MD Awards 2014

Grido

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...
- If you vote for yourself in anything, all your votes will be discounted.

Just highlighting from the original post, since Ary and DD (and possibly others) seem to have overlooked the rules, if I follow their mood panel statements.

Edited by Grido

There is a null vote option on each of the categories if you don't wish others to get your vote.

Additionally there was just over a week to discuss every single rule that stood from last year and add/change/remove as the public saw fit. Whilst Chewett mentioned that rule initially no other person pursued the editing of that rule, and so it remained in place for these awards. If you disagree with the rule, then please raise it for discussion when next year's awards process begins.

--------------------------------------

We need to arrange a Time and Date for the ceremony this year.

I would suggest Sat 10th January at 2000. This year I happen to be fairly flexible on timings and am likely able to attend whatever the time, and most dates, so if people cannot make that time, please offer alternative suitable suggestions. Priority will be to ensure those nominated are able to attend if possible.

I

There is a null vote option on each of the categories if you don't wish others to get your vote.

if I dont wish for people to get my vote, I wont vote at all.

I rarely spend much time reading, especially such threads, which quickly become a muddy mess to sort out.

or a recap of whats decided.

something in a spoiler with lines crossed out, means its something thats being worked on and not a final set of rules that needs to be followed.

something in a spoiler with lines crossed out, means its something thats being worked on and not a final set of rules that needs to be followed.

So that's what spoiler tags are for! And here I thought they were used to shrink down text to shorten the page length.

--

After posting the reiteration here, I decided that I would not follow through on removing all votes from people before the date of my recent post (30th Dec), due to the the lack of obviousness about not voting for yourself. The vote for yourself itself would still hold as invalid though and not be counted.

I did actually put that people should read the rules before voting in the trigger box. It is an onus on you to follow instructions laid out plainly before you.

The opportunity was available to change the rules that affected this awards, and said opportunity was not taken, again, this is not anyone's fault but yours and others that were not paying attention and now dislike the situation.

My action wasn't about rules, or not knowing them. My action was about bad/broken voting mechanics. I was aware of your rule (and I don't think it's a big deal if I get disqualified).

System shouldn't allow me to vote for myself.

If I didn't tell you about it, how exactly would you know if I haven't voted for myself? You would be rechecking the voting logs to see if automatic count wasn't wrong? I'm skeptical about this.

If I didn't tell you about it, how exactly would you know if I haven't voted for myself?

That's why "judges" aka "counters" are needed for the MD Awards. In the past years there were lots of cheaters. We needed humans to spot those cheaters and null the votes. And to do the actual counting of course.

LE: I would stick to the rules stated at the beginning and null the votes of those voting for themselves (at least in the categories they have voted for themselves).

Edited by dst

We need to arrange a Time and Date for the ceremony this year.

I would suggest Sat 10th January at 2000. This year I happen to be fairly flexible on timings and am likely able to attend whatever the time, and most dates, so if people cannot make that time, please offer alternative suitable suggestions. Priority will be to ensure those nominated are able to attend if possible.

I will be able to attend, unless an emergency arises.

Edit: 11th won't work for me. Sorry Aeo :))

I'll be able to attend on the 9th or any time earlier, but not after the 10th.

Edited by DARK DEMON

We appear to have these options presented so far as possible start times. If you can indicate the ones you're able to make, majority wins.

Fri 9th @ 2000

Sat 10th @ 1600

Sat 10th @ 2000

Sun 11th @ 1600

Sun 11th @ 2000

(Eagle, I'm not sure if the 'or' means you can make these times or not..)