Discussion Development Focus 155-7

Tom Pouce

[quote name='stavaroiu' timestamp='1338897857' post='113456']
Its gotten to the point that i mute all sounds from my computer when i spend my time in non-sanctuary places, and i usually very much like to hear music when i play.
[/quote]

I mute my Firefox process, so I can still hear my VLC media player going.

To do this, right-click the speaker in your tray, open volume mixer, and hit the mute button under the Firefox logo.

Still, it would be much more convenient to use an option within MD. And that would be a VERY easy thing to code.

• Root Admin

[quote name='apophys' timestamp='1338920382' post='113483']
I mute my Firefox process, so I can still hear my VLC media player going.

To do this, right-click the speaker in your tray, open volume mixer, and hit the mute button under the Firefox logo.

Still, it would be much more convenient to use an option within MD. And that would be a VERY easy thing to code.
[/quote]

This works on windows vista and above. If you are not running those then it does not work.

There may be linux/mac alternatives, but i have not looked into these.

[quote name='apophys' timestamp='1338920382' post='113483']
[/quote]

Apophys codes for MD? I know i dont, iv no clue how easy it would be, Just becuase something looks easy, doesnt mean it is, Murry has said this to me before when i was asking for "simple" bug fixes.

oh also, wut if ya have vista/7 and want to listen to youtube, ya still cant mute firefox :P

and easy thing to code for this is relative thing in this case, it is simple to add mute thingy, but problem comes if all sounds are controlled from single place or not, i think thats not the case this time

[quote name='Fenrar' timestamp='1338908863' post='113467']
3. No matter which stage we fight, we do it once.
[/quote]
So if you've done it on MP3 you can no longer do it at the other MPs. Many who win on MP3 don't even really know what they've gotten themselves into. (Yes I've seen MP3s getting asked if they want to win the contest by just staying at the GoE knowing little more than that they'll get a nice price.)
4. The ones who _could_ compete were not interested at MP4 or MP5 either. Some people won by spending too much time in idle mode... and when logging in: wow! surprise... I won a trophy!.
[/quote]
People who would otherwise win on MP3 will now have to participate at MP4, so there will be more participants at MP4.
The game will not be better because of one more MP4. There is one less MP3 that way. And how could the newbies train and melt into the realm? There are times when MDP is empty, only the "bots" are there (thank you guys for this, it is nice to have them).
[/quote]
Those that knowingly participate in HC usually are those that would move up afterwards anyway, If only because they get capped during HC. So is it better to have a player killing off newbies for their heads or hiding in some remote area, and move up to MP4 afterwards than have them move up a week earlier?

But the most important thing is that HC isn't a challenge any more because there are just to few participants to fit 12 spots.

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1338929875' post='113518']
So if you've done it on MP3 you can no longer do it at the other MPs. Many who win on MP3 don't even really know what they've gotten themselves into. (Yes I've seen MP3s getting asked if they want to win the contest by just staying at the GoE knowing little more than that they'll get a nice price.)

People who would otherwise win on MP3 will now have to participate at MP4, so there will be more participants at MP4.

Those that knowingly participate in HC usually are those that would move up afterwards anyway, If only because they get capped during HC. So is it better to have a player killing off newbies for their heads or hiding in some remote area, and move up to MP4 afterwards than have them move up a week earlier?

But the most important thing is that HC isn't a challenge any more because there are just to few participants to fit 12 spots.
[/quote]

So if i understand instead of having a mp3 cap that is suppose to be stroonger that beat yournger mp3, it will be cap mp4 that is suppose to be stronger that beat younger mp4?
... seem to me its not a good change , remove chance on one player to chose to try at mp3 and force to do it at higher level ...

By same reasonning, remove it from mp4 .... as its capped stronger mp4 that pick on younger less strong mp4 .... force it to be only mp5 ...
then why not alltogetter remove it ... instead only keep boss head contest ... that way it will be only eon winning and no one else win

(sorry eon, i dont pick on you, but only illustrate that you are now the stronger player ... and you will probably remain at this position for a long time)

3. So if you've done it on MP3 you can no longer do it at the other MPs. Many who win on MP3 don't even really know what they've gotten themselves into. (Yes I've seen MP3s getting asked if they want to win the contest by just staying at the GoE knowing little more than that they'll get a nice price.)
[/quote]
There are winners by coincidence on higher MPs too, though I understand that is not normal, and getting more players there would reduce this "side effect"... I still think it is better to let the player decide when, why, what. From the other point of view, if there would be enough players, there would be competition at higher levels too, because some would go up without hesitation.
I understand your reasoning, but if you see from the "deeper meaning of MD" point of view, it is a nice lecture as well. You have only one shot, you have to think when you want to use it.

[/quote]
True... and people at MP3 have one less opportunity to have fun. I understand you want to see us at MP4, but this change would not increase the number of the players to remain in the realm I think.

[/quote]
There is a no and a yes. No, it is not "better" killing off newbies, giving them heat is even worse. And yes, if someone goes for win, it is better to do it before moving up. There are no rules in HC, this is the motto... well... the trophy is even for sale now, you can buy it. Ouch.

Well, we see it different, but I understand your reasoning. I think there is one thing we both agree with: this is not the main issue if we are considering how to make more people stay.

Edited by Fenrar

[quote name='Tom Pouce' timestamp='1338932062' post='113529']
So if i understand instead of having a mp3 cap that is suppose to be stroonger that beat yournger mp3, it will be cap mp4 that is suppose to be stronger that beat younger mp4?
... seem to me its not a good change , remove chance on one player to chose to try at mp3 and force to do it at higher level ...

By same reasonning, remove it from mp4 .... as its capped stronger mp4 that pick on younger less strong mp4 .... force it to be only mp5 ...

[/quote]

mp4 has no heat cap, ya can lower heat at mp4 and train endlessly

[quote] LHO, is not available to 95% of MD.[/quote]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Considering the hours I'm scheduled is at least 1/8 of the day or more, your percentage is off.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1338942742' post='113539']
LHO, is not available to 95% of MD.
[/quote]
Not at a moment's notice, no, that's the reason that the LHO button sends a PM. There are plenty of people who can answer basic questions in chat anyways. Patience is key.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1338963360' post='113561']
I believe he meant that it's an achievement reserved for LHOs, and he doesn't like that there's something you need to work to achieve, not just click the right buttons.
[/quote]

agreed, LHO is quite simple to achieve if you put work on. Like all the other achievements you commented on. But if you are too lazy to get it, well you wont get it will you?

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1338930304' post='113523']
The hints should be updated - particularly the bits about RPC's...
[/quote]
Note: I have access to edit these, but don't believe I have permission to completely change them - Just for info.

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1338942742' post='113539']
I'd like to see more achievements.

Maybe for hitting certain level of stats, for visiting certain amount of scenes, for visiting a scene a certain amount of times, ext.

And make them ALL accessible with hard work and determination.

Some, like the Spell Doc one, isn't even possible anymore.

LHO, is not available to 95% of MD.
[/quote]
Achievements are not meant to be easy to achieve, if they were, they may as well just be handed out to people.

Sometimes takes a bit of time to become LHO, but it's achievable if you make the effort, like others have said.

More achievements, yes, but they shouldn't be easy like you seem to want

• Root Admin

[quote name='Isabella Finch' timestamp='1339016659' post='113776']
It isn't overly important at all...

But I would like to find a way to divide my resources in my inventory. If I have 50 water and want to give away or trade only half of it rather than all because it is stacked... I think that could be quite useful.
[/quote]

You know that mur wrote a lot of information stating why resources shouldnt be split and such, and that its been designed as such?

Its quite possibly you dont know, and therefore i would advise you to search this information out.

[quote name='DarkRaptor' timestamp='1339017891' post='113784']
Add a "quantity" field to the transfer item option.
This quantity should also be accounted in the chat to avoid spam AND on the logs to avoid log spam.

(Nowadays the use of cauldrons ruin the availability of the log even when you have 300 records...)
[/quote]

similar as chew said above

items cant split becoz they are actually one, when ya have 50 water in inventory ya actually have 1 water that can be used 50 times :P

as for coins and such, its also designed cuz mur wanted ya folks to have a feelin how much ya give away by transfering them individually

but... about log records i agree they are flooded

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1339018452' post='113787']
similar as chew said above

items cant split becoz they are actually one, when ya have 50 water in inventory ya actually have 1 water that can be used 50 times :P

as for coins and such, its also designed cuz mur wanted ya folks to have a feelin how much ya give away by transfering them individually

but... about log records i agree they are flooded
[/quote]

Liberty i did not mean resources.. i mean items.. like Silver Coins.. gold.. etc

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1339017063' post='113779']
You know that mur wrote a lot of information stating why resources shouldnt be split and such, and that its been designed as such?

Its quite possibly you dont know, and therefore i would advise you to search this information out.
[/quote]

I did not know, but even so...

I still think it would be nice. Say I have water I can use 50 times... and someone else needs water, but they only need to use it ten times, maybe I could use a new item like... a measuring cup to allow me to give away or trade water the ten times so I still have forty uses of mine left. If that makes any sense to you.

Maybe it could even be an item to buy in the shop to be given the choice to separate things out of convenience. Maybe we could buy separate inventories to place different items in. If I had two, I could store water in one for trading, or herbs or wood and in the other store what I wouldn't want to give away or trade because I would need it for other things. Or maybe we could buy pockets for out inventories if they are like bags and we could separate things that way. There could be multiple ways to do it. And it would make things easier, especially for newer players. I have no way to collect water. I had to trade my way up to what I have now and if I use it or trade it for something I need, there is no telling when I could ever get it back again. Same with sand and wood.

It could even act like the heat rocks. They could be bottles or crates and it holds however much we put into it and once it fills or no matter how much is in it, it is one, but it is separate from the single resource because it is in a separate container..

• Root Admin

[quote name='Isabella Finch' timestamp='1339021965' post='113803']
I did not know, but even so...

I still think it would be nice. Say I have water I can use 50 times... and someone else needs water, but they only need to use it ten times, maybe I could use a new item like... a measuring cup to allow me to give away or trade water the ten times so I still have forty uses of mine left. If that makes any sense to you.

Maybe it could even be an item to buy in the shop to be given the choice to separate things out of convenience. Maybe we could buy separate inventories to place different items in. If I had two, I could store water in one for trading, or herbs or wood and in the other store what I wouldn't want to give away or trade because I would need it for other things. Or maybe we could buy pockets for out inventories if they are like bags and we could separate things that way. There could be multiple ways to do it. And it would make things easier, especially for newer players. I have no way to collect water. I had to trade my way up to what I have now and if I use it or trade it for something I need, there is no telling when I could ever get it back again. Same with sand and wood.

It could even act like the heat rocks. They could be bottles or crates and it holds however much we put into it and once it fills or no matter how much is in it, it is one, but it is separate from the single resource because it is in a separate container..
[/quote]

Read this topic, mur explains it quite well: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10370-how-can-resources-be-fixed-unsplittable-groups

I read it and still stand by my idea. I can see how many I have as I gain more and I can trade it or give it away and use it, so I would like the option to break it down, even if I have to pay cash to do so in the shop. It is just an idea and I was under the impression that the game is "player made" and that things can change if enough people work for it. I also stated it wasn't overly important. Just something I would like to see -eventually-.

I find it very interesting that the veteran players think that the Who killed Marind? show is useful. Honestly. In the Archives too? Well...
Please, please try to see it from a new player point of view. (I guess the effect is even more penetrating for the younger ones.)

[i]edit: [/i]Thank you for the pm... still, I don't think it has any benefits... showing this badge for eternity.
Anyway, thank you.

Edited by Fenrar

[quote name='Tom Pouce' timestamp='1339027149' post='113809']
citizenship

subject: [b]Make No Man's Land loyalty work[/b]

Right now, I have Loyalty: 108

Game tel me:

Citizenship
You are part of No Man's Land

And My loyalty is not working in No Man's Land

In all MD that i know off there is only one location
where my loyalty is working

2_-2x-2_1
[/quote]
As i've said before, you have No Homeland, not No Man's Land as homeland. No Homeland means you get land loyalty for no land, not for no man's land. I hope you see the difference.
No Man's loyalty does work, just ask the people in defenders of Bob, they get loyalty for no man's land.

Ok Burns

I dont say that its not the reality what yu say : in fact what you say is the explanation of is apening now

but then for logical reason i have some questions

Why when i clic on citisenship it say

Citizenship
You are part of No Man's Land

2-
I have the game say to me you have l08 loyalty

Since i was "born" in No Man's Land, why is it not loyalty for No Man's Land (having 108 loyalty valid for only one scene in MD , that is even not avalable without berseker is not making sense to me)

3-
What would it be wrong for my loyalty be No Man's Land ?

at least it would help combat viscosity remaing in some part of No Man's Land, and since new player would have loyalty to No Man's Land growing each day, it would lower cost of exploring No Man's Land for them (and me :) )

And who know if ever concil or mur find it nice to make newby version of some tools avalable for No Man's Land loyalty , access to those would be provide

Hope yu see my view point

Edited by Tom Pouce

[quote name='DarkRaptor' timestamp='1339020101' post='113798']
Liberty i did not mean resources.. i mean items.. like Silver Coins.. gold.. etc
[/quote]

well if ya read mine post, second paragraph explains why it is like that with coins >_> but i am gonna repeat myself

murry wants ya all to have feelin how much ya pay/give away etc rather than just see number, its like comparin payment done with credit card and cash, payin with cash.... gives ya actual feelin that ya paid with xxx amount of bills that have yyy value, while credit card, ya just see ya paid yyyyy value

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1339960991' post='115179']
*revamp*
Two weeks passed, new input for the council before they decide?

I'd like the balance system to be tweaked until perfect balance is a highly desirable state of being again. That'd bring the balance back into the game, whereas it's only about heat losing now. More things to consider when fighting might make people less aggressive, and increase the value of combat again.
[/quote]

I will just upvote this by all means (if the council wont be hanged(that would be fun also))

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1338835716' post='113379']
i would personally like to see "everybody can beat anybody" again, cuz atm combat is all about stats

so combat system redesign is wut i say
[/quote]

really sorry but there are lots of creats and a easy way to get it SW frezz new free spells are really great i have 80k in attack and lose against shooting sands with his coolll team manny times also other players