Land Loyalty for Items - Ideas, Suggestions

Chewett

• Root Admin

[quote name='Shemhazaj' timestamp='1331625393' post='106477']
[color=#808080][i]so is the Needle only for MB citizens now?[/i][/color]
[/quote]

that would be entirely stupid even if i were to benefit from said arrangement lol

I also noticed the associated "Pass papers" are land-loyalty locked, at 150.

To me, this somewhat defeats the purpose of the Pass Papers, as being a way for folks to visit the lands without king-summon type spells (since they require someone to grab them from inside that Land to begin with).
Perhaps I am wrong in the presumed "use" of the Pass Papers though. I would have assumed being a citizen of a land already implied you were more familiar with that land and could wander it more freely. I viewed the papers as a nice way for citizens to offer new friends a tour.

Because the land was closed Necrovion items have been scattered all around the realm.
[quote][color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 2019 - [2011-09-21 03:15:59 - Stage 11][/color]
Because Necrovion is closed, some of the shared items that were supposed to be available for this land will be scattered in the other lands. When/if Necrovion will be reopened, these items will be moved there. This is why some of the items that you will see will sometimes not really fit with the "theme" of the land they are in.[/quote]
The needle probably is one of those.

The pass papers restriction makes perfect sense to me, it allows the people who have been in the land for a while to invite others in temporarily, just like the king spells could.

If the people could go into the land anyways, they'd need no pass papers to start with, right?
This way, they papers don't get taken by newbies and alts so easily. For example, the Golemus pass papers were constantly gone, and given to random people who then got stuck inside the gates. I hope that's going to be better from now on <.<

The new ones shall ask an ancient one to get access to the land.

When i joined, one year ago, I had no choice to enter a land but to be able to do it on my own, either through the maze or by beating the Loreroot guards. Only option to get to necrovion was to ask a favour from the king (before trying my luck as MP5).

Today the new comer can get access to any of the main land by making friend with a citizen from that land (not only the king) that would pass him a Pass paper. He can still beat the loreroot guards and pass the pmaze (although viscosity makes it harder now). It is way more flexible than it was. I don't think they would complain.

I missed the regeneration today. Are the herbs basket and MDA buckets associated with land loyalty?

[quote name='Passant the Weak' timestamp='1331656488' post='106501']
I missed the regeneration today. Are the herbs basket and MDA buckets associated with land loyalty?
[/quote]

At least with the herbs baskets, I believe they require no land loyalty (A requirement of zero). It may be 10, but I am pretty sure it is zero.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Buckets were like axes and saws when I saw them.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I'm a bit disappointed that dice and baskets are seen as equal in loyalty. They aren't the same type of thing.[/font][/color]

If herbs baskets & buckets get land loyalty requirement ... then candy boxes should have some.
I dind't check when I took mine last time.

By the way, I am pretty sure that I want a herb basket and a bucket from time to time. So, if I cannot take them , then you should not take candy boxes.

PS: I vote this "item requirement" for first place in "worst idea ever"

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]You have to have 60 MB loyalty to get a bucket.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Baskets are 0 loyalty.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]It isn't that I don't want anybody to have baskets. It's that a resource gathering tool is ranked at the same level as a toy in another land. It seems off balanced to me.[/font][/color]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]:) interesting argument you have here... more loyalty, less loyalty, loyalty at all... [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]the first ones to meet all such requirements will be the abusers/depletors one way or another as they're mostly interested, highly "equipped", and the rules are the same for all.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]it doesn't even matter if they will be first, or second, or third - they will do this. taking bets if any...[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]now tell me... what is the difference if a tool has 0 loyalty requirement, or 1000 if there's nothing to use it on?[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]the only difference from now will be that newer players once again will get the short end of the stick *shrugs*[/font][/size]

[quote name='Mya Celestia' timestamp='1331756334' post='106572']
[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]It isn't that I don't want anybody to have baskets. It's that a resource gathering tool is ranked at the same level as a toy in another land. It seems off balanced to me.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Back when Mur asked people to submit herb suggestions, he stated that herbs were meant to be available to anybody (will attempt to find a link). Plus if baskets are given a Lorerootian loyalty restriction (I am assuming that is what you'd suggest, as they are located in Loreroot), then I would argue that tea cups, tea pots and tea recipe books should be given Tribunal loyalty restriction (I'm assuming that they do not have restrictions, but I have not actually checked), as they are located in the Tribunal. How useful does that make herbs if you don't have Tribunal citizenship/Tribunal friends? The common link between these items, and the reason they are unrestricted, is that they are meant to be available to anybody who shows up to grab them.

The fact that the dice are "toys" doesn't make them less useful than herb baskets, either: they are just used differently. Dice can be used for quests, decisions, games, and most likely some other things that I'm too unimaginative to think of.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Let's make the baskets truly accessable to everybody and put them where everybody can get them. Putting the in Loreroot already restricts them. Set them at a fixed amount of uses so everybody gets a chance to go test the teapot or get flowers or plot to poison everybody around them with a poisonous herb.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]While Mya is Lorerootian, I speak in the forum as a regular person. Please do not assume I am going on some sort of Lorerootian rant or whatever you want to call it. If I honestly think something is off balance or unjust, I say so. I'm really just trying to help.[/font][/color]

Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never used them before, but I thought the pass papers are only usable for those that held and used them. If thats the case, the loreroot pass papers have no use because they require land loyalty and they are non transferable.

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1331879620' post='106695']
Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never used them before, but I thought the pass papers are only usable for those that held and used them. If thats the case, the loreroot pass papers have no use because they require land loyalty and they are non transferable.
[/quote]

I've said it in another thread, but apparently you didn't read the response to your arguments...
Not transferable means that they can't be dropped in the pockets of people. They can STILL be transfered be ITC.

[quote]Anyway why not add the restictions the other way so that they can't be taken if you have certain land loyality or if you have more than 2 diffrent loyalities.[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]that'd mean people with turbulent past get no chances od ever being able to use tools, and since now there's No Mans Land loyalty points it'd actually mean all non vets...[/i][/color]

[color=#808080][i]instead what might work better if the idea was to penalize people who change loyalties is:[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]1. what counts is the difference between the highest and next highest loyalty (let's say you have 100 Necro loyalty and 130 East loyalty - the system takes you have 30 East loyalty). But in that idea No Mans is a problem again. or[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]2. only the current land loyalty (defined by citizenship ) counts when the other land loyalties are 'inactive'[/i][/color]

Altho i was mostly ironic i must point out that no mans + one other is not more than 2 ;)

But some penalty for having to many land loyalties would be nice. Just some items or if you have more then 4 different loyalties...

Edited by Miq