Did you know? - Jail

Chewett

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1366461670' post='135088']
If people like this sort of thing, i might post some more up when i get a bit of time. Some of the design decisions, and lore of MD is interesting, and it appears many people have forgotten, or never heard of some of the genius behind MD. So comment if you are bored/like/dislike this so i can get some feedback :)
[/quote]

Surely looking foward to hear more of this things! :D

Chewett

your post i find interesting, and its something that i would find attitude of value, but it make me ask in my mind some questions more than getting answeres

if i read you post i get that MD (concil) (Mur) is kind and want to make it banning an exception only for greath greath greath bad things, and making an player continue playing in a way more the ordinary outcome.

But since about 1 year that i play i get not that impression, personnaly i was threaten of banning first intead of being contact with explanation or nice discution firts (for my participation in gardening), and i have seen many death just for fun of it (and that is really an disguise banning for undertermine length , depend of others players or concil ) . in fact what i see in forum , is more the feeling of jumping to threaten or judge "apriory" with the most severe outcome first, and look only after ...

so i wonder if theory and application are not the same

Note: my post is neither an complain or critising, its only sharing my feeling of what i experienced

Edited by Tom Pouce

• Root Admin

[quote name='Tom Pouce' timestamp='1366493470' post='135105']
But since about 1 year that i play i get not that impression, personnaly i was threaten of banning first intead of being contact with explanation or nice discution firts (for my participation in gardening),
[/quote]

I would ask if you have proof of them saying you will be banned, rather than being jailed. I would think you more misunderstood if initially, not understanding how things work. Trust me, Ban has only been used by massive spammers or those who have attempted to maliciously broken the game rather than you advocating growing and smoking illegal drugs.

[quote]nd i have seen many death just for fun of it (and that is really an disguise banning for undertermine length , depend of others players or concil ) . in fact what i see in forum , is more the feeling of jumping to threaten or judge "apriory" with the most severe outcome first, and look only after ...[/quote]

No one has ever been killed as a punishment in my knowledge. Feel free to point out where someone has been killed as a punishment.

Edited by Chewett

chewett i dont want to make discution really, my reference was public, and the message that Rumi sent me at that time was made public ...

the thing abut killing is that its like an banning, and its somethig that is first made possible by Mur and still allow ...

and my perception of "jumping to threaten or judge "apriory" with the most severe outcome first, and look only after ..." come in reading some forum situation that had occur and the feeling that i had perceive ... and perceiving is subjective its just what i have feel reading it ...

like i said my post was just to share my personnal perseption, and its not either an complain or critisim, but more sharing the contrast of what feeling i perceive in your post, in contrast of my experience feeling

(Tried to make my idea clearer)

Edited by Tom Pouce

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1366493830' post='135106']
No one has ever been killed as a punishment in my knowledge. Feel free to point out where someone has been killed as a punishment.
[/quote]
Quite a few murders were, in a way, a punishment, only not one from council/Mur.

But back to the point, I don't think the jail system really is there to be nicer than banning. I believe it's rather there because MD is what we make it, so banning a player is like banning a part of MD. It's the same reason why you can't get your account deleted. When you remove a player you remove part of MD history, which should only be done in the most extreme cases.

• Root Admin

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1366495374' post='135109']
Quite a few murders were, in a way, a punishment, only not one from council/Mur.
[/quote]
I agree in that that many killings were punishment, but not from Mur/council/authority.

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1366495374' post='135109']
But back to the point, I don't think the jail system really is there to be nicer than banning. I believe it's rather there because MD is what we make it, so banning a player is like banning a part of MD. It's the same reason why you can't get your account deleted. When you remove a player you remove part of MD history, which should only be done in the most extreme cases.
[/quote]

It seems we are saying the same things :D its nicer in regards to keeping MD as MD, in that as you said, banning removes a player. Actually one such player has actually returned after a ban, but i wont name him as he may not. So its not necessarily as final as it seems.

Actually, imo, what seems to be a lighter punishment method (jail) is actually a harsher one.
When you're banned you can't access the site and that's it.
When you're in jail, you can log in, read the Mood Panel, post in it, see public logs, hell! even do quests. If you're lucky to have a tool, you can even harvest resources in jail. It's like when you're very thirsty, you see a big glass of cold water but you can't touch it.

Edited by dst