Which sorts of Quests you like?

BFH

Well I'm curious about this.

Which sorts of quests are most accepted by MD community? That's a question in which I think each time I make an event.

MD Summer Fest is very near and I want to have an insight on which aspects people likes most about the quest they participate in.

So please let me know:
[list]
[*]Which kind of quests you like?
[*]What you like most about them?
[*]Add your comments if you want :P
[/list]

I like lots of different quests. But my favorite ones are probably those that have a complicated and engaging storyline and include a variety of different challenges that the player must complete in order to win the quest. I like them because they test the mind and keep the player interested throughout. Next up are those calling for players to create something, whether it's an idea, a piece of writing, a drawing, etc. since they provide a chance to exercise creative skill.

My favorite quest was the puzzle gauntlet that Bootes did, where there were 5 puzzles. Solving one awarded his spell doc; solving all 5 awarded a wishpoint.

One of these was a puzzle of Chinese chess to mate in 3 moves - I solved it in 2 moves. He then made a harder version, for 5 moves, which I solved in 4. :P
The other puzzles included one that required a logic truth table to solve, and one that required visualizing the faces of a cube in space. Don't remember the other 2 puzzles anymore.

I like puzzle quests. They test your logic skill and you don't need to be very knowledgeable in any aspect.

I don't like creative quests where you need to draw or write stories/poems. They are very very time consuming for me, might take me weeks or months to accomplish.
On the other hand, each part of a puzzle quest can be solved at most in a day, I think.

I hope the quest instructions are clear and we don't need to find a certain person to talk to (timezone is really a pretty big problem for me). Hopefully, future quests will be coded in clickies. And the quest starts with hints on the passwords. It would be better if the password have some hints on its structure (i.e. the number of words, format, etc).

I like quests where you have to physically do something and then bring it back into MD, and most especially when it has a conceptual bent to it. I like these most because you get something more than just a completed quest out of it.

Quests with complex wordplay are fun too, as are logic puzzles, just for the sake of fun.

Endurance style ones like the dominion quest are addicitive, but I wouldnt describe it that I [i]like or dislike[/i] them.

I love RP quests where you have to interact and at times try and convince people to aid you. It makes you get involved with the community and meet other people you might not normally meet.
I also enjoy puzzle type quests. Putting together pieces, oraginzing facts, using logic to decypher what the pieces represent instead of what they say or do.
I do agree that drawing/writing quests are not that enjoyable. However alot of people do like those and they are good "filler" quests. Little quests with little rewards. Drawing/writing something shouldn't be rewarded heavily and shouldn't be made too difficult.
I HATE, and i mean HATE de-cyphering quests. They prove of little value and most all types of cyphers are found easily enough online. Pretty much you find the web page, insert the cypher and boom done.

I like the clickie type of quests ex: Burns' Shopkeeper Quest, Maebius' A little tour of sorts, Fyrd's Lost Path Adventure.

But I would definitely like to see more types of quests that require ingame interaction between players, as how phantasm described it.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='J-D' timestamp='1341086935' post='116333']
I like lots of different quests. But my favorite ones are probably those that have a complicated and engaging storyline and include a variety of different challenges that the player must complete in order to win the quest. I like them because they test the mind and keep the player interested throughout. Next up are those calling for players to create something, whether it's an idea, a piece of writing, a drawing, etc. since they provide a chance to exercise creative skill.
[/quote]

Somehow done on my Serial Killer quest.

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1341089105' post='116335']
I really liked the puzzles quest we had in the Dominion.
[/quote]

Somehow done with the Dead of MD Summer Team leaders quest

[quote name='apophys' timestamp='1341103928' post='116339']
My favorite quest was the puzzle gauntlet that Bootes did, where there were 5 puzzles. Solving one awarded his spell doc; solving all 5 awarded a wishpoint.

One of these was a puzzle of Chinese chess to mate in 3 moves - I solved it in 2 moves. He then made a harder version, for 5 moves, which I solved in 4. :P
The other puzzles included one that required a logic truth table to solve, and one that required visualizing the faces of a cube in space. Don't remember the other 2 puzzles anymore.
[/quote]

My main quest Number one had five main and varied tasks. Including puzzles. :)

[quote name='tankfans' timestamp='1341113321' post='116341']
I like puzzle quests. They test your logic skill and you don't need to be very knowledgeable in any aspect.

I don't like creative quests where you need to draw or write stories/poems. They are very very time consuming for me, might take me weeks or months to accomplish.
On the other hand, each part of a puzzle quest can be solved at most in a day, I think.

I hope the quest instructions are clear and we don't need to find a certain person to talk to (timezone is really a pretty big problem for me). Hopefully, future quests will be coded in clickies. And the quest starts with hints on the passwords. It would be better if the password have some hints on its structure (i.e. the number of words, format, etc).
[/quote]

Your wish is still pending :D

Maybe soon I unlock a quest involving such recommendations :D

[quote name='phantasm' timestamp='1341155071' post='116411']
I love RP quests where you have to interact and at times try and convince people to aid you. It makes you get involved with the community and meet other people you might not normally meet.
I also enjoy puzzle type quests. Putting together pieces, oraginzing facts, using logic to decypher what the pieces represent instead of what they say or do.
I do agree that drawing/writing quests are not that enjoyable. However alot of people do like those and they are good "filler" quests. Little quests with little rewards. Drawing/writing something shouldn't be rewarded heavily and shouldn't be made too difficult.
I HATE, and i mean HATE de-cyphering quests. They prove of little value and most all types of cyphers are found easily enough online. Pretty much you find the web page, insert the cypher and boom done.
[/quote]

Three team leaders dead quest is managing team work somehow I fulfilled that part of your wish :D
[quote name='gonzalocsdf95' timestamp='1341158613' post='116413']
I like the missions in which you have to draw or write and also those with good and attractive stories, which trap the player in the search.
[/quote]

Serial Killer Quest involved the story part :) And Main Quest one the drawing one :) Your wish fulfilled :)
[quote name='Falronn' timestamp='1341177231' post='116437']
I like the clickie type of quests ex: Burns' Shopkeeper Quest, Maebius' A little tour of sorts, Fyrd's Lost Path Adventure.

But I would definitely like to see more types of quests that require ingame interaction between players, as how phantasm described it.
[/quote]

For you all of my quests fit :) So somehow your wish fulfilled.

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1341257848' post='116498']
Treasure hunting.. lots and lots of clickeys with puzzles in between :D
[/quote]

You hunted. Hunted items as hell! The race definitively fulfill that wish :D

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1341137594' post='116358']
I like quests where you have to physically do something and then bring it back into MD, and most especially when it has a conceptual bent to it. I like these most because you get something more than just a completed quest out of it.

Quests with complex wordplay are fun too, as are logic puzzles, just for the sake of fun.

Endurance style ones like the dominion quest are addicitive, but I wouldnt describe it that I [i]like or dislike[/i] them.
[/quote]

Ups I missed you. Quest one did that :) It required people to search for a summer related item at their home and take a picture of it :)

SO my goal fulfilled mostly. Most of your wishes became true. :D Hope you enjoyed MD Summer Fest!

To my own records please don't delete: "Wishes to fulfill Burnsy and tanksfan"

Edited by BFH

[quote name='Tom Pouce' timestamp='1342812201' post='117833']
Instead of saying what kind of quest i like ill say kind of quest i dont like

I dont like quest that kill teams leader
[/quote]

LOL

:P