Chat Ban Abuse

Quite the opposite Cury. I did NOT silence her. I bunnyspeaked her. There is absolutely no difference either. As you can see below, the Silence spell can be used how ever you wish, and whenever you wish. But like the announcement says, the other party can respond how ever they wish.

[quote][color="#cccccc"]Ann. 1161 - [2009-11-11 23:43:56 - Alpha 9][/color]
Silence spell changed a bit. Except the things you will notice yourself, the duration of the spell was increased to 6min, people silenced can't silence others and they can't cast spells. People under toad speak spell are also unable to silence others with the silence spell. The official situation of the silence spell is like this, [u]people are allowed to use it anytime and for any reasons they want to, i will never put an official punishment for it, BUT, people are also allowed to use any kind of punishments they have the ability to do against those that do it, so basicaly you are on your own and you should assume responsability for silencing others.[/u][/quote]

While I completely agree the dst has the right to respond with the froggy, and like spells, using an Administrative Tool to Ban me went too far. She has, once again, let her temper get the better of her and abuse her LHO priveledges. And claiming that I prevented her from acting as an LHO? A complete lie. An LHO does not give you any special rules, or makes you above the rules. Neither does being dst as she likes to think.

The LHO Tool is NOT to be used for fun. It is not a toy, nor is it something that should be lightly used either.

[quote][color="#cccccc"]Ann. 1626 - [2010-09-28 02:05:26 - Stage 10][/color]
Chat ban ability is now available for LHO and/or other roles that might need it. The ban prevents a target player from talking in the chat, that includes spell casting too. Duration of the block and reuse interval can be configured. The ability will come as an item ("Mouth Sewing Kit"). [u]Those that will be using it are asked to remember that this is intended to be used to prevent abuse and as an intermediate level of punishment before jail/ban. [b]It should not be used for fun.[/u][/b][/quote]

HOWEVER it IS a bannable offense for abusing it!

[quote]I can silence and toadspeak anyone I feel like[/quote]

was what I was referring to. You cannot just do whatever the damned well you feel like doing. There is a thread which confirms what I stated.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/4937-abuse-of-silence-spell/page__hl__%2Bsilence+%2Bspell__fromsearch__1

Edited by Curiose

Why are you talking about silencing? Seig used the toadspeak spell, and as in Eon's case, he should be free to use it as he wishes.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1311346729' post='88583']
Its like complaining about someone attacking you. These spells are limited and if he plans to keep doing it he has to acquire such stones again. I don't think it was planned for him to turn it in his new hobby to do that. I also won't put a rule on how the spells should be used, thats the whole point of having rare and consumable spells, to adjust indirectly their use.

The dude actually spent coins or whatever he did to get those spell stones to throw you people to GG, used them as they were intended to be used, to move people to the lighthouse, for whatever reason the owner of the spell considers.
[/quote]

Dst didn't pay for the chatban ability, nor is it NEARLY as limited as memory stones, and unlike memory stones, it comes with responsibility and accountability. Grido's lack of attention to this situation has only proved to me that he does not consider his responsibilities and those of the people under him important enough to deal with.

I know Seigheart isn't the most popular person, and that's why nobody really cares about this AND why dst is comfortable harassing him. If dst did this to Firs, all the Lorerootians would come out in force and speak out, if it happened to Grido, he wouldn't give it a second thought, he'd take it away. Where are all those people now?

Edited by Pipstickz

Grido says he has punished dst, but won't show any proof. The simple fact that he is not posting this himself should say something, as well as the fact that he won't prove that he's done anything.

Dst has no problem humiliating people on the forum, why is she spared? Because she's an LHO? Because she's Grido's friend?

This issue should be solved fast as it involves the integrity of some veteran players. It would not do if some new players come on to the forum and gets a wrong impression.

Saying that neither party can take a joke is not going to make the situation any better.

I am not a fan of Vicarious but if he has made a claim of injustice being done to him, it must be taken seriously. A decision needs to be made by the powers that be.

The thread so far seems to be getting ignored as there is no official stand from the council or the "big" man.

Sometimes protocol has to be side stepped for the better good.

The better good is the image of MD.

Lets close this matter and move on!

Edited by CrazyMike

[quote name='Rendril' timestamp='1315305993' post='91580']
Have you opened a case or contacted the council about it?
[/quote]
As I said, Grido claims to have dealt with it, but obviously thinks dst is more important than, say, redneck, fiju, Innocence, Seig/Fenrir, Rhaegar and all the other people he and dst have publicly punished or humiliated.

Come on, Grido. Don't just sweet this under the rug like everything else she's done.

Let's know what she gets because obviously, no one else gets privacy in how they are punished any more. : D Certainly just because you're all buddy buddy with her in MD and outside of it doesn't play a part, right? Because your actions are certainly saying so.

Buck it up and respond. The clock is ticking.

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1315416990' post='91667']
Come on, Grido. Don't just sweet this under the rug like everything else she's done.

Let's know what she gets because obviously, no one else gets privacy in how they are punished any more. : D Certainly just because you're all buddy buddy with her in MD and outside of it doesn't play a part, right? Because your actions are certainly saying so.

Buck it up and respond. The clock is ticking.
[/quote]

You could give him a little more time than 12 hours to get an answer, Curie. All people here are on different timezones and some of us have quite the responsibilities in RL that require our attention. Don't force things to happen. When Grido or Mur or Council or Bob or whoever decides, they will give us an answer. Try to be patient, please.

P.S. And for crying out, what is this: "just because you're all buddy buddy with her in MD and outside"?! We all have the right to be friends with whoever we want to be, why are we to be accused for that also? Geez, people, grow up!

Edited by DarkPriestess

Then simply wait for it! Why being so impatient?

Say dst is to be jailed, alright and everybody (well, mostly those who accuse her) gets all happy. Does it make a difference if you get happy today or 12 hours later or a week later when the result gets public?!

Even in real life trials and all sorts of things take time. You do not even know what may be going on behind the scenes. Why putting more pressure to those who ARE actually working on could only result in favor of those accused? Not saying it will happen but who knows?

Then get even Grido on a trial about this? Hmm... wonder which line number he will get...

Grido is the one who manages the LHOs and he may also have to answer First to higher powers as well. If the decision is to come from the Council and the Council does not wish to share? Drag the Council into a trial as well because they are not sharing?

I could point fingers about actual spam here, but I am not like you and others. I rest my case.

I shared my opinion, whether it was one you liked or not. As long as a thread stays open, people will continue to post and speak of their mind. And I haven't shared mine in a lot actually and when I do, I am getting yelled at?

Suit yourself. Good luck with whatever the results may be.

Peace out.

Edited by DarkPriestess

He's had more than 12 hours. Obviously.

And maybe I have been patient. I have been patient with a bunch of stupid idiots in this game, and maybe, just maybe, it's time that people aside from myself grow up.

Mayhaps you should take your own advice, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[spoiler]
[quote name='dst' timestamp='1312901499' post='89898']
Shutting up a LHO is an abuse that needs to be punished.
[/quote]
[quote name='dst' timestamp='1312910024' post='89903']
So you want war? Sue me Fenrir if you have the guts. I am waiting.

But be warned that you have to prove that I actually abused that item. 1 cast is not enough.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Apparently trying to use your LHO status to get someone punished, and failing that, declaring "war", is proper LHO behavior or at least enough to have your punishment, if it happened at all, hushed up. Go crazy, LHOs. Just don't sell or take bugs. Bugs are bad, stay in school!

In reference to:
[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1317162333' post='92644']
The exploit/bug itself isn't overly serious, it's been known about for a while and not so much abusable, the issue stands that she was at the time trying out to be an LHO, and then became one. Selling bugs or exploits, of any sort, is NOT lho behaviour.
[/quote]