Forum Death Quest does not deserve a WP to be given

Chewett

• Root Admin

As per my post in http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13872-forum-death-quest/?p=146213 I would like my wishpoint to be removed.

The quest was not one that should ever be repeated, There was no learning nor any serious entries. Specifically in my case it was detrimental to both Mur, Council and the general public as i was not going on the forum. I ended my participation early due to a need to do some forum work relating to my coding for MD.

This quest should not have had a wishpoint sponsored for it, and the winner, me, should not have been given it. Since i am the one who achieved the WP i feel i am perfectly within my rights to demand it be removed on the grounds that it was not a valid quest since it does not affect anyone else.

Please PC decide if it was a valid quest and if you want to be giving wishpoints out for such petty and detrimental quests.

As Mur said, the forums are part of the game and he felt the quest was exceptionally poor.

Thanks.

i find it hard to think of this as a quest at all, there was no effort involved in doing something "productive". the quest was counter intuitive, counter productive, and served only to be damaging in the case of chews absence while on this quest, the others did not really submit much that could be considered a quest entry, or something that could be proved of them as having met the conditions of the quest, which, were highly subjective and without much of a way to prove them. This quest was a considered waste of time. i do think though, that it is down to the sponsor if they want to sponsor a WP or not, and this would be a reason for it not to be removed, considering the circumstances, and chews decision to want the WP removed, im inclined to say that i would agree for chew to have the WP removed and for the person who sponsored it to have the WP returned

Sy

EDIT: the above, and my post below are my own personal opinion and will be discussed more with the other members of the PC

Edited by Syrian

• Root Admin

i do think though, that it is down to the sponsor if they want to sponsor a WP or not, and this would be a reason for it not to be removed

Sy

So you are ignoring the rules about wishpoints need to be valid, for appropriate and useful quests and are required to have shown some form of effort to actually attain them?

Based on your view there, am i allowed to make an entirely subjective quest and repeatedly reward my friends?

This is nice reading material: Ann. 2008 - [2011-09-02 20:52:08 - Stage 11]

Edited by Chewett

regarding the rule and my apparently confusing post, ill just make it clear that, i do not think that this quest was valid to receive a WP. and with learning of the rule mentioned in "Ann. 2008 - [2011-09-02 20:52:08 - Stage 11]" (that i only learnt of after my initial post)  then i would say that no, this quest has no merit to be worthy of a WP and should not have been awarded one, and the WP should be revoked

Sy

So you are ignoring the rules about wishpoints need to be valid, for appropriate and useful quests and are required to have shown some form of effort to actually attain them?
Based on your view there, am i allowed to make an entirely subjective quest and repeatedly reward my friends?
This is nice reading material: Ann. 2008 - [2011-09-02 20:52:08 - Stage 11]

While the quest didn't seem to go that great, after talking to Acky, I realised that the intent and motive behind the quest was pretty positive... There are cases like that when the quest doesn't really go the way it was planned and changing the promised reward after the quest would seem more suspicious especially because there was no prerequisite to the rewards mentioned. Rather than subjecting someone to the humiliation of removing the wishpoint they've rewarded someone with, I suggest, an authoritative body take some action in the future quests in which wps would be given out. If Ackie's wp is to be removed, then please remove the wp Mur rewarded for his find the number quest as well. Else any other kind of reasoning would be bs.

• Root Admin

I suggest, an authoritative body take some action in the future quests in which wps would be given out. If Ackie's wp is to be removed, then please remove the wp Mur rewarded for his find the number quest as well. Else any other kind of reasoning would be bs.

I talked to Mur about that, he said he was a special case and could do what he wants. Ack however does not have this privilage. So i dont think you can compare them, let alone get Mur to actually take his way, unless ofc PC wants to try this which would be amusing.

I talked to Mur about that, he said he was a special case and could do what he wants. Ack however does not have this privilage. So i dont think you can compare them, let alone get Mur to actually take his way, unless ofc PC wants to try this which would be amusing.

I agree. I am curious to see whether PC chooses to be 'just' and impartial or Mur biased. :3

I have looked carefully over ann. 2008 a few times...

If you want to try and make sure you are not accused of trading wishpoints your quest should be well publicized. The results and winners should be well displayed including what they did, wrote, accomplished for their winning and the description field of the wishpoint should be properly filled in with reference to the quest and their part in it.

Since I haven't yet done a really good job of this, you or Council may of course try accusing me....

From now on all Wishpoint's awarded shall be looked at to make sure that they are valid. This will include asking the creators for proof of the quest, The entries and other information. If they are not found to be convincing enough reason, and/or we find you have merely given wishpoints away to a friend or as payment for creatures both parties may receive punishment.

It is up to the player awarding the wishpoints to properly document their quest and who they are rewarded. This includes keeping information that the quester has submitted and making the WP description clear enough to be considered valid. If we contact you about your quest or rewards we will want to see this information.

I will do my best to provide all information required to ascertain the validity of the wish point if the anouncement's authors or PC choose to hold me accountable and request it.

It is up to the player awarding the wishpoints to properly document their quest and who they are rewarded...If you fail to provide any or enough evidence we may decide to remove the wishpoints given out, and possibly punish you depending on the severity of the case.
Thus, if someone don't choose to request the information described earlier but PC chooses to remove Falronn's wishpoint from Chewett per Chewett's request in the other thread (i.e. because he harmed the game), then Falronn should almost certainly receive a new code.  

Alternatively, Chewett could just keep the point, and not use it out of principle.

added the announcement as it relates, replaced some pronouns with antecedents

juggled the announcement quotes a bit to clarify some more some more

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

To be clear, above I am addressing this:

This is nice reading material: Ann. 2008 - [2011-09-02 20:52:08 - Stage 11]

The rules are that you can request information about the things mentioned in the announcement if there's a doubt.  I as the one awarding the wish point am responsible for the things assigned to me in the announcement, and if you raise a question about one of those things and don't like my answer, then I may be punished according to the severity of my negligence of those things, and the wishpoint may be removed from the game.

This would be one case.  The other case is if those things aren't in question and the quest itself was valid. 

In that case, Chewett's request is off his own dime i.e. because he wants to have his wishpoint removed because he didn't like my quest and didn't like the effects of his entry, and he feels himself receiving the wishpont is a waste of that wishpoint, and the wish point giving privilege should be returned to the one who exerted it hoping for a good entry in my valid quest with wish point reward, and was disappointed.

• 1 month later...

The Public Council decided to remove WP awarded to Chewett for the Forum Death Quest. We consider such quest to be harmful for MD and as such,  shouldnt be awarded with Wishpoints. Moreover, the winner of the quest does not wish to accept the given reward

Edited by Syrian