New Server Feedback

DARK DEMON

I am experiencing always now what look like an delay (few secound)  for communication to site, then loading of page go .. about same speed as before i think

but i see an lsoweness in loading page enoutht that page look like many :http://magicduel.com/img/skin/default/topr.jpg

that make all the page height, before making the full load (its someting that was not apening before for me, or was so quick i didnot see that)

and some time i get huge delay and page dont load completely ... like all page loaded but chat dont load

from Canada province of Québec

using firefox , on windows

Edited by Tom Pouce

It is getting worst !!

really 1 min to get to the adress http://magicduel.com/

and then another 1 min to get to the log in page

after voting i try to move around an little and time time to move scene to scene fully load

6 time i took 13 seeconde moving to next scene from clicking arrow and timing to get fully load new scene

going back to wind sanctuary, i got some better step of 9 secounde for scene change

(its more than i usually have)

Edited by Tom Pouce

My connection has never been great, but I've now been getting a multi windows alert just about every other time I try to attack someone or move faster than a scene per 30 seconds. Ping times are generally downwards of 200 ms, which seems reasonable enough (I never tested them before the server move, but load times seem about the same--very slow.)

On a possibly unrelated note, ever since the move I seem to have immigrated to the Czech Republic. (I revived an alt this morning and it came up American; midwest USA here.) I did use Tor to access MD several days ago, but in the past my flag has reverted to normal after having been using proxies.

Not that I mind this or that it needs fixing; it's more a curiosity/possible symptom of some hidden routing issue.

Overall, with quite a few exceptions, it looks like the Old World's beating the New.

• Root Admin

It is getting worst !!

really 1 min to get to the adress http://magicduel.com/

and then another 1 min to get to the log in page

after voting i try to move around an little and time time to move scene to scene fully load

6 time i took 13 seeconde moving to next scene from clicking arrow and timing to get fully load new scene

going back to wind sanctuary, i got some better step of 9 secounde for scene change

(its more than i usually have)

That sounds like your end speed rather than MD, there isnt much that could make a site take a minute to load.

Geoip is broken. I'm in Sweden no matter from where I log in. SE was the country I had the proxy for when the server was shut down and it seems it's stuck with that one.

Different bug, mur installed GEOIP, i will look at it.

Chewett, my speed was normal and ok with going everywhere i had links .... as i had problem going MD

in waiting for connection to MD site (1 minute) (and then page begin to load) i had time to go forum, load forum, log in forum, make an gogle search to chech if i had good speed ... and try an few links i have

for MD ... you know what i told you in post above

so either, its something in route from canada to your isp for MD

or its something your isp is doing like trotling, or makind an wait time when one request MD page

or its someting that is in MD script .. that make an delay

or its the cloud thing , are yu still using it?

is it working properly?

is it an problem of DSN (the thingy that resolve the name adresss to the number adress?)

i certainly dont know as  i am not knowledge enought, but maybe you can look and rull out some of those

Tom

note: if i can get almost everywher in web around earth, without delay or big lag ... what is so special with where new MD location?

and like i said before the MD moving i was without never delais or when walking i had often to quick for MD ,,,, got message ...

and if i had an problem, i had problem with going every where  not only MD

----

retryed and seem better now but seem somewhat slower than before .. but not that huge problem as i told .. about 8-9 sec walking

Edited by Tom Pouce

• Root Admin

yeah geoip is the issue for the flags ..but chewey fixes everything eeeeeverything i break :)

the delay till the page starts to load might still be related to the new dns because both the nameservers are new and the site had them changed.

there is a cache that loads over time and will make creature pages, rituals, and other things faster day by day.

The scenes load slower from before after the new clickables update. The scene is forced not to be cached so it can check for any potential new clickie.. if this becomes a problem i could disable this during the times when i know no new clickables are being added.

The technical specs on the server are similar with the old one and are used in a very low proportion anyway so the speed difference is for now related to the network

if you know how to ping, post also ping times (windows: start menu, search type cmd then hit enter, type ping magicduel.com, enter you will see a ms average number)

IF YOU NOTICE ANY SPEED INCREASE OR DROP AT A CERTAIN POINT PLEASE POST HERE SO CHEW AND I CAN CORELATE IT WITH ANY CHANGE THAT WAS DONE AROUND THAT POINT.

Thank you for your feedback

From office:

Ping statistics for 164.138.28.154:
    Packets: Sent = 34, Received = 33, Lost = 1 (2% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 84ms, Maximum = 92ms, Average = 86ms

I'll check from home as well.

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss
    Minimum = 757ms, Maximum = 1155ms, Average = 954ms

and right now, i really feel overdosed with nightshades. everything's moving so slow.....................

Edited by nadrolski

• Root Admin

Caching is now on properly which should mean that its doing much better than what it was. Over the next couple days the cache should fill and therefore reach a more "stable" point. Currently 60% of all database requests are cached and therefore served very fast.

Max connections has also been boosted so anyone getting "cannot connect to DB" errors should not get them. Report all findings here/pm/email/blarge

• Root Admin

if you get 3ms ping, you should look out on the window and see the server in your garden...lol

over the next days if things do not improve, at least we will know if its about the network, hardware or software. Network should be fine, the amsterday node is one of the largest in the world, the hardware can be upgraded as needed without a problem, and software tweaked. Someone posted it loads fine in Hong Kong, if so, then it should eventually be fast in US too.

Once everything is tweaked propper , we will move to the CDN and then things should also gain some improvement

your feedback is essential for this optimization process

The hell....MD works better from work :blink:

Packets: Sent = 55, Received = 55, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Minimum = 59ms, Maximum = 251ms, Average = 119ms

This means that during important events I might become a workaholic :D

It's not in my garden, but it seems it's in my neighbor's one :D

Packets: Sent = 73, Received = 72, Lost = 1 (1% loss),
    Minimum = 46ms, Maximum = 74ms, Average = 53ms

That is with no load on the system, ofc.

C:\Users\admin>ping magicduel.com

Pinging magicduel.com [164.138.28.154] with 32 bytes of data:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Minimum = 105ms, Maximum = 121ms, Average = 109ms

from Québec  Canada

I've got 42 ms, because MD is the answer.

I've got 42 to pretty much everything in Europe, though :))

I just noticed a drop in combat speed, takes a rather long time from 'chaaargeee!' until the fight is done. Time increases when the combat is longer, if it's just wiping a tree you barely notice a delay, but if i go against something that takes 3 rounds to kill it's 6-8 seconds until the combat is finished and i get the report.