Find the hidden number

Muratus del Mur

The number could be anything, but I'll guess 3723020102.

Oh, and just so no one else takes it: 3723212. If my second guess is correct though, MRAlyon should get the wishpoint. (3723020102 makes more sense than 7321322, IMO, but 7321322 makes far more sense than 3723212.).

More guesses:

12. (Getting rid of repeats, the numbers in order are 0123579 with the differences being 111222. The next number in 111222 is 3, and 9+3=12).

77773271372323222337 (Like MRAlyon's, except for I'm replacing the numbers with how many times they appear each time instead of once).

2001002104 (SUM(11113517)0 SUM(19)0, etc.)

123 (Because of 11113517019023529031)

There's tons of 'simple' answers to this question.

Edited by Change

Maybe this is just a "I'm giving a WP to whoever the hell I damn want to" quest. If Mur were to give out "favors" in the forms of wishpoints to people openly then there would be lots of criticism, but if he uses a dummy quest such as this one Mur can launder his favors and give out whatever he wants and receive little to no criticism.

• Root Admin

Valoryn wins!

Congratulations :)

The explenation, the hidden numbers are hidden evenly between two digit prime numbers. It was more of a visual pattern finding challenge than a math one.

More details: the first 1 was for decoy purposes, to make you doubt about the first "11" prime.

Visually there is a 2 digit spacing between the number 1, that is enough to see the first primes 11 13 17 19 in the series. A wild try to see if the remaining numbers 23 29 31 are also prime would have revealed the only numbers that are surplus, the result 150050

Edited by Muratus del Mur
Details

• Root Admin

Maybe this is just a "I'm giving a WP to whoever the hell I damn want to" quest. If Mur were to give out "favors" in the forms of wishpoints to people openly then there would be lots of criticism, but if he uses a dummy quest such as this one Mur can launder his favors and give out whatever he wants and receive little to no criticism.

I have been talking him about this. Just because no one publicly has criticized him, doesnt mean he hasnt been criticized. But i doubt anyone else has said anything because thats how MD is, no one speaks against Mur.

While i disagree that he is laundering his favors, i pointed out in my email to him that if anyone else were to run a quest like this they would not be permitted to reward a wishpoint, let alone run it. We are still discussing it.

I have been talking him about this. Just because no one publicly has criticized him, doesnt mean he hasnt been criticized. But i doubt anyone else has said anything because thats how MD is, no one speaks against Mur.While i disagree that he is laundering his favors, i pointed out in my email to him that if anyone else were to run a quest like this they would not be permitted to reward a wishpoint, let alone run it. We are still discussing it.

I agree. Example being John constantine's quest. If this quest can be rewarded with a wishpoint, his quest should be too. Especially because it is MD themed and more... 'useful'.

P.s- though, considering the number of contestants there, it might not be worth awarding a wishpoint. But I can't neglect the thought that I was one of the people who was against him rewarding a wishpoint for his quest. Maybe a wishpoint would've attracted more participants.

Edited by Nimrodel

One of the ways to avoid accusations of favouritism in these situations is for contest runners to explain how the solution was achieved. That is something Mur actually did.

If Mur wanted to display favouritism he has far more effective ways, believe you me (for example he could have just asked the person he wanted to reward what they would spend the wish on, and give them that instead - much harder to trace when no-one knows about it. Except dst. She knows all)

This said, I have my own opinions as to the fairness of this quest and its reward. But that is no-ones business but my own, since Mur is a Demon, and while Demons follow rules, they follow their own rules.

• Root Admin

I find it sad (not to mention offending too) that any of you think i would need to "launder" favors in this way :(

The only thing i consider myself "guilty" of, is that the reward was too high..probably. I am not even sure of that..just count the number of people that tried, including high profile quest "solvers", and none found the solution..but someone relatively new did. The quest was aimed to find a certain type of ability so to call it, i explained my reasons before already. A low reward, sadly, would have kept powerful and rich quest solvers away, and i wanted them to participate too.

First of all if i want to give something out as a favor, i would simply do it as a favor, as i always did and always will do. I can actually afford doing that, unlike most of you that is. I can hide it if i want to, i am fully able to do it in much more creative ways if i want to _REALLY_ hide it...and creating a dummy quest would simply affect my own quest creator image.

I made this quest fully transparent, explained all of it, all of you had a chance to it, i don't think it can get anymore fair than this.

I wonder what if someone from the old players would have won this, like lets say ..dst.., i wonder what then.

Next time be afraid to participate in my "quests" because everyone might accuse you because you where "favored" (sarcasm)

That being said, thank you all for participating and for your opinions on my rewarding style. The wishpoint was given and will stay, (pick a reason: 1) it is fully legal and valid 2) i gave it and wp given by me are not to be voided) , and i am glad it went to someone i never interacted with before.

As Chew suggested, i will lower my rewards from now on,..but not just lower it, i will ..you will see...

---

I just saw i received a pm from the winner, that i will share with you (i hope he win't mind)...so you won't blame him for getting this wp (wp that i will NOT take away, regardless of his message). In the future please reply publicly and do not send me pm's to things that are discussed publicly.

--

Greetings,

I would like to add my voice to those who think that a wish point for this quest was too high a reward, no matter how strange it may seem to be said from the one who won it in the first place. But comparing this almost effortless victory of sorts (it was pure luck that I saw the pattern of the prime numbers and the ones in between them within 20 minutes after I started working on this) with the two days of constant, intense and unbearable headache I had when I was trying to solve the Broken Pattern Gazebo Puzzle a few months ago, which was a really tough one and gave exactly the same reward, makes me feel that earning a wish point this time was too much.

I honestly don't mind if the wish point is revoked, even without me being given anything as a replacement. Rewards were never a motivation for me, regardless of their value. I prefer to participate in quests for the story they tell, the knowledge they can provide about the realm or just as a means to distract myself from Real Life or to work my mind a bit, as it was in this case.

I know I risk sounding ungrateful in regards to this reward (even more so if the decision for me to keep it is final), but I felt the need to make my thoughts known in this matter. Thank you in advance for considering them.

I feel to make an comment.

I dont think that anyone seriously tought that Mur did want to laundry some prize.

At least it never came to me as such even if I made some try and was not getting the solution.

For me seeing all that , I like to think that there was one comment, either given as an jest, or a comment from frustration of not getting the answer that was only letting out that feeling of not solving.

Valoryn, you have earn that prize

I agree with you, Tom Pouce!!

It´s a bit hard for me to write this now, because.. you see: I´m new and I think, taking a stand always gets you more new enemies than friends.

But I do now. For my inner voice cries for it - if I can say it like this.

For I am new in this forums and in the realm, I may not know everything about the little intrigues or blasphemies, that may go around here.

But they do - this is, what i realized, yet.

I´ve read some topics and forum threads and there are things like this readable very often.

Being new anywhere isn´t always the worst, because.. it has the advantage that I can come here very impartial.

The first thing I thought, that I entered the realm was something like: "Wow!! What a great world! What a great community! Everybody helpful, everybody friendly. A world, just to grow. For me, for my role, to grow!! A world, where everyone can be, however he want´s to be. Something like freedom.." (I don´t know, if this is understandable..?!) I was so much.. impressed, overwhelmed..

When I first made my walk through the forums, fulfilled with the impressions of the realm, I found those some topics, that are the same way as this one now. And I thought: "Oh no! Also here distrust? Envy? Intrigues?"

This is really really a very pity!!!

So I please you: Don´t be envious. Don´t be bad.

Isn´t it just great to be part of that realm, part of that forum? To design it? Why always looking for the futile bad things? Of course: you can always find something to whinge about. But the reasons are mostly internal. And those reasons make such a great project become "normal", become "egoistic", become like a platform, we all do know from our "outer" lifes, from the "outer" world.

Hey, people out there: it´s up to us!!! It´s our choice! Do we really want to make this "world" here - the realm and the forums - make a world, we all know, yet?

Stay excited! Stay intent! Stay creative! Stay childlike! Wonder about everything! Ask about everything! Be generous! Be sympathetic (- also by being happy about another one´s win)!

Let´s keep that a wonder(ful place).

So..

..this is, what I wanted to say..

By the way: it was a nice little puzzle - I like the one´s like this. :)

For the next time, I may know better, what to look for and where to keep an eye on.

Congrats, Valoryn!

I found those some topics, that are the same way as this one now. And I thought: "Oh no! Also here distrust? Envy? Intrigues?"

This is really really a very pity!!!

So I please you: Don´t be envious. Don´t be bad.

Isn´t it just great to be part of that realm, part of that forum? To design it? Why always looking for the futile bad things? Of course: you can always find something to whinge about. But the reasons are mostly internal. And those reasons make such a great project become "normal", become "egoistic", become like a platform, we all do know from our "outer" lifes, from the "outer" world.

It depends on your point of view. What you see as distrust and envy and negativity and ego, I see as Diversity, Strength in one's own belief and ambition. MD would be boring if it were all roses and candies. The forums bring out the best and the worst in everyone of us. In so many ways. It provides you experience regarding how people are in real life and to what extent things can go wrong or right. How you can get blind support or how you can be crushed mercilessly. It is a game that is based on survival of the fittest. It will be cold and harsh at many points. So take all the negativity and the hate as a learning oppurtunity too.

Ok.. I'll stop spamming now :3

One small remark: don't take me as a benchmark. I got that amount of WPs in a time when WPs were the only available reward. I did win some other quests since then but I am defo not what I used to be (heh...old age :D).

The forums bring out the best and the worst in everyone of us.

Well.. nice said!!

Yes, you´re right - that are great words and I will keep them in my mind. Thanks for `em.

And.. yes, you are right: the realm would be very boring, if everything was nice and beauty and good.

For me, I think.. I think, I´m just tired of.. hmm.. how to say? Tired of all those envy and distrust and..

You know, these days you are overwhelmed with so many things. Always have to have the most popular things, to be "in" and modern.

I am so tired of that ellbow society, commanded by egoism, greed, dark glances and distrust. When I look around in the "outer" world, I see those things everywhere, every day, propagandized by the medias..

I just was sad to see, that it is the same here - as I thought.

Maybe - because I´m new - that opinion was made to early. Or.. maybe I just brought my "outer" fatigue here. (What, by the way, would mean, that I did, what I denunciated in the upper post).

Thanks for your comment. It´s good.

It makes me thinking a bit more far, taking a step back and looking on the theme again with some distance.

Maybe the solution is somewhere in the middle..?