Please Stop Using CloudFlare!

DarkRaptor

Third try to reply... Invision Zone hates me...

Im sick, with heavy medication atm, and very busy in real, my reply will be short. You can just put here remove this without giving any single argument. I wouldnt do that... It is stupid.

so two questions:

are u having any issues?
on what u base your request?

As i see it, in the cases where you see cloudflare errors, without cloudflare you would just get timeout on all MD. That is assuming that the connectivity problem is not caused by cloudflare.

You can also add real ip to your hosts file and bypass cloudflare.

Edited by Miq

yes i'm having issues with CloudFare, and from what i've seen (on the mood panel and on chat) many people is having issues.

1. The CloudFare system seems to be not working correctly, it "marks" the MD server as unavailable when it is not the case..
2. When i'm editing a legit mdscript i sometimes have to type challenge words.. because CloudFare flags my submit as a attacker?!
3. One of the CloudFare annouced "features" is : speed you site.. LOL i just wonder how by adding a (non cached) layer will Ever speed a one server site!?

maybe i'm too old school..or maybe i just don't like when some work is done and things get worst for the players.. anyway.. please close this.

• Root Admin

[quote name='DarkRaptor' timestamp='1345064642' post='120183']
yes i'm having issues with CloudFare, and from what i've seen (on the mood panel and on chat) many people is having issues.

1. The CloudFare system seems to be not working correctly, it "marks" the MD server as unavailable when it is not the case..
2. When i'm editing a legit mdscript i sometimes have to type challenge words.. because CloudFare flags my submit as a attacker?!
3. [b]One of the CloudFare annouced "features" is : speed you site.. LOL i just wonder how by adding a (non cached) layer will Ever speed a one server site!?[/b]

maybe i'm too old school..or maybe i just don't like when some work is done and things get worst for the players.. anyway.. please close this.
[/quote]

Read how Cloudflare works, it does cache the site... css and images can easily be cached, not to mention the static main page plus any other pages that can be cached...

• Root Admin

And if you are running vista+ you will likely have to open notepad as an admin.

If your system breaks its entirely Miq's fault and he will pay for all damages :P

also doing that removes all the benefits MD gets from CF... which is SEO and caching of static reasources... really you _should_ use Cloudflare to help MagicDuel

Nop,

But as Chew said CF takes some load off the server so in a way it's good in the big picture of things (mostly bandwidth cost i guess)

P.S. Damage claims are to be sent at support@apple.com

Edited by Miq