue of her not "doing it again" with things like these, which are not acceptable. If she does repeat it, okay. If she doesn't..people, with the history between her and Seig I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier, or rather that there has not been another clash between them again over something minor.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1317191443' post='92675']
You omit the various other meanings I included when I mentioned only dst making this possible, but you did hit one.

For all the opinions that are displayed here, none suggests a punishment...it would help your causes if you could at least define that.
[/quote]
She has, according to Grido, been punished already. All I want is proof. After I get that, I can't say, because I don't know what the punishment was.

If I were a judge and had to punish dst, it would be something more creative than jail, true. And yet, you do point out "do not do it again"- by that do you mean the silencing, or just the general troublemaking?
[/quote]
You brought up "don't do it again", not me.

Dst selling bugs? Would be enough to demote. etc etc etc...yet for all you list, you list small things and seem to expect big punishment. I agree small things are piling up, and yet there is the issue of her not "doing it again" with things like these, which are not acceptable. If she does repeat it, okay. If she doesn't..people, with the history between her and Seig I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier, or rather that there has not been another clash between them again over something minor.
[/quote]
Again, I do not expect any more punishment than what she's apparently gotten, I expect proof and at least an honest attempt at fairness from Grido.

My comments were not only for you, Pip, also directed at those in this thread who complained.

The "don't do it again" thing is something I would guess has happened. As to your demands, I cannot help you more with this, you'd have to get Grido. I was just giving my own opinion, because some of the demands in this thread were a bit more extreme.

As Pips said, I don't dislike Dst. But for anyone who knows me, they know my pet peeve about equivalence. What -I- am striving for, is to have ALL players, not just Dst, not just Phantom Orchid, treated with the same respect, and outcome as everyone else DESPITE the crime. Minor or large, it shouldn't matter. The inconsistency in this is what irks me the most.

What I said earlier about her demotion/stripped spells, was not an offer of a punishment. Considering, that yes, Grido has stated he punished Dst.

The "Don't do it again" should have very well been backed up. Ask, tell, demand. one strike, two strike, three strikes, you're out. And how many strikes has Dst had, exactly? Please, do tell me. Because supposedly, she gets punished but... NO ONE HEARS ABOUT THEM.