HC Bug?

Zorica

from the rules:

If you are VICTORIOUS (read rules when a fight makes you victorious or just winner) you get ALL the enemy heads.

i was attacked by catalin (she had 16-20 heads, cant recall the correct amount) i was victorióus (i can prove it by log) but only received 1 head.

do i miss something?

You probably received one because of the regeneration of heads. You get 1 head after a certain amount of time. When attacked for your heads, you DO NOT RECEIVE THEIR HEADS. No, it is not stated in the rules (though, it should be), but I'm 99% sure that's how it goes. Correct me if I'm wrong,

Hedge

ok, seems to be that way as i got 47 heads from her when i attacked her.

it should also be stated in the rules that you cant always be attacked while in sanctuary but a certain amount of heads is needed in your possession the be attackable there

Edited by Zorica

You're MP4, Zori.
Were you victorious when you defended, or did you merely win?
When you're MP3, you only have two battle outcomes.
When you're MP4 and up, there are four outcomes.

[quote][list]
[*][b]~~VICTORIOUS~~[/b] (win+1)

This type of outcome happens when both players lose at least 10% vitality and the difference between both oponents is at least 30%. The win gets counted with the win/loss ballance.
[*][b]WINNER[/b]

This happens when you win the fight but you don't fulfill the rules to achieve ~~VICTORIOUS~~. The win does not get counted with the win/loss ballance.
[*][b]~~DEFEATED~~[/b] (loss+1)

When the difference between the players is at least 90% and you lose, the lost fight gets counted with the win/loss ballance.
[*][b]You Retreated[/b]

When you lose a fight but the difference between you and your opponent is less than 90% you get this type of outcome and the lost fight does not get counted with the win/loss ballance. [/quote]
[/list]
[quote]
[b]How you get heads?[/b]
Every time you win against a player you get a head from him. If you are VICTORIOUS (read rules when a fight makes you victorious or just winner) you get ALL the enemy heads. While in sanctuary you can attack other players holding heads. If you have no creatures to defend yourself anybody who attacks you will get all your heads.
[/quote]

So, you might've just won which will still net you one head.

Edited by Brulant

[quote name='Zorica' timestamp='1322438451' post='96725']
it should also be stated in the rules that you cant always be attacked while in sanctuary but a certain amount of heads is needed in your possession the be attackable there
[/quote]

If you look at the Marble Dale Park Signpost, it tells you this.

Hedge

yes brulant, i am aware of the difference between wins and victories above mp3.

it seems like you cant get the heads from an attacker only from a defender

@hedge: it might be stated at the sign but it would still not match the rules linked in today´s announcement. and that is confusing as you expect rules linked in a current announcment to be more up-to-date

Edited by Zorica

Zori Ca, the announcement is just repeating previous announcements:

[color=#000000][SPOILER]Ann. 2032 - [2011-09-28 00:00:05 - Stage 11]
[b]Trophy head competiton started![/b]
All players receive a trophy head periodicaly, every victoryous fight will give you all the heads the enemy has cumulating the in one big head ball. The more heads you have the more dificult is to hold them because of the temporary skill handicap they give during a fight. The contest consists of two stages, in first stage you can get score in all locations where you can fight depending on how many heads you gather. Second stage triggers when all top players in each MP group reach at least score. In this second stage, score will be counted only in a strategic location of the map during an entire day. Players that allready won the contest may participate but may not win the contest again. First place will get a medal. Stats rewards will be given for first 3 positions on all MP groups participating. You can see contest progress and more info at the challenge page >[/color][url="http://magicduel.com/sitegizmo/trophycontest.php"][color=#000000]here[/color][/url][color=#000000]<[/color][/SPOILER]

[color=#000000][SPOILER]Ann. 2109 - [2011-11-28 00:00:10 - Stage 11]
[b]Trophy head competiton started![/b]
All players receive a trophy head periodicaly, every victoryous fight will give you all the heads the enemy has cumulating the in one big head ball. The more heads you have the more dificult is to hold them because of the temporary skill handicap they give during a fight. The contest consists of two stages, in first stage you can get score in all locations where you can fight depending on how many heads you gather. Second stage triggers when all top players in each MP group reach at least score. In this second stage, score will be counted only in a strategic location of the map during an entire day. Players that allready won the contest may participate but may not win the contest again. First place will get a medal. Stats rewards will be given for first 3 positions on all MP groups participating. You can see contest progress and more info at the challenge page >[/color][url="http://magicduel.com/sitegizmo/trophycontest.php"][color=#000000]here[/color][/url][color=#000000]<[/SPOILER][/color]

You may expect it, but that's not the case. As Pip said, the head's contest is UNFAIR -- Anyhow, this is not a bug.

Hedge

I thought I'd ask this here, as we have already veered away from the topic.

It appears Eon has one a normal Heads Contest before, but, he is able to take heads when fighting. This is probably not a bug, but I thought I'd ask, because I'm unsure of how this works. So, is this normal?

Hedge

Edit: Ah, okay, I thought that may have been affecting it. Thank you, Chewett.

Hedge

Edited by Hedge Munos

• 1 month later...