alt warning message after trying to start a fight ...

Menhir

• Root Admin

thats the alt checker that does that... it might be a cross detection, with me being the one that once logged on one of the accounts to test something, and on the other, and then you two look as alts,

or it might be that you did it, i don't know

answer rophs question first, let me know if it happens just between you two and if its random or constant 

Have you/him ever logged in from the same IP addess? It's possible that you have used the same wifi network at a random public restaurant or cafe.

Sorry I forgot to write that I´m at home ... so it was obviously for me that there must be something "wrong" ...

not very likely since they live in two different countries

Correct Tal and that´s why I was thinking of a bug. I never had this issue before ...

This is something that's happened in other games (people in different countries/states end up as alts).

Normally the cause is by mobile/wifi connections and/or proxy servers. 

Is there a time frame like in other games where if this happens you simply just have to wait it out before you aren't deem 'alts' anymore or is this not something that's found in this game?

• Root Admin

Shame. Well at least I know it's not safe to go wireless in this game.

The system as I designed it never forgets anything.

However I have on many occasions de-alted people. Iv no clue how Mur will handle it since I emailed him telling him that he needs to deal with this when I am away. Normally council would but...

Shame. Well at least I know it's not safe to go wireless in this game. 

I´m at home connected with LAN cable and as far as I know Firestarter is living far away from my place ... I just tried it again today and have the same result.

Could be a proxy that is being run. Yet it's something that someone with more knowledge of proxy's and coding and all that stuff would have to explain. All I really understand about it is that it can sometimes result in you showing up elsewhere (like I have a friend who sometimes shows up in FL but lives in MI).

• 7 months later...