A bit of negativity during Christmas?

Deatznce0

Hello there everyone!

Unfortunately, an issue has arose between someone with Jail powers and one of my friends, they do not access the forum so hence I will speak on behalf of them. However, following a topic started by pathos a while back, most of the community decided to hold off any problems and negativity until after the new year so I would like to ask the community whether they would like to preferably know about the issue now or perhaps save it till the new year?

Thanks everyone.

Also in conjunction: Merry Christmas to all!

EDIT TO INCLUDE DETAILS:

I'll leave this in dot points to make it more easily readable, this concerns my friend's MP2 account: Sylv Arculis[list]
[*]My friend created an MP2 account a long time ago.
[*]If I recall correctly she was one of the lucky ones to create one during the second phase meaning she was allowed to roam the main island (that is off GG)
[*]After taking a long break, she started playing again 3 months ago.
[*]Almost within a week of her playing, she was sent to GG a first time.
[*]She was told that MP2s were not allowed to leave GG (although she has never been)
[*]I checked on the rules and the forums and asked a few LHOs for her but had no luck finding out if this was true nor why.
[*]After some time, she logged in one day and she was in the GoE. (Randomly teleported)
[*]She was later sent to GG a second time. (Randomly teleported)
[*]This time she asked the LHOs but the answers were the same.
[*]Later (about a month ago), after experimenting with some items she woke up finding herself in the GoE again.
[*]A Christmas event portal to Necro was opened and she decided to use it.
[*]She walked back from Necro but became was stuck in the paper cabin.
[*]She asked a few LHOs to see if they could teleport her either back to the GoE or GG (As she was confused as to where she was allowed to go)
[*]She later woke up in Jail with the reason: MP2 outside of GG.
[*]Still wanting to join the Christmas events she took a public portal to the GoE.
[*]Today she woke up banned:

You have been banned from this game. Message contact@magicduel.com for complains, make sure to include a very good reason to your actions.

REASON: mp2 outside GG.
[/list]
I find this completely unfair against her as she was teleported randomly four times out of her will and she was sent to jail and banned because of it. The other thing I found unusual is that there is no rule listed anywhere about MP2s. (I've checked the rules page, the forum and even the announcements and the best that I've learned is that they're a disabled Mind Power but nothing else.)

Although enough about my own personal spiel, what do you think MD community?

Edited by Deatznce0

BFH, Grido, ShadowSeeker, Chewy and Fyrd, although this event may have been unfair (or at least through our perspective), this can honestly wait, due to a public portal from yesterday to the GoE, she is currently out of Jail and enjoying Christmas with everyone.

EDIT: And she is now banned.

Due the community's feedback I shall edit my first post leaving details. Thanks everyone.

Also: I'd like to give a clap and a hug to those who made Christmas events this year! Thank you guys, you did great.

Edited by Deatznce0

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]If the issue simply was that she's an MP2, she could have battled through to MP3. If she was stuck at MP2 and couldn't move to MP3, she needed to contact Grido to see about moving to the next level. If this was the only issue, she should not have been banned.[/font][/color]

I'm not sure if that was the issue but she did not want to move to MP3 rather she much enjoyed playing with illusions. The reason for her ban seems questionable based on the events she endured in my opinion. (That is if there even is such a rule that MP2s are unable to roam around the realm by which I have found none so far.)

MP2 rules are a mess.
They weren't allowed out of GG for a long while, then they were, then they weren't again.
Some unforeseen issues arose with those accounts here and there.

For the moment, nobody wants them, at all. They shouldn't turn up outside of Golemus, but we don't want them inside, either :))

My last information was that Yrth, back then in his role as king, was granted a key to mp3-spell again to turn every mp2 into 3 on sight, then treat them like any other player. MP2 aren't supposed to exist. :ph34r:

• Root Admin

The Mp3 give key spell doesnt make mp2's mp3 Burns.

There is two solutions, mail council or mur and get the character unbanned and a mp3. Or leave it. The rules are not going to be changed, and to be perfectly honest iv seen that account around MB more often than iv seen some players (ledah come back :P)

As for "randomly appearing at GoE" I personally feel thats Rubbish since only a few have the power to GoE people who knows of that account? If its in GG few if any would nice it amoung all the aramors.

Funny how "randomly appearing at GoE" is actually the honest truth, my friend had to deal with waking up being teleported everywhere but it did happen. (Unfortunately it is unknown who did it, perhaps dst may have more of a clue?)

We shall ask advice from the council first and if that fails, inquire Mur himself. I don't believe she has done anything wrong by just "existing" and nor do I think she should be banned or punished by the actions of another.

Falsh, she/he/whatever is your alt. Perfect IP match. If he/she/it happens to be a separate person who plays on the same computer..tough luck. There are others in the same situation.

Now, few things I would like to say:
- I reported the mp2 a long time ago when i spotted it outside GG
- I NEVER teleported it to goe. It's a waste of spells to do it
-I reported it again when I saw your post on the mood pannel - guess justice was served and it got what it should have in the first place since apparently (according to your sayings) it was offered several time the oportunity to do something about its status.

Clearer now? And happier?

dst, now that I've read the my post back, I suppose that it can be considered that I might have been shifting the blame to you, I apologise but I mentioned your name in particular because I was sure that you would have access to the teleportation spell logs. I am not blaming you nor anyone else, what I am noting is two things:

First, there are NO RULES AVAILABLE based on why MP2s should not be allowed to roam freely, if there are no rules surrounding this then why on earth should my friend be punished?
Second: The teleportations were done by an ANONYMOUS PERSON, neither my friend nor anyone else knows who teleported her on and off GG.

Now here's why we shout unfairness (I apologise for the repetition but it is to clarify for those that still do not understand what i'm emphasising);[list]
[*]There are no rules regarding the limitations of MP2 and so by another rule, she's technically allowed to do as she pleases.
[*]Even If there is such a rule that MP2s are not allowed off GG, she could have done nothing as she was forcibly moved each time (twice off GG and twice back on).
[/list]

And as for your remaining queries or comments that I can clarify; dst:

I've made clear on other separate posts that I live in a college, there are people who of course unfortunately share the computer with me and therefore the alt restriction applies. We have not engaged in any alt abuse and this has nothing to do with my own account so I don't think this is necessarily relevant.

If it is tough luck how this has come to this then we're willing to fight out this injustice.

EDIT: Chewett and Burns, surprisingly you two made me laugh!

Edited by Deatznce0

Am I the only one to know that mp2s are NOT allowed to main lands?

Now, let's take them one by one:

[quote]There are no rules regarding the limitations of MP2 and so by another rule, she's technically allowed to do as she pleases.[/quote]
Yes, there is a rule. Mur forbid all mp2s to exit GG because of the way they were abused. And it's not jail time but direct ban.

[quote]Even If there is such a rule that MP2s are not allowed off GG, she could have done nothing as she was forcibly moved each time [/quote]
She was warned that mp2s are NOT allowed leave GG, If she cared so much for her own safety, she would have said something (I am sure there are ways she can express herself).

The LHOs who said they have no idea about such rule should be decapitated (Greedo you should lose an ear too for not teaching those guys all the rules :P).

Now, be honest: you are old enough to know that the mp2s have been banned. You were a GGG user and you know what happened when we discovered mp2s can fight any level. This is also the reason why mp2s are not allowed outside.

[quote]I've made clear on other separate posts that I live in a college, there are people who of course unfortunately share the computer with me and therefore the alt restriction applies.[/quote]
And I said that there are others in the same situation (myself included). The best example are Sage and Windy (so you'll not say that I have an advantage because Mur knows both me and No one).

So sorry for your friend but she has to decide: mp2 only in GG or mp3 roaming free with no restrictions.

• Root Admin

mp2 testing/experiment ended ages ago. ALL MP2 are to be locked on spot. not even jail , i mean account lock permanently. To allow a certain level of 'unexpected' this wasn't done by a mass db update but it to be done manually each time an mp2 is seen. Simple as that. nothing new.

p.s. mp2 in gg, for those that have access over a bot account, thats something else, they should stay in gg, but wont get locked. From what i know there is just one such account so i bet its not the case.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1324826617' post='98549']
Am I the only one to know that mp2s are NOT allowed to main lands?

Now, let's take them one by one:

Yes, there is a rule. Mur forbid all mp2s to exit GG because of the way they were abused. And it's not jail time but direct ban.

She was warned that mp2s are NOT allowed leave GG, If she cared so much for her own safety, she would have said something (I am sure there are ways she can express herself).

The LHOs who said they have no idea about such rule should be decapitated (Greedo you should lose an ear too for not teaching those guys all the rules :P).

Now, be honest: you are old enough to know that the mp2s have been banned. You were a GGG user and you know what happened when we discovered mp2s can fight any level. This is also the reason why mp2s are not allowed outside.

And I said that there are others in the same situation (myself included). The best example are Sage and Windy (so you'll not say that I have an advantage because Mur knows both me and No one).

So sorry for your friend but she has to decide: mp2 only in GG or mp3 roaming free with no restrictions.
[/quote]

She decided to roam wherever was available for her, when she was removed from GG it confused us even more since she thought she was allowed out, I spoke out many times in MB asking people for rules but even i went confused. Nobody had answers. I may have been a GGG user at one point but that was much long ago and I was unfortunately mostly inactive. She on the other hand has never been. Thank you for your input and clarifications dst.
[quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1324833151' post='98558']
mp2 testing/experiment ended ages ago. ALL MP2 are to be locked on spot. not even jail , i mean account lock permanently. To allow a certain level of 'unexpected' this wasn't done by a mass db update but it to be done manually each time an mp2 is seen. Simple as that. nothing new.

p.s. mp2 in gg, for those that have access over a bot account, thats something else, they should stay in gg, but wont get locked. From what i know there is just one such account so i bet its not the case.
[/quote]

Then why is there no visible rule? I have asked many times but was left with nothing more than uncertainties. If an honest person with honest intentions can be punished by a rule which does not seemingly exist, then how is that even fair? Even so, (using the available rule) to be teleported out of the only place she was "[i]supposedly[/i]" allowed forcibly out of her will twice. Sorry Mur, if you can accept this kind of injustice then this realm has no place for me.

• Root Admin

I myself have contacted your friend on more than one occasion, saying she is not allowed to be outside, yet numerous times i have seen her roaming around MB. Each time PM's i have sent have been completely ignored, read but not answered.

I have been told that there never were any PMs, the only message in her message box was by Kyphis and the reason for this was because she had befriended him while borrowing my account for a few days. Are you sure that this is the same MP2 Chewett? The messages were never received.

Other than that, she has no power to enter back to GG once exiled. She lacks the connections for other people to send her back, she does not have enough AP to venture through MDA and she has no access to the main gates as she cannot walk down from the GoE. Adding up with this, the only few times that she was sent back into GG, she was also immediately removed and placed back into the GoE.

Edited by Deatznce0

[quote name='Deatznce0' timestamp='1324910513' post='98651']
She lacks the connections for other people to send her back.
[/quote]

As I see things.

She did not needed any connections.

For such cases your friend could had used:
[list]
[*]Forums
[*]Contacting an LHO
[*]Contacting council.
[/list]
Note: There are emails and phones in our homepage, accessible to EVERYONE.

[quote name='Atrumist' timestamp='1324911524' post='98652']
Why don't you end this drama, give that account mp3 status and unban her? So will see if there is an alt abuse after.
[/quote]

I've mentioned this before but she enjoyed playing with illusions? She does have an MP3 alt herself but she treasures this character much more. Alt abuse has nothing to with this issue. There is no drama behind this but rather; as we see it, a mistake resulting in an innocent honest player banned.
[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1324911695' post='98653']

As I see things.

She did not needed any connections.

For such cases your friend could had used:[list]
[*]Forums
[*]Contacting an LHO
[*]Contacting council.
[/list]
Note: There are emails and phones in our homepage, accessible to EVERYONE.
[/quote]

BFH and ShadowSeeker, you both mentioned forums, LHOs and the council: Other than the council itself (as she did not see the need to bother them over a minor issue), she did use the LHOs and the forum. Her attempts were followed by a refusal of the LHOs teleporting her (whether it be to GG or the GoE) and later when asked about the rule regarding it, they would often not clarify. (she notes to me in particular that when she asked why she was teleported off GG the first time, she got NO ANSWERS which added to the confusion of whether the rule actually exists or not.)

• Root Admin

You said yourself she used the forum, yet has no forum account? This is rather magical, How did she do so?

As for the LHO's, any lho worth his salt should have known this.

If she had used the forum, i would have posted telling her exactly, and since i have not EVER seen a mp2 post on the forum regarding what MP2 players are allowed to do, i can only work out you have remembered wrong.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1324914416' post='98661']
You said yourself she used the forum, yet has no forum account? This is rather magical, How did she do so?

As for the LHO's, any lho worth his salt should have known this.

If she had used the forum, i would have posted telling her exactly, and since i have not EVER seen a mp2 post on the forum regarding what MP2 players are allowed to do, i can only work out you have remembered wrong.
[/quote]

Rather magical? She has never posted on the forum herself? She generally used mine to scavenge information after you yourself pruned her forum account. (We've discussed multiple forum accounts and the reason you erased it, remember?)

Because the rule was never written down on an accessible place and when she asked why she was outside of GG nobody gave her an answer, she became confused. None of your messages nor warnings were ever received Chewett, if they were, she assures me that she would have contacted you for trip back to GG but it did not.