A25 features that concern quest makers at this time:

- ability to add your own clickables to the scenes

- ability to chain visibility of clickables based on rules

- create and mix items interface

- quest participants can pick clickable items to their inventory

- lock/unlock locations

- use custom and integrated 'keys' to activate or hide various things

- display nice visual aids and messages in the interface

- custom functionality is unlimited but i will value more the quests that fit what is rather than those that require custom coding.

- ability to add permanent, renewable rewards, NOT from your own inventory. (to be debated)

A variable set of features will be given to multiple quest creators to use, under strict supervision at first, and more free later. Drawing quality for the clickables needs to be equal to current clickables and needs to respect the current color standards in md. _nothing_ "special" or unusual.

Why am i making this announcement?

Anyone that thinks they can prepare a very nice quest to use such awesome and powerful features is welcome to try it. For this you will need to prepare artworks for the clickables you will use, think of a flawless logic and most of all, fine-tune a very cool quest ideea.

You can prepare you materials from now, it might take several month till A25 will be done, but preparing a good quest of this sort will need time to prepare also.

DO NOT HASTE .

- First of all ask someone more experienced, or even me, if the idea you want implemented is indeed good and suitable.

- Make sure your quest is not requiring any additional coding that might be problematic

- Discuss artwork creation with any artist in md that proved to be capable to make usable clickies, cooperation is the key.

- Make sure you find a _REMOTE PLACE_ for your quest. Central locations will be reserved for official quests, sopicking a more remote location and making your quest to fit it, is much better.

Notes:

Discuss with kyphis regarding what current A25 can do if you are uncertain. Try not to bug Chew about it or you will slow down development. Also note that i will not be answering all messages regarding this due to lack of time ..so better discuss quest ideas with other experienced quest makers, artworks with artists, and so on.

have fun

Edited by Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

ps. i will be posting , from time to time, additional posts regarding sample quests that could be possible to be done with the currently functional features of a25. These sample quests will be just so you can expand based on them.

• Root Admin

You can prepare you materials from now, it might take several month till A25 will be done, but preparing a good quest of this sort will need time to prepare also.

Years more likely.

Notes:
Discuss with kyphis regarding what current A25 can do if you are uncertain. Try not to bug Chew about it or you will slow down development. Also note that i will not be answering all messages regarding this due to lack of time ..so better discuss quest ideas with other experienced quest makers, artworks with artists, and so on.

have fun

As a note, and a question to you Mur, You told me to stop work on A25 because you realised(As I had told you before) what a mess the code was when even you couldnt understand it. Has this changed?

• Root Admin

Would it be better to rewrite MD (LOTS OF PAINFUL WORK NOW) or to have to use more ugly code for every new anything (LOTS OF PAINFUL WORK LATER)....?

Rewriting things is never the way to go unless they are small, you typically arrive at the same place after a lot of work, with problems in different places.

Although there are some parts which I want to rewrite (Key being want, rather than being allowed to :( )

• Root Admin

Actually yes..i cleaned it a bit and the clicky placing feature works nice. The art upload part is next and with that a25 will advance A LOT. Many other features are already functional.

It kind of motivates me to hear you say "years"...makes me want to surprise you all.

Chew..to avoid getting brain damage from my mess there..my advice is not to interfere unless its something clear, clean and distinct you can do. For now the heavy part i will TRY to do it myself ..my only problem is that i can't work too much time on same thing and this slows down development.

After this post i might try to push it harder a bit
...btw..i have a wild dream to add scene adding functionality to a25..but ..its just a thought for now. It could get wild. What makes me want that is a hope i had back in the old days ..that one day i will be able to experience myself how it is to discover new locations and their secrets...something that was basically impossible for me because i had to know all of them before they where ingame.

The edges of md map might become a wild area..if i will continue to want this...if anyone wishes to reason me to stop..now is the time

...if anyone wishes to reason me to stop..now is the time

And this is presactly the reason we won't stop you.  :P     right? 

To add to the acual topic, I think this all sounds like a very interesting thing, as long as there is a sort of "death" for the added clickables and items.   Similar to how they go inactive after two weeks, if ever needed, they don't default to "visible" for very long.    Otherwise, my main fear is that we will have a cluster of cool things pop up and happen, then the clutter will sit unused again for a while.    However, overall, I am VERY excited for this, myself.

I'm not gonna stop you (even if ...), but you can start small with

- user or alliance customizable scenes (just 1) for each with future possibility to gain more and / or admin users could publish / grant others access to them

- allow admins to grant / deny adding content (think this from beginning)

and ... yes, we dare you to finish faster then "years"

• Root Admin

clickables places this way won't expire..in fact thats the mai ideea...to create PERMANENT quests that will have all thats needed to run forever...including neverending rewards (once per player and such, to be determined later)

all quests now in md exist for a short time and are goe, i want md to grow, for that, permanent quests need to become real.

Edited by Muratus del Mur

all quests now in md exist for a short time and are goe, i want md to grow, for that, permanent quests need to become real.

For me this is one of the main aspects MD is lacking most and I´m very excited to see that you take it into consideration to truely change basic things in MD. Thank you all the best with this ton of work ahead of you.