things i noticed in first few hours

Ary Endleg

hi there i am new, i guess this post would go here...?

didnt saw any pinned topic on how to post bug report, so here it goes

i got this when i clicked inventory button on right
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/bar/inventory.php on line 42
i also got pretty much same error when i completed registration form, just on different line i think it was line 352

after beating last shade you get offered principle choice, but on first pick theres only 9 choices "one is missing", in fact first button gives you time and entropiei

sometimes when clicking on shadows it gave me some error saying something like: "illegal action reported keeping on this will get you banned" i asked live help, mralyon said it happens sometimes, so i guess thats known issue?

STARTUP BONUS: Adding 2506 combo vitality bonus for first 5 fights

this gave me a lot of trouble.... because i wanted to win the game with just healers hehe and as read around about combat it seems to me it would be plausible if this newbie bonus didnt popup each time (except shadow #4, its weaken stack on same creature is too strong)
regardless of my foolish intentions and headaches i found out that it doesnt work as it claims to work, i lost like 15 fights against shadows and it keep poping up, so i assumed it would stop when i beat 5 of them, but even after 5 shadows killed it still poped up in fight against 6th shadow

i encountered two more problems with overall interface, and yes i have latest windows patch, firefox update and flash update, my screen is 1280x1024 and well i must say that text size inside game is causing me eye strain, so if i increase it in browser it still doesnt look right/comfortable cause of relation to other elements on page
other solution i tried is to increase browser zoom on everything but then flash elements start looking like minecraft, so if i fix one problem something else gets bad and it aint really comfortable to play

there is also problem about text being partial in creature page on flash icons saying stuff like 1% vitality instead of 100% and 2/2 instead of 200/200

so i wonder is there a way to zoom everythin on page except location picture, i think that would solve my problem

in case you are wondering why i didnt provided pictures of it, i would have upload screenshots but unsure where to upload without registering and ending getting my inbox full of spam

ou and so far game is quite different than any other (it has pokemons, it has open rp elements like myrealms, it has mystery, so i guess i will stay awhile) and that orange help button showed me some nice and helpful people

Edited by Ary Endleg

• Root Admin

hi there i am new, i guess this post would go here...?
didnt saw any pinned topic on how to post bug report, so here it goes

First of all, welcome again, and thanks for doing this as it really helps :) If you find me ingame i can give you some items to play around with.

i got this when i clicked inventory button on right
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/bar/inventory.php on line 42
i also got pretty much same error when i completed registration form, just on different line i think it was line 352

I will look into that, thanks.

after beating last shade you get offered principle choice, but on first pick theres only 9 choices "one is missing", in fact first button gives you time and entropiei

Yeah i reported that bug a while ago to Mur (the games creator) before i was also programming for the game, i will try and look into it "soon" but im currently only working on a very small subset of the code because of personal reasons.

sometimes when clicking on shadows it gave me some error saying something like: "illegal action reported keeping on this will get you banned" i asked live help, mralyon said it happens sometimes, so i guess thats known issue?

Yeah that message should be improved, again as above, will look into it later.

STARTUP BONUS: Adding 2506 combo vitality bonus for first 5 fights

this gave me a lot of trouble.... because i wanted to win the game with just healers hehe and as read around about combat it seems to me it would be plausible if this newbie bonus didnt popup each time (except shadow #4, its weaken stack on same creature is too strong)
regardless of my foolish intentions and headaches i found out that it doesnt work as it claims to work, i lost like 15 fights against shadows and it keep poping up, so i assumed it would stop when i beat 5 of them, but even after 5 shadows killed it still poped up in fight against 6th shadow

I guess its the first 5 fights, meaning the first 5 shades, rather than battles. A tad confusing. Also fighting the shades was trying to get you to recruit aramors instead of healers :P

i encountered two more problems with overall interface, and yes i have latest windows patch, firefox update and flash update, my screen is 1280x1024 and well i must say that text size inside game is causing me eye strain, so if i increase it in browser it still doesnt look right/comfortable cause of relation to other elements on page
other solution i tried is to increase browser zoom on everything but then flash elements start looking like minecraft, so if i fix one problem something else gets bad and it aint really comfortable to play

Yeah thats the problem at the moment, we dont allow people to easily increase the size of font in the game. This is one of the compatability issues we have and once i have finished some work on CODENAME OMEGA it will hopefully be much easier to have bigger sized fonts. I also have issues with the font size (due to being exceptionally poor sighted) but until OMEGA is ready changing it will be a global thing, rather than for specific users.

there is also problem about text being partial in creature page on flash icons saying stuff like 1% vitality instead of 100% and 2/2 instead of 200/200

This is again a known Bug, i am attempting to get Mur to fix it (i only do smaller changes to the flash and he recently changed it) but he is being frustrating with it.

so i wonder is there a way to zoom everythin on page except location picture, i think that would solve my problem

At the moment, there isnt, sorry.

in case you are wondering why i didnt provided pictures of it, i would have upload screenshots but unsure where to upload without registering and ending getting my inbox full of spam

http://imgur.com is a very good website to upload images, i recommend it. No registration required.

ou and so far game is quite different than any other (it has pokemons, it has open rp elements like myrealms, it has mystery, so i guess i will stay awhile) and that orange help button showed me some nice and helpful people

Good to see live help, helps you :)

few toys to play with sounds good, i will come pick them for sure, hopefully they aint harmful, i dislike doing harm ^^

I guess its the first 5 fights, meaning the first 5 shades, rather than battles. A tad confusing. Also fighting the shades was trying to get you to recruit aramors instead of healers :P

well it still applied on 6th and 7th shade, i will see if it still applies now that i am outside of tutorial, but i guess that would be noticed by now?

There are a lot of things out there for people who want to play Healers to utilize. There are heal spells, resurrection items, even a creature that can heal your enemies instead of yourself ;)

You actually came at the right time, the creature that heals your opponents is one of the special Christmas creatures, so you might have a chance to get one. It's normally a creature you need to spend credits to get, but if you do Quests then you might win one as a reward. (there is also a link at the top of the MD page that you can use to get free credits, I highly recommend it. Some of the most powerful fighters in MD have never spent a cent on the game, since you can get roughly 2 credits every 8 days).

There might also be a "quest creators" quest running for Christmas, the treasure keepers alliance and Council often run those for major community events (like the birthday party). If you have any good ideas for a quest and can organize to run them, they often handle all the rewarding of them and also give you gifts, if its a good quest (there will be an announcement with details on what you need to do to qualify anytime these run)

All but three quests in MD are player run, so there are a lot of really interesting things to uncover ;)

• Root Admin

finally

such an insight from someone new is a gold mine :D People in here are quite used with md as it is and we often never see such things.

Thank you for the post.

Chew, thanks for checking things out even if you are in "vacation mode" :)

http://magicduel.com/players/Ary_Endleg

public profile place where weapon set should be displayed

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/member.php on line 378

this wasnt there before, i used pass papers and it said weapon bonus wont count for next 2 days, i guess thats the cause

• Root Admin

http://magicduel.com/players/Ary_Endleg

public profile place where weapon set should be displayed

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/member.php on line 378

this wasnt there before, i used pass papers and it said weapon bonus wont count for next 2 days, i guess thats the cause

Yeah known minor bug, no one has ever got around to fixing it. I fixed it in interface but not on that page.