best thing about mur

I know this thread is uncalled for, but, the "worst thing about mur" is completely unbalanced. :)

I'm calling out to each and every one of you, especially the ones who posted in the other thread, to throw your best snowball of appreciation for what you consider the best thing about Mur to be.

I'll start.

I appreciate how you challenge us, how you so artfully put just enough order into chaos to hint at the shadowy outlines of each layer of MD patterns/symbols. You are never one to give answers, or really anything, away.  And even if it does not appear to be so, there are always reasons (and methods) behind your "madness."

Great idea!

Most people say what they appreciate about Mur already though. The point of the other thread was to be able to say any problems you had without him taking any action against you. Saying nice things generally doesn't result in negative actions being taken against you.

Anyway...

I love how MD is basically Mur's life and all the work he puts into it, you can tell he's really dedicated to this site and everything it means. That's probably my favorite thing about him.

What I like about MUR? 

He created what I dreamed of.

He had the guts to do something nobody else would do, because it´s absolute foolish to invest a lot of energy and time into something without getting profit out of it. The majority of people, the normality is so sure about this that they forget to life.

He did and is doing what his intuition tells him.

He is straight forward and mostly with heart, which I like.

He is who he is, and as long as you get to know him a bit you will find something astonishing in that. 

What? You've got the confirmation that Mur likes ass kisser so you are trying to become one? Don't bother. You are one already.

So I'm an ass-kisser because I am encouraging people to share what they appreciate about Mur with him?  I don't appreciate your use of that language to label me and be offensive.

Nor do I care what you think of my behavior.

• Root Admin

i believe such a topic is uncalled for, and also my reputation is highly overrated. Its not me that keeps MD alive, md is alive because of others that are far more involved than i am, and you should focus your attention towards them, if you want to thank someone for md growth. My merit ended a couple of years ago.

The only thing i consider myself good for in md, is my intuition regarding md chain of events/evolution, but thats something almost nobody respects or believes in anymore, so, i really don;t need such topic that simply repeats how awesome i am that i created md and bla bla.

Thank you

Well ill put my two cents in.

Needed or otherwise.

I know the best thing about Mur. Its not his creation of MD, thats taken its own life, and it took it a long time ago. Its not his ability to see into the future, more so than even Shadowseeker and the Council ever could.

Its his ability to see a small broken object lying in the ground and wonder what it could have been. What it currently is now. What he could make it once he repaired it.

its his ability to give a flying fuck, where no one else would even look twice.

And anyone can call me an asskisser. Anyone can tell me i licked a lot of asshole to get to where i am today.

But you dont know me. You dont know what i know. And you definitely dont know how i came to be where i am today.

So say what you will. I put in my two cents and ill stick by it.

Murs best quality?

His ability to be human, where no one would expect anyone to be.

i believe such a topic is uncalled for, and also my reputation is highly overrated. Its not me that keeps MD alive, md is alive because of others that are far more involved than i am, and you should focus your attention towards them, if you want to thank someone for md growth. My merit ended a couple of years ago.

The only thing i consider myself good for in md, is my intuition regarding md chain of events/evolution, but thats something almost nobody respects or believes in anymore, so, i really don;t need such topic that simply repeats how awesome i am that i created md and bla bla.

Thank you

A forum post saying how MD is alive because of you is unneeded, I agree. But I think a forum topic about the qualities we like best about you is stil a good idea, such as your ability to devote your life to a project like MD.

Edited by Jester

There was a quote somewhere on the main page, it went something like "80% of this game you can find by looking around and asking people, but the last 20% you need to find on your own." Something like that, sadly i couldn't find it just now. Anyways Mur, I agree 80% of the game is not kept alive by you in particular, but for the last 20% you are pretty important. Those who value the 80% game stuff definitely will not overrate you, but those who value the 20% non-game/experience stuff i can see having a tendency to worship you as a god. :)

There would be so much more to write from my side, why we need more of this kind as the opposite, but I try it this time with a picture. Maybe there is something in it, lets see.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2031]
Edited by Menhir

This game is amazing mur. Nothing has ever kept me this occupied. The goals are not set out in front of you and you have to search for them. I do like how you interact with the community, its more than most game creators could ever dream of doing in their lifetimes. I do like the people who you've given powers and I like that you were ready to break the "RPG" circle. I can't tell you how much this has improved my freetime. I think its a good thing for you to keep improving but at the same time I'm honestly envious that you are so successful in your game creation, advertization and the growing community that you have made. You have planted seeds alright. (get that reference? P.S. its from your game)

• 2 weeks later...