Loreroot Government.

Darigan

After much deliberation, discussion, debate, and some whip cracking :P . Loreroot is proud to announce we have established a new government.

Based around the 3 branches of governing system

The [u]Assembly [/u]consists of any lorerootian citizen over 100 days old.

The[u] Counsel of Judges[/u] is made up by 3 elected members.

Darigan
Laphers
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tarquinus[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The [u]Consuls[/u] are two elected members of the land.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mya Celestia[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shemhazaj[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]edited for simplification [/font][/color]

Edited by Darigan

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1365715512' post='134781']
...[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]carry the kings tools[/b]...[/font][/color]
[/quote]

As in will carry them once (if) you get the MD council to give them to you, or effectively are carrying them as from now? 'Cause tools were removed long ago once the monarchs retired.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Consuls are the outside contacts for people regarding Loreroot.[/font][/color]
[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Judges are for internal.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]That's about as simple as it can be put.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' timestamp='1365717846' post='134784']
As in will carry them once (if) you get the MD council to give them to you, or effectively are carrying them as from now? 'Cause tools were removed long ago once the monarchs retired.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I've seen Azull with the king's tools.[/color][/font]

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1365742722' post='134790']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I've seen Azull with the king's tools.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Azull and Peace got their tools back as part of Mur's "big change" programm. They are the king and queen of Necro hence they have the tools.

So, unless the Loreroot Council doesn't get official acknowedge (or does it have it? - I might have missed some in game stuff as of lately) they will probably don't get the tools.

Well, I personally support the idea of admins recognizing land governments established by the very citizens (rather than waiting for Mur or other admin to say 'You should be king/queen').
If someone is a de facto leader of the land, give the tools. If the land has organized and made voting to create a government system, give the tools.

I was just asking for the sake of general curiosity about monarch tools status, and because of my own homeland which doesn't have a government and thus no tools.

We would like to see the monarch's tools given to the Consuls, who are the executive heads of Loreroot (analogous to co-presidents or co-monarchs), but to my knowledge we have not yet broached the subject with the MD Council. Their ruling (or Mur's), of course, will be decisive.

To answer the question of the powers and responsibilities of the Consuls and Judges of Loreroot, the Consuls are, as I've said, the executives. The Judges have no official powers other than one of judicial review with respect to matters passed as laws and to trials conducted by the Assembly. The Assembly is the actual ruling body of Loreroot, and is responsible for all legislation; on advice from someone on the forum, we will review the 100-day requirement for membership and decide whether it is fair.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

More importantly, can this be updated as well? Or closed and a new one made. Its important to be able to work out easily who is currently leading a land. When I came here I knew shem had left, thought mya had and was unsure about a number of the other positions (darigan, tarq, etc)

We are in the process of streamlining our government after a year of working things out.

Election for the 2 Consuls has been held.  Mya Celestia remains Consul and Sunfire has been put in as full Consul instead of pro-tem.