Resource Balancing

I think all shared tools should work in the same way. Currently, buckets and saws need mb/lr loyalty to be grabbed and used, necro and gg tools need loyalty to be grabbed, but can be used by anybody, and herb baskets and tea sets can be grabbed and used by anybody.

I think it would promote tool trade and cooperation if all tools were set to be grabbed with a value of land loyalty, and used by anybody. On the other hand, if all tools are set to be used with their land's loyalty, it would promote the trade of resources. Both concepts have their pros and cons, i guess it's a matter of taste which one you like more.

I'm against the scattered system, though, where some lands have a monopoly for the use of some tools, and others not. I think that it'd be a sensible system to trade a bucket for a saw for a week, for example, and both parties can see how well they can use their time. Currently, the bucket guys are running around to get water week after week, and the saw guys run for wood week after week, and everybody gets bored on their routines.

I am OK with that too, I don't mind monopoles and tools trading as long as they trade.

I am from East. I can sell 100 candies  (for those that don't get them for free for their Elu), can I have water / stones / bones on them ? No. Why not ?

And ... if I manage to get 1 water tool ... what would I really get ? currently Nadrolski and gang (hmmmchewmmtoo) have depleted all water in NML & LR & MDA. Can you consider any item trade with them ... fair ?

Please explain how this can work.

I waited long to reply but here we go! :)

My suggestion:

Rename Memorystones to Stones, increase the amounts and  create random stone resources upon harvesting like the herbs (coal, granite, shale, sandstone, flint, memorystone, etc.). This could allow future expandability without adding a new resource later.

I have not collected stones so this suggestion should be taken with  a grain of salt and input should be sought from those who do gather them.

Stones idea is great! Memory stones could come randomly from a list of other "rock" materials. That's the exact functionality of herbs and hence it should be simple to implement.

How about you get a different byproduct when you collect from certain areas.

For example: you collect memory stones from GG, you get something (mountain related). You collect from Necro you got something else (something that you'd get by collecting in a plain's mine).

That's the current situation. SOME of the items gives byproducts while others not. I think a list can be made by community with which gives what and we can work to suggest improvements.

However I still think Laphers idea is good.

i know its not so much about balance, in the sense that you wanted, but, whats the reason for the resources being the way they are? with max regen at 2/3, is it possible that it could be changed to the value of ideal regen and provide max regen from 0 resources? 

ie. a place with 20 resources is harvested to 14 for max regen with a total of 6 gathered, change the location to 6 resources available but provide max regen per day, 

/Sy

The system is set up, as such, so that people can deplete and then harm the regeneration rate if they want. That isnt going to change because thats one of the "community" aspects. While it would remove much/all controversy around the gathering below the "good" maximum its not how it was meant/suggested to be.

Indeed. System as it is with regeneration stuff helps community to work together. Forces some sort of communication. if communication doesn't happen then the balance should be broken and it is why regen gets slower.

What in my opinion is important to scatter some resources more across several lands. Like the bones they are only availeble to get in NC. And it would be great if some kind of team walms along some scenes to add extra resources to them. As the pump in the tribunal, you would expect that there will be water, but there is none. One could say its a dry pump, but its more fun when it has some logical function. There must be also other examples, but I do not know them.

Well why you dont suggest a detailed list with which resources should be moved (where they are currently, where they should be moved, and why). If the admins, coders, etc don't see concrete suggestions with community backup I dont think things are going to happen.

this leaves room for a mining group or guild

preferable based in the underground (rocky environment) as GG allready has a guild (fusioneers) and 2 private tools (fenths & memory stones)

MD shouldn't get more guilds. We are a very small community and I dont think dividing even more the players into groups will help.

I think all shared tools should work in the same way. Currently, buckets and saws need mb/lr loyalty to be grabbed and used, necro and gg tools need loyalty to be grabbed, but can be used by anybody, and herb baskets and tea sets can be grabbed and used by anybody.

I think it would promote tool trade and cooperation if all tools were set to be grabbed with a value of land loyalty, and used by anybody. On the other hand, if all tools are set to be used with their land's loyalty, it would promote the trade of resources. Both concepts have their pros and cons, i guess it's a matter of taste which one you like more.

I'm against the scattered system, though, where some lands have a monopoly for the use of some tools, and others not. I think that it'd be a sensible system to trade a bucket for a saw for a week, for example, and both parties can see how well they can use their time. Currently, the bucket guys are running around to get water week after week, and the saw guys run for wood week after week, and everybody gets bored on their routines.

Well problem with loyalty is that Main Lands get mostly everything while "Neutral" lands not. The idea of resource ballancing should cover this aspect. So we as community can balance where gathering items are located and if more of x gathering items should be created and where to assign them.

As a random idea:

What if we get to sell our resources to the game? I mean someking of trade place where we get gold, silver, etc in exchange of the resources or certain items we possess. That involves a good balancing of items and a very well designed system. But i think it would give a major purpose to resources and will make people work harder to get them. Just an idea.

B

And ... if I manage to get 1 water tool ... what would I really get ? currently Nadrolski and gang (hmmmchewmmtoo) have depleted all water in NML & LR & MDA. Can you consider any item trade with them ... fair ?

Simple, you don't trade with them. They need the east for candies and tea, and probably the autumn-project will create even more links between the lands. If they always harvest all the water themselves, they won't find anybody who's interested in trading their tools with them. Once they need another land's tools, they'll reduce their own harvesting until they find trade partners.

What if we get to sell our resources to the game? I mean someking of trade place where we get gold, silver, etc in exchange of the resources or certain items we possess. That involves a good balancing of items and a very well designed system. But i think it would give a major purpose to resources and will make people work harder to get them. Just an idea.

This sounds like a silver-generator which would greatly increase rate of inflation and lower the inventive for people to buy coins in the shop, which would cut the finances even more. It'd also make the resource game less cooperative. I don't think that's a good solution, really.

Simple, you don't trade with them. They need the east for candies and tea, and probably the autumn-project will create even more links between the lands. If they always harvest all the water themselves, they won't find anybody who's interested in trading their tools with them. Once they need another land's tools, they'll reduce their own harvesting until they find trade partners.

This sounds like a silver-generator which would greatly increase rate of inflation and lower the inventive for people to buy coins in the shop, which would cut the finances even more. It'd also make the resource game less cooperative. I don't think that's a good solution, really.

You missed the point. The east has no tool to offer. All its items are free and rarely used. And candies are given for free - see the Caretakers' offer.

So, fix the issue with the other lands' tools and then think again on imposing monopoles.

Doesn't have necessary to be gold, silver, perhaps certain spell stones, items, etc. Something that incentive people to use cualdron items and gathering tools?It would be the solution and balance to the harvesting, because not only a few will be interested in getting resources, but many will. Maybe someone have suggestions or better ways to make this happen?

We're talking about theories, not current state of things, and in the theory where you trade for an MD bucket, lands of east has the candy and tea tools to offer, because nobody but east people can pick them up. If the caretakers give out the products of east lands freely, it's something to be solved within the east land allies, not a global problem.

Doesn't have necessary to be gold, silver, perhaps certain spell stones, items, etc. Something that incentive people to use cualdron items and gathering tools?It would be the solution and balance to the harvesting, because not only a few will be interested in getting resources, but many will. Maybe someone have suggestions or better ways to make this happen?

I understand, you mean a way to trade (resources, items, whatever). As I remember, the only thing against this was "the need" for human interaction to trade stuff.

I don't agree with this interaction as now all trade is moved on forum instead of being in-game.

+1 for the market ;)

We're talking about theories, not current state of things, and in the theory where you trade for an MD bucket, lands of east has the candy and tea tools to offer, because nobody but east people can pick them up. If the caretakers give out the products of east lands freely, it's something to be solved within the east land allies, not a global problem.

The demand for tea (that expires) and candy (that expire) is so low that I am surprised that ppl remember the items.

From my point of view, those items are similar to the "shared herb baskets" : everybody can get them, not enough ppl are interested.

No, that example for LotE is not fair. Disregarding that it is not fair, what about the other "neutral" lands ?

Edited by No one

I understand, you mean a way to trade (resources, items, whatever). As I remember, the only thing against this was "the need" for human interaction to trade stuff.

I don't agree with this interaction as now all trade is moved on forum instead of being in-game.

+1 for the market ;)

Yup and even interaction will happen. Because lets say I want X item or spell available on shop and I need X resource or cualdron type generated item to "purchase" it. I will certainly will speak to someone and try to exchange my resources for his. Moreover, we will have people working together to generate those cualdron type items.

I dont see many negative things, but it is up to community if they like idea or not.

The only possible negative for this 'market' is that it makes the possibility of trade embargos less possible.

In the Market, the trade should still be done between ppl. Just the availability should be more obvious.

And maybe, just maybe, there will be available the trade of fixed amounts of resources (a.k.a. splitting the resources).

And maybe, just maybe, there will be available the trade of fixed amounts of resources (a.k.a. splitting the resources).

I'd suggest agaisnt this, as Mur already stated teh reasons, and that idea's been discussed before.    :)

As for Balance.... Time will tell.

I'm not fully understanding your chain of thought No one.

MB people notice you deplete resources and portray their concern to you, you react aggravated and respond that you are forced to deplete because MBians collect water.

Such state continues and you start dragging around MB's name in the forum mud.

Now we say - if you're gonna deplete all the water, why wouldn't we take it instead of you?

Still you are not approving of us. What would you like us do? One week we take some water, the next week you?

As far as I know in all this time, you never approached related MB people to ask politely can we help you out regarding water resource.

So basically you are flaming people of MB for not having self-initiative to come to you to help you with your own problems, you a veteran of MD who has a pretty strong character and have a mouth of your own?

What's exactly the problem you have with us, can't seem to understand...?

In the worst case, you received the same reaction from certain MB citizens that you gave to all of us first.

The system of resources is indeed unbalanced, which is not MB's fault, and we are supposed to discuss possible alternatives here, is there any practical point in continuing your forum shoot-out with Marind Bell?

In reply to [spoiler]

I'm not fully understanding your chain of thought No one.

MB people notice you deplete resources and portray their concern to you, you react aggravated and respond that you are forced to deplete because MBians collect water.

Such state continues and you start dragging around MB's name in the forum mud.

Now we say - if you're gonna deplete all the water, why wouldn't we take it instead of you?

Still you are not approving of us. What would you like us do? One week we take some water, the next week you?

As far as I know in all this time, you never approached related MB people to ask politely can we help you out regarding water resource.

So basically you are flaming people of MB for not having self-initiative to come to you to help you with your own problems, you a veteran of MD who has a pretty strong character and have a mouth of your own?

What's exactly the problem you have with us, can't seem to understand...?

In the worst case, you received the same reaction from certain MB citizens that you gave to all of us first.

The system of resources is indeed unbalanced, which is not MB's fault, and we are supposed to discuss possible alternatives here, is there any practical point in continuing your forum shoot-out with Marind Bell?

[/spoiler]

Hi Rhaegar,

Indeed it seems that you didn't understood the problem and I am sorry that I am still misunderstood. I will write some more here. Maybe it will help.

First of all, Nad complained repeatedly not me,  and all my quarrel is with him (see his posts).

Second, I repeatedly said that I will not deplete water, nor I want to. But I will go below the levels you impose if you collect before me (as you usually do).

If you took water from one place but left untouched another, I am an idiot to say that I will deplete. But I will thank you for it leaving some to me (don't expect anything in writing to all MB).

Offtopic: [spoiler]

But I don't like "your" attitude that "nad is a good boy", "Nad gives 500 to each MB" and so on.

Just let me know what is his reason for growing his gardening stats (if I am not mistaken , it should be above 10 gardening) ?

Also, he stated that he doesn't need water but in just 2 days he managed to get over 8000 water (logs don't lie).

So, aside Nad with his quarrel, there is a problem of attitude of MB. I don't like it but I congratulate you for trying to keep the complete monopole of water.

[/spoiler]

So, as I am not part of MB nor I will ever be (I think I did applied once, maybe I am wrong) it is in my own interest to protect myself from not-so-fortunate events and deals or trades.

That is why I don't like when someone unknowingly puts an equal sign between MB & LotE (or other less unfortunate lands) in terms of tools and resources.

Indeed we are supposed to discuss possible alternatives here.

And the attitude "which is not MB's fault" is not helping. I proposed stuff and I still support changes for ALL lands. But I will not accept proposals of new "enforced" monopoles.

As long as MB does not try something nasty, I really have nothing to do with them. If we are to talk about balance, then lets keep it about balanced.

Edited by No one

ON TOPIC:   In Lands affiliations & tags you can find my proposals for balancing a little ALL lands.

Also, down below in that topic you can find some other good proposals.

Let me know if you need me to copy/paste all proposals into a single post.

But I think that each proposal should be considered independently.

My idea game with talking some newer playing just now. Is that a lot of the beginning MP3's are curious about tools and harvesting resources. So my idea is to make sure certain new or existing tools will be easier accesible by beginning players. So that they have more to do in MD, and thus we will also keep more players in MD.