MD Awards 2011 - "24h" Discussion

Grido

I expected that someone would say "This is an MD awards event, if a person deserves one of the awards, it is on the global level, not on local level, however capable the person is, which justifies the ban of the land nominations, possibly votes too", and that would have been a good argument, if only discussion was meant to be continued.

But still, the question must be asked again - where is the line where you stop calculating and limiting how can people (mis)use the nominate/vote system, deviating it from its original free-vote thing?

That's pretty much what I said, but in nicer wording, you realise that, right?

I have no intention to do anything that is protested to ~before~ it goes underway. Next year I will state how it was done this year, ask if people would like it changed, and suggest changes myself for review by the public. No changes would be made without airing to the public first.

Yes, Grido, my point was that you said it too late - away from the discussions that could have shaped the rules, now it's just a matter of chit-chat, no point to convince you that forbidding nominations from fellow land is a bad thing.

Things like this shouldn't really be done in a rush.

Edit: also, you didn't explain why didn't they deserve it, so you hardly said it, but I know you meant it.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen