Crafters Guild Disbanded

Yrthilian

"Ann. 2647 - [2013-06-18 15:31:56 - Stage 12]
Crafters Guild Disbanded
The Crafters Guild has been disbanded. This is after an email we received from Phantom Orchid asking us to disband it since apparently it has been below the required number of members for some months. In discussion with Udgard, the Guild leader, we decided that it better suits the Crafters not to be tied to a land since Yrthillian, the other realm's crafter would not join the Loreroot based Guild. Their roles remain unaffected and this disbandment fits with the global plans of slowly moving more general crafting to the people."

So the council sees fit to throw me into the blame for the disbanding of the crafter.

I want it known i am not at fault here. Yes i have the crafting ablity but i was never suppose to be in the guild

nor was i ever actualy invited. remember crafter was non LR before it moved. I was never suppose to be part of it

i have the ablity because it is part of the role i play not because of a guild,

This is uncalled for by the council for them to tar my name in this way i am deeply offended by what they have done.

"Ann. 2647 - [2013-06-18 15:31:56 - Stage 12]
Crafters Guild Disbanded
The Crafters Guild has been disbanded. This is after an email we received from Phantom Orchid asking us to disband it

I did not ask the council for anything.  This statement is a flat out lie.  I did send an e-mail to council but I never asked for anything at all. 

And yrth, I agree it was completely uncalled for to have your name thrown in there - you have an important role independent from the Crafters.

And FYI, I am still able to assist with crafting if anyone needs anything :)

In Poe's case, it could simply be a thing of perspective. I dont know, or really care about what transcribed between them, but in the topic of the guild, an alert could be synonymous (depending on various factors as this is a game based universally) with asking for a disbanding.

In yrth's, it could just be a simple assumption on their part, or need for a scape goat.

Yeah, and some of us dont really care for smoke and mirrors, either.

alas, such is the way.

edit: maybe I am just being intellectually lazy right now, but instead of feeding moldy crumbs and acting like there is some grand scheme, why dont you just get on with it? the act of superiority because you supposedly have some divine information that will cause an uproar of uproars, is getting old.

tl;dr: either spray it, or shut it.

Edited by Curiose

i am not useing this to go and bad moth the council. i just wanted to state the info as far as i am concerned is incorect

regards my name in that announcment and with the details regards me in it.

other wise i am not getting involved in any issues between other players and the council

Edited by Yrthilian

Before this spirals further, please let me explain what I think happened.

Council sent me an email asking if I was ok with disbanding the Crafters, at Poe's request partly because lately our guild only has two active members. I told council that I am ok if this is what they think is the best course of action, and explained the original purpose Kragel had when he formed the Crafter's guild: as the organization for those with item creation abilities.

With Kragel gone, there were only me left. Later we have Yrth getting the item creation interface as well, but I never invited him (and he never asked for an invitation), and I personally thought that since Yrth was the king of Golemus, it just didn't make sense for him to join a LR guild  with the way our guild-land system is established and I mentioned this to the council in my email on why the current guild won't really get (the only) other item creation ability possessor to join. Btw: the creators/crafters were always a LR guild, the creators were a leftover guild from the old alliance system test and when it was given to us, it was already loreroot-based (and IIRC it was during the old alliance system as well - which might explain why the guild becomes lorerootian later on - it was never changed).

It might be bad phrasing on my part that's causing the council to think the yrth refused to join - he was never actually requested to join in nor did he ever asked to. But to confirm I did not mean that yrth told me he didn't want to join, I only meant to say that I don't think yrth would join the crafters with the current system. (actual quote below)

With Kragel, the guild leader and the only other item creator being missing shortly after the guild's conception the initial guild's purpose as the face organization for everyone with item creation abilities/roles has shifted to just the only item creator left (until Yrth got the ability as well, but the land affiliation system means he can't really join the guild). 

All in all, I don't think the announcement was an effort to throw a "blame": there's not really any fault to blame. I'm not even upset or angry at what happened; and Council also asked for my opinion before disbanding the alliance and only did so after I gave them the go-ahead-if-you-think-it's-best. I hope this doesn't turn into a blaming fest :)

And to confirm, the guild itself is not really disbanded de facto. The alliance tag is removed, yes, but we are still doing our services as usual, just without the alliance badge. Our sub forum will still be there, and you can always contact us or look for updates from us there.

Cheers,

Ud

Edited by Udgard

This is after an email we received from Phantom Orchid asking us to disband it since apparently it has been below the required number of members for some months

What a backstabber! Biting the hand that fed her. Nice. Very very nice!

Yrth, don't worry. Your name has not been tainted. I would never think you'd do such a thing (thing=betray GG for loreroot).

While I hate council ways many times and I burn them in fire a lot.... I believe this time we should let them explain their own announcement as it seems it caused confusion?

As per all guilds in general, if it were for me,  all would have been disbanded and set back with a more formal or established purpose. I think the min number of members requirement on a guild is stupid. Why they dont simply require the guild to fit a role and judge it based on that... Pitty system

• Root Admin

Once a guild/ally is formed, with or without role. it depends on its MEMBERS to fit a certain role or go a certain path within the realm. With under a minimum of members, the decisions become individual, not the decisions of a group, so it no longer fits with the idea of guild/ally.

The rule goes for everybody, and its of no importance who notified the council about such a case. Phantom's and yrth names should not have been there, in my opinion. Apparently phantom you saw this as one more reason to scream about how council has something with you..the truth is that you sent that email knowing what will happen, and intending that. Also the truth, is that there is no harm done in that and there was no need to "advertise" you on the announcements.

I find it interesting that when I had informed council in the past about two guilds that had 1-2 active members it was ignored and/or council gave, in one case, time for one of them to recruit. 

Before this spirals further, please let me explain what I think happened.

Council sent me an email asking if I was ok with disbanding the Crafters, at Poe's request partly because lately our guild only has two active members. I told council that I am ok if this is what they think is the best course of action, and explained the original purpose Kragel had when he formed the Crafter's guild: as the organization for those with item creation abilities.

Poe, did you or did you not send Council an email pointing the lack of members in Crafters alliance?
Did you or did you not know that it means the alliance should be disbanded according to the rules?

So why did you do that if not meaning for the alliance to be disbanded?
To make Council look biased and show yourself as a victim in their plots?
Well, Council did what they should have done. They contacted the alliance leader and talked to him giving him the opportunity to gain more members like "past about two guilds that had 1-2 active members" did.
He decided otherwise. It was his choice and I respect it. More than once he said that Crafters shouldn't be part of any land affiliated alliance.
But you, like it or not, did play your role in disbanding alliance that used to be your own.
And now you play victim and share jokes...
Not that it matters much, but I for one am disappointed.

@Curiose:

po just wants publicity. Good or bad is not important. She wants ppl to know her name.

Her statement above is just another of her spams / trolls.

Unfortunately the uninformed ppl tend to take her for granted. Just ignore her inadequate / irrelevant and insufficient or misleading answers.

Edited by No one

So, these last few posts are direct person-to-person messages (dare I say flame?).

We were already asked to keep this thread about the announcement and its effects.

Please use the PM system for private messages, that's what it is there for.  ;)

Edited by Phantom Orchid