Place(s) without Skill DMG?

Now, this is a new idea :)

I was about to contact [color=#ff0000]Mur [/color]directly, but maybe bothering him with such things is [u]the[/u] bad idea :huh:

Here it is: in order to bring most of the population back at MD, a place could be made so skill dmg won't apply there. Or whichever place the community thinks is better.

Now, lately I do fight less and Idle more, but when RL comes into play then I get much less time to spent here. And this time gets more lonely everyday. I am not keen on switching countries just to improve that :D
I am really missing many old folks there :(

I am making this suggestion from the [b]point of view and gain[/b] new players might have, not from any personal matter. If more skilled fighters are drawn to MDP for example, my guess is more newcomers would get the chance to learn new things. And with more information the hunger for it grows. :cool:

Another plus is that we all will know where one place for grinding ( or even meeting others :D) would be, and it will be easier.

Right now I see mostly MP3s and MP4s there, with MP5 hunting for herbs, idling in sanctuaries or else.

We are missing some of the old flavor MD has.

Again, just thinking out loud. I have nothing against Skill DMG, only for some side effects that came after it.

All opinions welcomed ^_^

You want an area where people can mindlessly combo grind their brains out while in near absolute safety. Yeah, I don't see that happening. Mur gave skilldamage as a reward for a reason. Mur also thinks what I do with my skilldamage is a good thing. If you want to train without fear of my skilldamage, do what another group is currently doing. Hide from me in the labyrinth. What? You miss out on social interaction with other members of MD? Too bad, hide and train, or be social, it's your decision.

Yet again, another thread that will give false hope to the weak, lazy and stupid population of MD.

"Thats a hell of a lot of Mur says Eon..."

"You want an area where people can mindlessly combo grind their brains out while in near absolute safety. Yeah, I don't see that happening. Mur gave skilldamage as a reward for a reason. [b]Mur also thinks what I do with my skilldamage is a good thing.[/b] If you want to train without fear of my skilldamage, do what another group is currently doing. Hide from me in the labyrinth. What? You miss out on social interaction with other members of MD? Too bad, hide and train, or be social, it's your decision.

Yet again, another thread that will give false hope to the weak, lazy and stupid population of MD."

If you say so.

Edited by Eon

I have to agree with your overall points Eon, in that Skilldamage is good.

However, I think what Chewett may have been implying is that "it's a good thing" is a rather broad statement.
It could potentially (if I'm being mean and creative) be read as:
Mur thinks skilldamage is good for some folks to have and use the way they do.
Mur thinks driving people into sanctuaries is a good thing.
Mur thinks people complaining about Eon/Skilldamage and reducing their playtime is good.

Note, I'm not claiming Mur said these things. I'm pointing out that there are a lot of things that a sneaky lawyer-type might be able to claim in such an open phrase, and I know there's some folks who hold a grudge aginst you or skilldamage in general. I'd hate to see a valid argument broken down into flame wars over a technicality.

As FireStarter says, I don't mind the stat damage. Grab two friends and it's recovered pretty darn quickly, after all.
The general suggestino of a pseudo-sanctuary? I would vote that down pretty strongly, but was an interesting suggestion to propose.

"In my opinion, eon did probably the best favor to the md community any fighter ever did. I am still waiting for a quester to balance his actions on the other side."

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10966-teamwork-controversy-with-a-little-eon-around-the-corners/page__hl__%20skill%20%20damage"]http://magicduel.inv..._ skill damage[/url]

"i am [u]seriously [/u]thinking to quadruple eons stat damage to the point that he will be able to null anyone stats within a week. In my opinion, eon did probably the best favor to the md community any fighter ever did. I am still waiting for a quester to balance his actions on the other side. In his way he makes you reach an absurd situation , a situation where you might finally realise that MD is not just about fighting and getting stats. If after eon 'period', all players that are blindly obsessed about their stats and run in panic from statdamage will go bye bye, it means that only those that put more focus on other aspects of MD will remain. I am refering to things that make you think, that create activities, that stimulate creativity. For example, trying to draw the level 2 grasan was anyhow affected by eon? Raising resource producting creatures will anyhow affected by eon? Eon hits in your fear and in some cases in your ego, [b]he is not ruining md, YOU are[/b] through your reactions.

What happens with eon is a phenomenon that happens very often in rl. Now stay still a second and look at the big picture. A large majority of md population is crying and pointing the finger at eon 'destroying the game'. Even if you are so many, you are incapable of doing two things. One thing is to realise that what eon 'affects' just a fraction of what you should care about in md, and the other, most important thing you fail to see is that you are so united when it comes to complaining together but you are not so united anymore when it comes to solve the issue yourself.

90% of the upcomming features will depend on team work, those that can't understand team work doen't mean "team complaining" but "team actions" are free to go, later it will be more frustrating trust me.

You are risking a couple of stats for this "lesson" I am risking my lifes work for it.

Oh and btw... its almost offending to talk about things you didnt care to find more about, but you talk as if you know. THE NEEDLE NEEDS A MINIMUM OF 3 PEOPLE TO OPERATE. If 3 people is too much teamwork requirement, then what is?

Fact is, you either learn something out of this, learn to DO something in this situation, not just "learn" a philosophical thing, or you better start quitting now.
I will soon provide a 'delete account' link for anyone asking for it, if things go this way, so you wont lose time waiting for my email replies.

[size=2]..You compared again md with other games, or what other game companies do in similar cases. Well, again i tell you md is not a game, myself am not 'a company', but a very crazy person with a very sane mind that plays with, and against, all of you through your characters. Any other game company aims to survive, to get more money, thats why any game company would not know the notions i respect and would simply aim to please. Conceptually speaking MD is far more pure and true than any other game out there, simply because I am incorruptible by money or by the fear of displeased players. I am offering all of you something from all my heart, i expect at least you shut up if you can;t see it, and not make comments of that sort."[/size]

You can lower my skilldamage stat with the needle. Try working together, you guy's once got it very low.

Edited by Eon

False hope? Grinding area? Oh, Mur, what have I brought to my head... I was thinking that the things I said had totally different meaning...

I used the word "grinding" in a sarcastic way, mostly to draw attention. Certainly not that kind of attention...

Since the time I am here I can say that if some want to grind, they choose their special place. We all know how grinding is been threatened around here, especially in public places. There are enough people and instruments to take care of that. Right now, newcomers rarely see the old legends due to their choice first to hide, then to grind.

And a BIG NOTE - I am not referring to you, Eon, I am referring in general. You weren't the first one with skill dmg. Some people has it and choose to do so before that BHC took place. In the coming months & years, more people will have it too.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1321503870' post='95995']
Even if you are so many, you are incapable of doing two things. One thing is to realise that what eon 'affects' just a fraction of what you should care about in md, and the other, most important thing you fail to see is that you are so united when it comes to complaining together but you are not so united anymore when it comes to solve the issue yourself.
[/quote]

Now, I don't want to start talking in this direction. Mur is right with this, but this is just a fact, that has deeper roots than what you're stating.

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1337179725' post='112032']
The general suggestino of a pseudo-sanctuary? I would vote that down pretty strongly, but was an interesting suggestion to propose.
[/quote]

Never thought from this point of view. Putting it like this makes it sound really bad.

Please, someone to close this thread. And then hide it, or better yet delete it.