Massive Mod Power Abuse!

Darigan

A Real Choice, between several options.  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fang, I'd be all for your little cause, problem is those people you're so irate at are using tools that are readily available to everyone, sometimes they do have requirements but still they are accessible to everyone....however even then I'd still back you up because it annoys me as well, even though you could just try talking to them and come to some agreement.

BUT! When you come here and wine and complain about something that anyone can do, when you yourself are doing something that not everyone can or would do. YOU use a spell to allow mp3s to get passed the guards. Something that they otherwise wouldn't be capable in and then what happens when they come into MY LAND and start depleting the herbs. You allow the unworthy access to something they shouldn't have access to by means other then what is required. The tools are available to everyone who can get to them, The Spell is you use is available to anyone who can get it, so before you start whining about injustice take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really care about this realm as a whole or just yourself.

I would stand with you, but I will not stand with a hypocrite.

Edited by Burns

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I know you're doing this by good will, but...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I think this type of fanatic action against depletion is what pushes the depletors deplete more.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Regardless of that, I'm still against depletion.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

Id like to start by saying that any mod that has the free time to, please move Darigans post to this thread, then delete the other 2. Like i said BEFOREHAND, it is NOT an argument zone.

Now then. lets break down Darigans little rant bit by bit shall we?

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1361162558' post='132855']
Fang, I'd be all for your little cause, problem is those people you're so irate at are using tools that are readily available to everyone, sometimes they do have requirements but still they are accessible to everyone....however even then I'd still back you up because it annoys me as well, even though you could just try talking to them and come to some agreement.
[/quote]

Yes, Common Tools, but common tools used incorrectly is something i plan to fix in this situation.

No. Not gonna happen. I wont try to talk to someone thats that far gone.

BUT! When you come here and wine and complain about something that anyone can do, when you yourself are doing something that not everyone can or would do.
[/quote]

Am i now? Please elaborate.

YOU use a spell to allow mp3s to get passed the guards.
[/quote]

Oh my you caught me. I DO use that spell *gasp*. Its a part of my regular arsenal. But i dont use it on the MP3s, not anymore. Lets keep going though, ill get to that in a bit.

Something that they otherwise wouldn't be capable in
[/quote]

EHH! Wrong. Its still possible to get into LR without spells. Ive seen it happen many a time, even after the MP3 caps.

and then what happens when they come into MY LAND and start depleting the herbs. You allow the unworthy access to something they shouldn't have access to by means other then what is required.
[/quote]

Oh no no no NO you did not just insult my students. Buddy that is the WRONG choice of words for you. The children i raise are NOT raised to be depletors. The children i raise are kind hearted, and think of others. I know thats hard for you to believe, but i choose who i train, not the other way around. My children are more than worthy sir. And if i ever hear you call them otherwise, your going to have personal issues with this Wolf, and i hope thats crystal clear and understood.

The tools are available to everyone who can get to them, The Spell is you use is available to anyone who can get it, so before you start whining about injustice take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really care about this realm as a whole or just yourself.
[/quote]

Ok, now explanation time is here, since you seem dead set on thinking it was me, even though i was sleeping for god knows how long, and i wasnt even there for when Dan gained access to LR, since im sure thats who your talking about.

First off, yes, back in the day, i did used to use "That Spell" (nice huge spoiler in your original post by the way, if Mallos hadnt corrected you, MORE people would have gotten in. smart) to allow MP3s into LR. My reasoning was simple. At Mind Power 3, it is difficult, but NOT impossible, to get into Loreroot. I simply aided them in their explorations, so that they could enjoy what the great land of Loreroot had to offer.

My logic was simple. I took NOTHING away from them by letting them explore. They got to have some fun, and at MP4 and MP5 theyd have to beat them ALL over again, and at that point, like everyone else, figure out how to REALLY beat them. This gift of a Spell was a one time thing, and only for MP3s, not 4 or 5s.

Alas. I was spoken to by a few important people not too long ago about these actions. One of them, was good lady Mya, someone whom i deeply respect. She beat some sense into me, pixie style, and i stopped since then.

So dont go pointing fingers on some old information that isnt even right anymore. Im sure all Loretootians have good reason to point fingers at me, but know this.

I took nothing away from the MP3s.
Loreroot got more fans.
The children i let in have not harmed Loreroot once, depleting or otherwise.
I respect Loreroot.

I would stand with you, but I will not stand with a hypocrite.
[/quote]

And you know what, THAT IS OK. You are free to make your decisions, one way or the other. Some have decided to deplete. And i, in return, have decided to ruin them. So go ahead. Fight me, hate me, and rage against the machine.

In the end, your choices are your own. So go against me, i wont stop you.

Just know that id rather be friendly with you, and all of Loreroot for that matter, since im better off as your ally, and not your enemy.

Have a good day Darigan. I hope youve come to your senses, if even just a little bit.

So, the title says it, i spent a bit of time moving, merging and other fancy mod things to get this thread together.
Also, i'm not sure if it all works as i want, so bear with it if i need to edit a bit.

There are different points in the posts i moved here, and all of them have some importance, but my point is that Fang is abusing the model of the poll with his 'petition'. It very much reminds me of the 'elections' some countries had lately, where you can pick one choice, or stay at home. And then the outcome is a wonderful 90% approval, leaving out all who didn't vote, of course.

So, here's my poll, which i honestly don't care much about because i don't want to achieve anything with it. I'd just like to have it at hand if Fang shows up with his 'petition' backed by maybe 10 anonymous votes and declares that he is enacting the community's will.

And yes, you can discuss all you want here, because discussion is the base of forming an opinion in my understanding.

And, other than some advocates of the use of polls,, i ask all mod to NOT hide posts here. Valid point or not, they can stay unless they are against the rules, this is why i started it in offtopic. If people abuse the privilege of free speech to clutter my thread with spam, i'll handle it myself, because that's my massive mod power abuse thread. :))

Bah, and now it looks as if i edited Darigan's post. Mhew, happens. It's the massive mod power abuse thread, live with it.

Edited by Burns