Daily Fruit

Dragual

I developed this idea when I was away...

I think it would be interesting if there was an upgrade to the way we gain stats for logging in everyday. The concept is that perhaps there could be a place for apple trees or some sort of fruit that grows in a location. These fruit can only be collected by players once a day, and are used to increase different stats in small amounts. For example, a red apple would increase a players attack skill, while a green apple would increase the defense skill and the yellow would increase your regeneration skill. These items would be similar to a resource, but there would be a clickie on screen for them. The method of determining which particular piece of fruit you obtain each day could go one of two ways. Either you chose the one you want, or it will be given randomly. In addition, there could be some sort of pie or fruit salad recipe that requires a certain amount of all fruit, and some other items. This item would have a collected stat bonus of the fruit added, plus an added stat increase.

A different and intriguing new idea :)

Hmm... just something to add to it:

1) The red apple could be located in MB (Whisper Alley seems a good place)
2) The green apple in LR (Anywhere, honestly :P but Stag Crossing would look nice)
3) The yellow apple somewhere in the East close to the entrance (Not quite sure but right at the gate maybe?)

I dunno, just seems suitable :D

As for the fruit salad, perhaps there could be a tool (the apples could be usable items obtained from the clickies) to make the salad :) A bit like making tea perhaps...

Edited by DARK DEMON

Not to shout abusable or anything, but if it's an item, items can be transferred.

If you take into account that I have idk probably 80 odd accounts (for those wondering why that amount, I forgot some login details for the other 80 ish), and that I have some good friends which I don't mind helping out, no charge of course, then you get some maths which lead to it being abusable.

My hypothetical self would of course do this subtly so that it wasn't picked up on.

Well, it would have a free credits effext where only one account can use it per player, not character. As far as friends... I can't honestly say I have a solution for that one...

I do like the idea of spreading out where the items are located...

Perhaps we could have some sort of fruit basket or apple basket that is easy to obtain and NOT a shared tool? I feel like making it a shared tool would just be unfair...

Chewett, I'm having trouble finding what you are talking about. Can you share the link please?

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1350075432' post='123897']
And the moment you abused it, someone, specifically dst (whose job it is to watch the logs) would/should, whether she would or not is a different thread, report it to Council, and you would be punished.

Simple.
[/quote]
[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1350067198' post='123892']
My hypothetical self would of course do this subtly so that it wasn't picked up on.
[/quote]

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1350093493' post='123906']
I suppose I think less of how things abusable things are then developing the concept completely. Either way, I'm sure there is a way to prevent that.
[/quote]

I'm sure there is...

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1350067198' post='123892']
Not to shout abusable or anything, but if it's an item, items can be transferred.

If you take into account that I have idk probably 80 odd accounts (for those wondering why that amount, I forgot some login details for the other 80 ish), and that I have some good friends which I don't mind helping out, no charge of course, then you get some maths which lead to it being abusable.

[/quote]

I somehow feel that what you're saying might happen is somewhat exaggerated... no offense. The apples would give a really tiny stat boost, and I believe spending time in transferring them via alts would just be stupid. If one doesn't have time to help out noobs in the paper cabin, which I believe if FAR more important, then how can one have time to log into different accounts just to transfer apples? :P

If there's still something to say against this, look at the 2 solutions below first...

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1350067992' post='123893']
Well, it would have a free credits effext where only one account can use it per player, not character.
[/quote]

You just gave the solution.

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1350067992' post='123893']
Perhaps we could have some sort of fruit basket or apple basket that is easy to obtain and NOT a shared tool? I feel like making it a shared tool would just be unfair...
[/quote]

No need for a tool. You could just click on the clickies to automatically get the apples as an item. After all, we used to get these stats automatically at the start, no? So they should be really easy to get. I selected the attack apple (red) to be in MB cause everyone has access to it, and currently you get the attack stat increased when you log in for the first time in the day. The defence and regen apples (green and yellow) should be a little difficult to access (you'll have to beat the LR guards and need AP to get inside Tribunal) cause they give stats which were not given automatically before.

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1350075432' post='123897']
And the moment you abused it, someone, specifically [b]dst[/b] (whose job it is to watch the logs) would/[b]should[/b], whether she would or not is a different thread, [b]report it to Council[/b], and you would be punished.

Simple.
[/quote]

Another solution. End of troubles. End of story.

I don't think there's anything left now which should cause anyone to speak against this idea. I've said all I could in favour of it. Now I'll leave it up to the "big people" to decide whether to implement it or not.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Just make it similar to the potions you can find lying around, click it and it's used on yourself, no inventory necessary. I would honestly prefer a bit of chance involved though, rather than just choosing what stat you'd get. Makes it a bit more exciting.

Oh right, also colour is probably an issue, but there are other ways to represent differences between things.

Edited by Pipstickz

No, there is no way. If you're doing it clever enough, your accounts don't get recognized as alts by the system, tracking items over 5 corners is, while possible, not as easy as it sounds, and if your accounts are not registered as alts, you'll have a rather hard time proving that they are.

If at all, make then similar to the flasks we ca find once to boost VE and VP. You pick the apple, and it boosts you, that's it. No items, no option to transfer, no anything. Eat it or leave it. (and there Pip goes and posts it while i write >.<)
If you like you can think of functions to get fed up of an apple, for example if you only take attack all the time, the effect decreases, and you need to pick another stat for a few days before the effect returns on full scale.

I think that the creation of resources that give you permanent boosts would bring a whole new boost into the alts business, so i'm all against that.

Edited by Burns

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1350109009' post='123914']
Just make it similar to the potions you can find lying around, click it and it's used on yourself, no inventory necessary. I would honestly prefer a bit of chance involved though, rather than just choosing what stat you'd get. Makes it a bit more exciting.
[/quote]

You won't be able to make the "salad" if you don't have them as items.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1350109009' post='123914']
Oh right, also colour is probably an issue, but there are other ways to represent differences between things.
[/quote]

Red (attack) = apple in MB
Green (defence) = ... bell pepper...? in LR
Yellow (regen) = banana in Tribunal

For all those who are talking about alt abuse: Will people actually waste time switching between accounts just to transfer tiny stat boosts?

As I have stated elsewhere, if it's possible to abuse something, you will find someone willing to spend the time to do so.

If you don't have it as an inventory item, you reduce functionality (as described here), but reduce abusability

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1350151851' post='123946']
Why stats? Don't you get enough already? How about something else. Like...an aramor that is lost, a bag full of...dust, a losing lottery ticket.
We can get stats easy enough and in several ways. Why do you need more?
[/quote]

it's a replacement for the stats you get when you log in daily... if you read properly...

So there's no matter about "more" stats being given out...

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1350153053' post='123947']
it's a replacement for the stats you get when you log in daily... if you read properly...

[/quote]

I think probably wrongly that dst is suggesting that this idea should be expanded and the original thought about stats is a little silly.

Daily stats are fine. Stats needn't become a focus.

Have you read Mur's combat page?

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1350061238' post='123881']
I think it would be interesting if there was an upgrade to the way we gain stats for logging in everyday.
[/quote]
You already gain stats daily. Please read carefully the "calendar" page when you first login on a certain day.

Also, stats are for grinders, grinders should grind. RP-ers don't need stats.

PS: I am a kind of grinder too and I already hate when someone gains something with no work.

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1350153053' post='123947']

[/quote]

Seems I didn't since that is what I understood. Now...why would you replace something that is working and is quite good with something that needs development and it's prone to bugs?

Also what's the craziness with all those fruits? Try vegetables for once...

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1350466574' post='124151']
Now...why would you replace something that is working and is quite good with something that needs development and it's prone to bugs?
[/quote]

It's just an idea to help UPGRADE the game, for God's sake! That's the point : to DEVELOP, CHANGE and IMPROVE the game in a better way!

Something that needs development? Did you say that because you're lazy? Cause I think that's something MD lacks. No real implementation of suggestions, to be honest.

The way you're saying it just makes me think that you don't even want us to suggest...

Edited by DARK DEMON

Yes, I don't want you to suggest things that already exist. Not now when there are tons of pending stuff to be done and tons of stuff that don't work.
You have a pink wood fence. Your suggestion is: let's make a pink concrete fence.
Basically all you want to change is not the amount of stats or the stats but the way they are given. Yes, this can be done. In the future. Sometime. When MD would be so great and functional that we'll look for ways to beautify it.

I don't usually comment on "New Ides" unless they have been suggested before and turned town for some reasons (I trolled the forum for quite some years so I usually remember stuff) or when the new ideas are not bringing anything new.

And I am serious about the fruit thingy. You want fruits for stats, fruits for reviving players. Can't you find something less trivial? Really.