Changing the Time of Shared item regroup

Chewett

I am in favour of 1 week with notified reset in 1 time zone followed by random reset next week and then notified reset in 2nd time zone in the following week and then random reset in the week after that.

What I cant decide is whether pre notified day, random time would be better or random day random time would be better. Both seem to have pros and cons, though given the circumstances the second way seems like the lesser devil. Though if something like the second way is implemented, there should be atleast 1wk gap between the random reset and the preinformed reset.

Okay:

What about this idea:

Random respawn, but give a warning.  For example, for rain catchers, the weather will change to heavy rain a 24 hour period before the catchers respawn.  Or for herb gatherers, a given plant will glow orange and then the gatherers will respawn.

This will appeal to:

1.  Current holders of the item.  They have a fair chance of getting the item, it's not super random.

2.  People who want to get a hold of items.  They still have a fair chance because anyone can see the triggers and know that the item is going to respawn.

Now the respawn time could be entirely random or it could be based on some secret function.  For instance - how many times its rained, or how many people have passed by a given location (which would be hard to implement), or how many users have joined the game, or some function of any of these.

And the time between respawns should be at least greater than a week or two.

Feedback?

Awi

Edited by awiiya

For example, for rain catchers, the weather will change to heavy rain a 24 hour period before the catchers respawn.  Or for herb gatherers, a given plant will glow orange and then the gatherers will respawn.

24 hours rain ? That means 24 hour nonstop heavy gathering ?

You do know what will happen next, don't you ? or you haven't thought of it much ?

Anyway, I think MD should be about balance and what you're proposing is that for last day, one or few resources to be more abundant then others.

Neah, even if I could use it, I'll pass on that. Not a good feature. Too unbalanced.

24 hours rain ? That means 24 hour nonstop heavy gathering ?

You do know what will happen next, don't you ? or you haven't thought of it much ?

Anyway, I think MD should be about balance and what you're proposing is that for last day, one or few resources to be more abundant then others.

Neah, even if I could use it, I'll pass on that. Not a good feature. Too unbalanced.

No - I meant it will rain a normal period of time as a warning.

And some features aren't about balance.  Some features are about creation and interest.

Awi

• Root Admin

No - I meant it will rain a normal period of time as a warning.

And some features aren't about balance.  Some features are about creation and interest.

Awi

Balance is everything, the whole topic of murs favourtism, is about unbalanced giving. People are obsessed with it.

I see it like this:

Entropy - Balance - Syntropy.

Mur used to give things in a unbalanced yet syntropic way - certain people received things, and the rest of us figured that eventually if we worked we would too.  Now it seems more entropic, others see people receiving things, assume there must be favoritism involved, and do nothing.

However unbalance in and of itself is not negative.  The art is unbalance is pushing things in an evolving direction.  Some things have been pushed too far (the combat system, for instance, feels particularly tired), but other things have not been pushed enough (clickies, AL, citizenship).

But maybe I'm just being optimistic.  I keep hoping that eventually some thing that gets implemented will inspire us.

Awi

why not to just leave item regrouping regular like now but with changing times (+1 hour) so that ater a while all time zones will be covered.

For example on 1.01.2050 the regrouping happened on 00 st, then on 7.01 - 12 am st and then just add one hour to it so on 14.01 - 1 am ST, 21.01 - 1 pm etc. No favorism and everybody can plan their time.

So, I've had in my hands 1 gathering item ever. Which was given to me. So consider me fairly clueless.

I do know there's stuff in the MDA.

I also really like randomness.

But if I am going to 'need' these things for questing...I think I like some warning.

Mostly because if the randomness is more then a day, I'm going to have to go live in the mda for a few days to get an item.

Because I can't win a race to there, i'll be bogged down for 10 minutes waiting for AP if I get passed the gates.

So if I had to choose the fairest method, I'd be inclined to go for a way to prepare opposed to favoring the person whom can move the most rooms in MDA the fastest.

Which would be a preannounced random time, it can even be just the day before.

(again, I have no clue about making tea, what to do with the junk in my inventory, where candies come from, what colored papers do, why everyone needs water, just speaking from what I know. I can get stuff in the MDA if I could get there. And I can't win an AP race through viscos for sure seeing I am young. If I am utterly wrong on my assumptions, or if all these items aren't really meant for my level/age, then please do ignore this post)