A bit of negativity during Christmas?

Deatznce0

Ok...I don't understand a thing: you say she was told that mp2s are not allowed ouside GG. Then you say that no PMs were received. Then you say her PMs to LHOs remained without answer.
How was then she told that she's breaking the rules?

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1324925994' post='98688']
Ok...I don't understand a thing: you say she was told that mp2s are not allowed ouside GG. Then you say that no PMs were received. Then you say her PMs to LHOs remained without answer.
How was then she told that she's breaking the rules?
[/quote]

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1324895112' post='98634']
I myself have contacted your friend on more than one occasion, saying she is not allowed to be outside, yet numerous times i have seen her roaming around MB. Each time PM's i have sent have been completely ignored, read but not answered.
[/quote]

dst, she did receive replies from LHOs but not from Chewett himself. When I mentioned on my previous post that she did not receive a PM, this was directed towards Chewett himself rather than to the LHOs as a whole as Chewett insisted that he sent multiple PMs which were read and ignored. The multiple warnings that Chewett sent himself were never received.

Rather than to sound redundant, I shall requote myself bolding the bits which should answer your query:
[quote name='Deatznce0' timestamp='1324915580' post='98668']
Because the rule was never written down on an accessible place and when[b] she asked why she was outside of GG[/b] [b]nobody gave her an answer[/b], she became confused. None of your messages nor warnings were ever received [b]Chewett[/b], if they were, she assures me that she would have contacted you for trip back to GG but it did not.
[/quote]

I can't understand what is your goal.

Now when you and she know that mp2 are not supported and not allowed anymore (for long time actually), what do you want to be done to that account ?

Are you trying to persuade people here that because of lack of information and the 'trouble' that account experienced , in some strange way you/she have to be somehow rewarded, or to be super added for the suffered problems?
Be more clear ... what is your aim to prove.

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1324951424' post='98725']If LHOs were not responding to enquiries, did neither you or the MP2 think to contact the person in charge of the LHOs? i.e. me? I do not recall mp2's being mentioned to me for a long long time.[/quote]

Indeed Grido, she tells me that her first encounter with LHOs must have been at least a year or two ago, her next being much more recent; probably within in the last four or five months. Indeed we did not think of contacting you due to the nature the events. After each short period of silence, she was returned back outside GG which led us to think that the LHOs listened and made a mistake themselves.

[quote name='Atrumist' timestamp='1324956128' post='98734']I can't understand what is your goal. Now when you and she know that mp2 are not supported and not allowed anymore (for long time actually), what do you want to be done to that account ? Are you trying to persuade people here that because of lack of information and the 'trouble' that account experienced , in some strange way you/she have to be somehow rewarded, or to be super added for the suffered problems? Be more clear ... what is your aim to prove.[/quote]
[quote name='Deatznce0' timestamp='1324822458' post='98545']
Now here's why we shout unfairness (I apologise for the repetition but it is to clarify for those that still do not understand what i'm emphasising);[list]
[*]There are no rules regarding the limitations of MP2 and so by another rule, she's technically allowed to do as she pleases. [Albeit due to the unfortunate set of circumstances, she was at least led to believe there was not.]
[*]Even If there is such a rule that MP2s are not allowed off GG, she could have done nothing as she was forcibly moved each time (twice off GG and twice back on).[/quote]
[/list]
We honestly have no motive but to rather clear up this unfortunate mistake and correct this injustice. We ask for no reward, I would like to clarify your further queries if you have any but I am unable to understand what is meant to be super added for suffered problems.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Deatznce0' timestamp='1324964583' post='98738']
We honestly have no motive but to rather clear up this unfortunate mistake and correct this injustice. We ask for no reward, I would like to clarify your further queries if you have any but I am unable to understand what is meant to be super added for suffered problems.
[/quote]

MP2's arent allowed, MP2 status wont be given back to the account, if you are lucky and want it Mur might move the account to MP3. What do you want? I had thought these points were clear, and the "mistake" is no such one, because it was meant to happen. I still dont see what you exactly want, and the above post doesnt "clear" anything up, if not makes it makes it much less clearer.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1324984623' post='98749']

MP2's arent allowed, MP2 status wont be given back to the account, if you are lucky and want it Mur might move the account to MP3. What do you want? I had thought these points were clear, and the "mistake" is no such one, because it was meant to happen. I still dont see what you exactly want, and the above post doesnt "clear" anything up, if not makes it makes it much less clearer.
[/quote]

I apologise, by Atrumist's end comments I thought he asked for the motive of our post rather than the outcome. We have messaged the council to restore my friend's account completely to its former status (which means to MP2) and to send it back to GG where it is supposedly meant to be (Or alternatively the GoE if they decide otherwise), we are currently awaiting their response. We both understand that this may in the be end impossible but we are still trying.

[Below is my own personal thought/rant, take this as how you will]

The inconsistencies between the rules that everyone has mentioned and Manu's own personal idea frightens me. On the one hand it is said by almost everyone that MP2s are only allowed in GG whilst on the other Manu claims that they are all to be locked. Not only that, but these two variations are also both not somewhere publically nor commonly available (although my sense of being public and common is through the rules page, announcements and through the search of the forums).
I honestly feel like I am beginning to understand Firs little insight of what MD has become.
In my honest opinion however, the rules should be set out rather than sought out, especially when they are simple enough to written with just a lines words or sentences. (This is of course not to say that some all rules should be set out)

Edited by Deatznce0

There are a lot of rules that never apply to anybody, yet exist. What's the point of cluttering the rules page with even more special rules, like MP2 rules, when it's impossible to become an MP2? For the few cases of MP2 appearing again, people do what they were told, and sometimes talk about different approaches and see if something should be done in a different way in the future.

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1324993958' post='98773']
There are a lot of rules that never apply to anybody, yet exist. What's the point of cluttering the rules page with even more special rules, like MP2 rules, when it's impossible to become an MP2? For the few cases of MP2 appearing again, people do what they were told, and sometimes talk about different approaches and see if something should be done in a different way in the future.
[/quote]

The point of filling up the page with even special rules is to prevent innocent victims and honest mistakes. You admit yourself there are a lot of rules that never apply to anybody but yet exists, if perhaps one day a person breaks one of these rules without being able to be fully aware of the rule, I would say that would lead to an unjust punishment if a punishment is decided.
In regards to this point however, I specifically noted that rules should be set and not sought, this does not; in turn, mean that it is needed on the rules page, if a rule exists, then it should be somewhere relatively available rather than have the community ask for its existence.

In my opinion, we should not neglect the small minority as they still are part of this community, especially when some of these special rules can be easily written down; it does seem like an accomplish-able task. With that said though, I will agree that not all rules can be noted. I can honestly say that if the rules page was layered out better and had a bit more information then perhaps some of the past incidents would not have occured (A striking example of this would be incident revolving King Yrith and Mighty Pirate). Without any form of access to the rule without asking, one of the largest faults right now that resides on the rules page is this:
[quote name='Rules and restrictions'][list]
[*]You are free to do anything in the game that is tehnicaly allowed. If you consider that you discovered some sort of exploit or a bug, report it to a moderator.
[/list]
[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote]
[b]The Council Speaks:[/b]

Mp2 stage is allowed inside GG. If the player is found outside GG we will be banning the account as we have. We spoke with Mur on this matter and he advised us that if MP2 accounts are found outside GG they should be permantly locked. Any MP2's found outside GG will have this done to them.

Your "Friends" MP2 will not be allowed to continue as it has been caught outside GG too many times. As for you posting on the topic that no one informed you, We pmed you saying you should not be outside GG. We banned you so that you might have a chance of being unbanned and returned to GG at a later date, but you just jumped to GG and ran off.

Your friend is welcome to create another account, but MP2 status will not be given back to that account, or any account. Mur is clear enough on that point.

Please post this on the thread you created.[/quote]

Thank you Council for Clarifying. After deduction, my friend's last jump out of jail to celebrate Christmas would have been the biggest crime (even in the most jolly-est of seasons). I would also like to personally thank those who were involved.