Retired King abusing power he no longer should have

Peace

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1325506420' post='99369']
First how little you know before asking such questions tut tut tut
it again is kiley is just as guilty for lack of diplomacy as you say.
As a land leader you have the right to run your alliance as you wish but when it come to matter of the LAND you don't have the right to decided by yourself.
it is that simple.
[/quote]
Kiley has been nothing but polite and respectful in this matter and all others I have seen her involved in, which is a feat, considering the nature of the forum. From what I can tell, you think you can't have possibly done something wrong, so I see little point to continued discussion.

A split seems clear between older and younger members of Golemus. Perhaps GG should try to take a page from the Lorerootian book and talk about your problems amongst yourselves, so you can at least appear cohesive.

history tells of who is land leader.
come on people the golemus civil war?

so that in turn make ALL alliance leaders land leaders.
simple. the only difference is the GG alliance where there are 3 members in charge.
so from that i am sure you can all figure it out.

Yes kiley has been nothing but polite and that is great.

Edited by Yrthilian

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1325506420' post='99369']

But it is also expect that she will not bring in someone into the land that is a know hostile
[/quote]
I have stated repeatedly, in public and to you Yrth and Grido in private, that I personally have no hostile intentions towards Golemus what so ever.

Also you yrth told me you requested the council to unban me (unless I misunderstood your pm to me)
Grido told me he would unban me on new years day if I was still in jail by then. As of this moment I am still jailed.
Now we know the council takes it's time with what they do that's fine. But Grido didn't even reply to my question why he didn't make good on his word.
Aside from any issues about use or misuse of power. Is this diplomacy? Is this the integrity of a Golemus land leader?

Edited by Azull

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1325514197' post='99383']
history tells of who is land leader.
come on people the golemus civil war?

so that in turn make ALL alliance leaders land leaders.
simple. the only difference is the GG alliance where there are 3 members in charge.
so from that i am sure you can all figure it out.

Yes kiley has been nothing but polite and that is great.
[/quote]
Huh? I thought there was a triumvirate or something? Just 3 person?
So is the land leaders actually all alliance leaders? Including the person who invited someone who got jailed for accepting that alliance invitation?

[quote name='Azull' timestamp='1325515508' post='99386']
I have stated repeatedly, in public and to you Yrth and Grido in private, that I personally have no hostile intentions towards Golemus what so ever.

Also you yrth told me you requested the council to unban me (unless I misunderstood your pm to me)
Grido told me he would unban me on new years day if I was still in jail by then. As of this moment I am still jailed.
Now we know the council takes it's time with what they do that's fine. But Grido didn't even reply to my question why he didn't make good on his word.
Aside from any issues about use or misuse of power. Is this diplomacy? Is this the integrity of a Golemus land leader?
[/quote]

As i said repeatedly you are necrovian. This is not me saying YOU are the bad guy i am saying the long standing rule is your allegiance
to necrovian is what causes the issue. just because you didn't have the citizenship because of getting kicked from your alliance does not mean you are not seen as
necrovian. it is a mechanic that make you not a citizen. It is a mechanic i asked to be changed but has never been done.

again you say about diplomacy just speaking or as has been said many time declaring you are doing something in a different land without communication with all
the land leaders is where the break down happened. Is this how you proceed with diplomacy?? send a deceleration and say i asked??
the main underlining issue is communication on all sides. ether way what has happened has happened.

yes i did ask for you to be unban/unjailed as to why Grido did not keep to his word
have you considered he was told not to?? i can not speak for him but that would be the first thing i would have thought to be the issue

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1325520682' post='99392']
Huh? I thought there was a triumvirate or something? Just 3 person?
So is the land leaders actually all alliance leaders? Including the person who invited someone who got jailed for accepting that alliance invitation?
[/quote]

they have the same stance as i do. or at least that was my understanding. the leaders of alliance run their alliances as they wish as long as it does not affect
the land directly. players assume they know how the land is ruled. don't assume and speak with the alliances and stop trying to undermine something on the forum
or if you "really want to know" make a separate topic on it and not high jack this one.

Edited by Yrthilian

[quote]Ann. 1519 - [2010-06-08 11:56:01 - Stage 10]
Excommunication period and asylum
An unforeseen aspect of the king jailing ability was the jail time. I hereby put the default jail time for being jailed by your king to a period of two weeks. In special cases kings may negotiate this time with me , but only for good reasons on rare occasions. If someone gets out of jail sooner than he should (escapes) , his penalty will be increased to a lot more and if he does it again he received a permanent IP ban. Careful how a small penalty can turn into a much bigger one, jail is jail, not a tourist attraction.

Note: This update was made to clear the situation of Princ Rhaegar that got out of jail as soon as he was placed in. I will move him back without any aditional penalty because this matter was not very clear yesterday, but make sure it won't happen again

Note 2: To solve the matter of rebellion and prevent kings from silencing people on political reasons by putting them to jail, a jailed player can do his jail time outside the jail if an other king grants him political asylum and support for his cause for a limited time.[/quote]

Just remembered to post this since Azull seems to believe the ban was indefinite.

Edited by Shadowseeker

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1325526684' post='99398']
they have the same stance as i do. or at least that was my understanding. the leaders of alliance run their alliances as they wish as long as it does not affect
the land directly. players assume they know how the land is ruled. don't assume and speak with the alliances and stop trying to undermine something on the forum
or if you "really want to know" make a separate topic on it and not high jack this one.
[/quote]
Hijack?
Unless you forget, you told people to look around in old topics and figure out stuff about golemus, which is why I asked.
You said to look at the civil war, and the only thing that came in mind was the formation of the triumvirate. LK and Fusioneers didn't even exist then, and I don't recall the Order being involved in the war either. I can't remember clearly if the MRs was involved, but my memory says they didn't. That's why I had to ask again, since this is news to me that they are part of the ruling land leaders as well. You say don't assume, hence I ask, and what I get is "hijack?"

Undermine?
Since you don't seem to be able to understand the critique/advice implied in the last part of my post, let me spell it out for you.
You say all alliance leaders are land leaders, which means you're all in equal position. One of your council members invited a person to her alliance and you banned that person when all he did was accept the invitation. It would've been in the land's best interest if you had talked internally between your leaders instead of taking drastic measures such as what happened. Instead of showing cohesion within the highest ranks of your leaders, you show internal breakup, where one leader's decision can be overturned using such harsh measures without prior consultation. If Kiley's action was unacceptable to you, you could've asked her to ask Azull to leave, or if needed, kick him out of the alliance.
How much would it hurt to do that? At worse Azull would gain what.. 2-3 extra land loyalty depending on how long it took for you to meet? Not to mention that (according to your post) Azull had been in the alliance a week before you guys took action. Why not use the week to contact Azull or Kiley to ask him to leave until a decision has been made? Even if you're on a holiday surely the other land leaders can do it (unless it's been done and Azull/Kiley refused to cooperate, in which I apologize). Instead of doing a rash thing that has lead to so much commotion and showing internal cohesion problems, it would've been better for the land if more diplomacy and tact were used. If Kiley was not part of the land leaders, just an alliance leader, then what you did would be more acceptable. But this way you risk creating an image that Golemus leaders can't communicate well together, which would raise questions if they would be able to work well together for the good of the land.

Edited by Udgard