Transposition in rhythm and sound

Eara Meraia

This is meant to be a little in between entertainment for those who enjoy music of all kinds.

In this tiny quest you have a chance to be both – participant and a judge at once. You have to be able to think musically and know a couple of songs to fulfill the task.

How does it work?

1. Sign in in this thread (until  Aug. 29, 23:59 ST)

2. Get a randomly assigned person (from the pool of people who are also participating)

3. After you found out the name of that person (name must be kept in secret) you have exactly 1 week of time (Sept. 1 - Sept 8.) to find a song that characterizes this person best of all (we are talking about MD characters, not real people!). Both music and lyrics will be counted.

4. During the week you send me the link with the song and a short paragraph (up to 150 words) explaining why this particular song matches the person so well.

5. The song and explanation will be forwarded to a person and 2 more judges, who will decide how much does your song matches the character. (judges will have a number of criteria)

6. You will have to judge a song and a passage somebody else (persons name will be hidden until the end of the quest) wrote about you.

7. After all judges and participants made up their minds the scores will be counted and the winner announced.

8. You have to be ready that both - songs and explanations are to be posted on forum for amusement of the rest of the audience.

Songs should be in English language.

Updated final list of rewards:

Place 1: melodic charm, imperial aramor, 3 GC

Place 2: 2GC, imperial aramor, toadspeak stone, mirrorritual stone, teleportpapercabin stone

Place 3: 1 GC, toadspeakstone, mirroritual stone

ATTENTION: players who get to places 2 – 4 have a chance to win the second melodic charm!

For that they will have to participate in the second round of the challenge with a quite difficult task to fulfill (which will be the same task for each of them and the same kind of task they had in the first round. The exact details about the second round challenge will be announced after the first round results are published).  If somebody of those who got rank 2-4 refuses to participate in the second round, the player of the rank 5 will have a chance to do so.

Final list of participants

1. Lania
  2. dst
  3. Aeoshattr
  4. Rophs
  5. rikstar
  6. Sir Blut
  7. AmberRune
  8. JadenDew
  9. lashtal
  10. Intrigue
  11. Marvolo
  12. Menhir
  13. Lazarus
  14. Ars Alchemy
  15. Assira
  16. Valoryn
  17. Princ Rhaegar
  18. darkraptor
  19. Eagle Eye
  20. Change
  21. Krioni
  22. powle
Edited by Eara Meraia

• Root Admin

I thought about this a bit, and instead of posting a sponsorship, i thought of something else...

if this contest/event gets large enough, i will boost the rewards...more exactly, i will double them (yes the charm included!)

(Eara pls aquire reward item/creature id's before they get awarded)

get at least 20 people to participate for this to happen.

have fun!

the song with english subtitles provided will be accepted. Though I think you will agree with me that a song loses a lot of its charme if you don't understand it in its original language. So I would not recommend this option.

updated the original post again.

the song with english subtitles provided will be accepted. Though I think you will agree with me that a song loses a lot of its charme if you don't understand it in its original language. So I would not recommend this option.

Not to mention that the subtitles can be a hoax. So I would not accept such songs. I can find a song, falsify it's title, add subtitles that suit me and present it as a great entry.

consider dsts argument very good and since I had a toothache with the subtitles thing myself as well, I state that only songs with english lyrics are allowed. Sorry for all those folks who like songs with their native language lyrics, but official language of MD is English, and so should it be in the quest.

Not to mention that the subtitles can be a hoax. So I would not accept such songs. I can find a song, falsify it's title, add subtitles that suit me and present it as a great entry.

What if the song was uploaded with subtitles long before this quest was announced?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_guf0zLiXY

honestly, I will not have time (and no motivation) to check for each song when was it posted and when lyrics made etc. Even if it will be the case for one or two of them. I think that the pool of englishspeaking songs is big enough to fulfil the task, so please stick to it.

This is meant to be a little in between entertainment for those who enjoy music of all kinds.

s Burns!)

All rewards will be doubled (!!!) IF we get more than 20 participants!!! (Yey to Mur!)

I will participate also then if only to assist in reaching this number.