Ajax error?

death ray

• 2 years later...

I get Ajax errors all the time now whereas (I did not used to).  You want to see an example of some?

<magicduel.com>

Error: TypeError
Err description: undefined
Err number: undefined
Err message: Cannot convert 'erolin' to object

Ajax response: 

erolin.SetVariable("heat","0");			//debug sound	
			//var sounds = document.getElementById('sounds');
			//sounds.TGotoLabel('_level0','chatmsg');

try{
	parent.textArray = new Array;

//alert('test');

}catch(err){
			var errtxt = "Error: "+err.name + "\nErr description: " + err.description+ "\nErr number: " + err.number+ "\nErr message: " + err.message; 
			alert(errtxt);

Error: TypeError
Err description: undefined
Err number: undefined
Err message: Result of expression 'erolin.SetVariable' [undefined] is not a function.

Ajax response: 

erolin.SetVariable("heat","0");			//debug sound	
			//var sounds = document.getElementById('sounds');
			//sounds.TGotoLabel('_level0','chatmsg');

try{
	parent.textArray = new Array;

//alert('test');

}catch(err){
			var errtxt = "Error: "+err.name + "\nErr description: " + err.description+ "\nErr number: " + err.number+ "\nErr message: " + err.message; 
			alert(errtxt);	
		}
http://uploadpie.com/EMIYQ

http://uploadpie.com/FMvMz

http://uploadpie.com/C1N2o

Thats an issue with your flash, have you tried reloading the page.

That will pop up when it tries to talk to the flash on the page and fails.

It may well be from a flash error because of the version of Lion that I am running on (10.4.11) but that is not something that is going to change from an update or get better through a patch.

I never did have these problems before though when Mozilla upgraded again from the last time.  It really has become crippling to play in the game or even to have the MD tab open because it will high-jack over even from other open tabs each time ajax wants to display the pop-up script?

Edited by Ars Alchemy

• Root Admin

It may well be from a flash error because of the version of Lion that I am running on (10.4.11) but that is not something that is going to change from an update or get better through a patch.

I never did have these problems before though when Mozilla upgraded again from the last time.  It really has become crippling to play in the game or even to have the MD tab open because it will high-jack over even from other open tabs each time ajax wants to display the pop-up script?

Those errors pop up when flash stops responding. Over the weekend I can try and look into coding it so that it just fails silently, but thats probably not a good idea since you will then question why nothing works. Or recoding it to reconnect to the flash object or do some wookie magic.

The problem is, is that I dont have a mac to test it on and all the ones at work are upgraded to the latest version because of the work we do needs the latest stuff.

Furthermore I wont be getting a mac anytime soon to then have a testbench. I will look into what I can do but with nothing to test and replicate the error it its quite hard. I have a couple ideas to kill flash and then debug that but your OS not permitting upgrades is poor and I really dislike apple for them doing things like that.