Legacy

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

As a note for those documenting creatures: If you are also documenting the value or such, I have database of all creature sales in the past from the past 2/3 years (forum sales and confirmed prices.) This has each creature's ID and sale price at the time, a base average for each creature type sold is also available.

Message me if this may be of any help.

Since people still are confused.

This documentation is purely code based and technical. You are documenting our code without having access to it.

E.g. for creatures, we have given examples of:
Adding artwork for new creatures
Types of abilities
How to add new creatures
Editing creatures

etc.

We dont care what creatures have what stats, or what creatures cost, etc etc.

Please remember this, as we have had a lot of emails requesting stuff that we dont care about for the legacy documentation.

• 1 month later...

Having not quite gotten back into MD when this topic was posted, I will, as the Creature Chronicler, submit my willingness to document creatures.

I've also started recording various things recently, and equipment is one of those things. I still need to grab their descriptions, but I have the names, internal names, images (all 5 different ones!), slots, archetypes, sets, and stat changes documented for all of the publicly available equipment. I also have the internal names, images, and slots for some of the equipment that isn't publicly available, but, as I don't have access to them, I haven't been able get the full information on them.

• Root Admin

Having not quite gotten back into MD when this topic was posted, I will, as the Creature Chronicler, submit my willingness to document creatures.

I've also started recording various things recently, and equipment is one of those things. I still need to grab their descriptions, but I have the names, internal names, images (all 5 different ones!), slots, archetypes, sets, and stat changes documented for all of the publicly available equipment. I also have the internal names, images, and slots for some of the equipment that isn't publicly available, but, as I don't have access to them, I haven't been able get the full information on them.

The majority of that we have access to freely. Please ensure you have read the topic throughly, we are looking for people to document the technical aspects.

E.g. instead of giving us a list of creature names and their stats (something we can get from the db in one query) we want stuff like a list of the abilities and how each ability works. How you can add more abilities/creatures into the game etc.

Well, the abilities are partially documented as part of those tables, so I can certainly write more information on how each one works. As-to how to add new creatures and equipment, I can detail what information and resources are needed, and why they are needed, to add new creatures and equipment, but I don't see how I can document the actual process of creating them (although I could take an educated guess at the database layout, etc. the actual names used in it are almost guaranteed to be wrong) without actually seeing the code.

This means that my detailing will be either very vague (if I exclude the information obtained via educated guesses), or else likely to have bits and pieces that are wrong. Which would be the preferred form for the information to take?

Edited by I am Bored

• Root Admin

Well, the abilities are partially documented as part of those tables, so I can certainly write more information on how each one works. As-to how to add new creatures and equipment, I can detail what information and resources are needed, and why they are needed, to add new creatures and equipment, but I don't see how I can document the actual process of creating them (although I could take an educated guess at the database layout, etc. the actual names used in it are almost guaranteed to be wrong) without actually seeing the code.

This means that my detailing will be either very vague (if I exclude the information obtained via educated guesses), or else likely to have bits and pieces that are wrong. Which would be the preferred form for the information to take?

This is why you ask questions, through Koshu.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Right. We have a current list of people working on things and things that could be added to:

Current people:

Samon - cauldrons
Syrian - creatures
Assira - heat Veins
Aeoshattr - Night Mode
No one - resources
Dst - illusions
JadenDew - SceneActivatable

Pipsticks - Spell Documents - (Requested more time since he was informed later about what he had to do)
Grido - Spells - (Hasn't answered at all)
Tal - Creature recruitment Locations - (Hasn't answered since I answered the question she made about the doc. file format, so I suppose that the document itself is ready but not availabe)

----

The following list contains possible features to document.
Head contests - Torch contests
Combat abilities - Cause fighting
Shop items - Inventory items - Scriptable Items - Armor items - Land weapons - Totems
Player DNA - Personal papers - Titles
Citizenship - Alliances
Hidden letters
Research Interface
Affiliate system
MDScript
Mind Power 6 Protectorate
WPs
Announcements
Rebel System
Wiki
Advertisement
Dreams

---

Some of these items are smaller than others. Post here if you want to "take" one and I will approve it.

Although I doubt I'd be able to take up one of these interesting opportunities (time constraints), I've come up with a few other features that some may like the sound of:

- Bestiaries

- Keys

- Inner Circle Magic

- Achievements

- Knowledge Collections

- DNA

- Armour and Weaponry

- Maps

- Skills

- Principles

- Public Records

- Medals

- Guilds and Alliances

- MD Court Proceedings

- Kingship and Elections

- LHOs

- RPCs (archaic, I know)

- Calendar

I omitted some that I thought of, but couldn't think of a technical question on.

Edited by The Warrior

• 7 months later...