Sanctuary's View Cube

Muratus del Mur

Pub in a cube review  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

I would like to hear some feedback for the event and if you would like similar things to happen in the future or you prefer an other way of doing it (whenever it happens i add new things)

The concept behind it is that i want to get people involved into bringing to life certain parts of the realm. This can however come at a cost sometimes, because regardless how much work i put into something, i will not release it if the requirements are not met, once i decide on any requirements

Alternatively, i could spend that time working on other stuff, like item functionality instead of scene looks (clickables).

I like the concept of this and what it brought with it.

it created a community event to make it happen and many enjoyed the spark of life it brought with it.

For many i would guess clickables are no use they cant or make crappy quests.

clickables are of very high importance to thoes that bother to make good quests and use the community to help create

it is the modifications that make MD grow and become more of what players invest in.

I would echo what yrthilian is saying about clickables. A few years ago you issued a challenge encouraging people to try to build a compass quest in the clickables.  While building something along those lines I found it odd that there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to where clickables were or were not. I would say that putting a clickable in (almost) every scene could be very useful to those who would like to build something that spans the entire land.

I think this is a very good idea, trying to let the community act as a whole and less than individuals for some things. But I would like to see that the clickables could do something. I know all those new clickables will get features overtime. But it's maybe a bit unfair? to let us pay a lot of resources, for only a clickable that doesn't do anything yet. So maybe make those new clickables editable for questmakers?

• Root Admin

i intentionately keep functions of new clickables for later because i have a secret plan that might or might not work, to add some cyclicity in the real...

making them regular editable items will be the last solution if i won;t be able to make something else out of them

I thought the event was fun. (winning was obviously nice, but that's beside the point) I think clickables in general should be low priority, but I only said that because some of them make the scenes feel cluttered where they used to be elegant. Tranquil planes, and now the view, have both had a LOT of things added to them, and in such a small space, it really does make a huge change to the scene. 

On the other hand, the community aspect of the event was great, i'm glad we used glass even if I didn't have to melt any. It makes people more active, and more active people is a good thing. :)

I agree with dst. Looks like everything is becoming a bit "techno".

And why is there a bench in front of MB gates (and it's floating!)? I personally think key scenes shouldn't be changed/have something added (but then every scene is a bit "key"...with gates being very important among the important scenes)

~Aelis

Edit: Changed a bit the parenthesis part to make it clearer.

Edited by Aelis

• Root Admin

I agree with dst. Looks like everything is becoming a bit "techno".

And why is there a bench in front of MB gates (and it's floating!)? I personally think key scenes shouldn't be changed/have something added (but then every scene is a bit "key"...with gates being very important among the important scenes)

~Aelis

Edit: Changed a bit the parenthesis part to make it clearer.

Bench really does need to

A) be stopped floating but

B) be moved somewhere that isnt MB gates, that scene has enough items thanks

Requesting this, as King of MB :)