Legacy

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

Awesome. Add Armor items, combat abilities, crewture abilities.

kyph will start posting a25 syntax docs soon, slowly we will establish a decent way to organize info.

also i have the perfect way to test if you did a good job or not. In the end i will ask your help to assist me in adding one or an other thing in md from your section of features.

you will be my collective memory..much much better than alzhaimer meds hahah:)

Some time ago, by Chew's request I've passed (and tested) most, if not all, of MDScript functions to the wikia.

The goal was to normalize the documentation and as such wikia templates have been created and the information was all formated that way.

Much more can be done, and i would be glad to do it.

currently on wikia:

http://magicduel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:MDScript

• Root Admin

Mur, I'll await your signal to publish the google doc.

Please do not publish things to google docs, they are a horrific format for information retrieval. This is why we need a discussion about format, because google docs are horrendous to find information with. Especially if everyone is going to have their own doc.

This needs to be planned properly. Edited by Chewett

I'm interested in the Land Weapons. I have spent some time doing research on Loreroot's Land Weapon based partly on information here in the forum, partly on in-game exploration and discussions with other players and partly on my own weird intuitive guesses.

Please do not publish things to google docs, they are a horrific format for information retrieval. This is why we need a discussion about format, because google docs are horrendous to find information with. Especially if everyone is going to have their own doc.

This needs to be planned properly.

I did a quick search and found some alternatives. I tried none of them.

ThinkFree

OpenOffice

Zoho

Do you have any suggestions?

Edit: I just created an account in Zoho, it looks pretty.

Edited by Koshu Farsight

• Root Admin

samon - cauldron stuff ..be warned is complicated and a lot :) ..also fun however

i will want everything written in form of question and answer, each person writing in a separate section.

For example, samon, writs in "Cauldron type items"

Q: how do you prepare a consumabe product

A: full detailed example of an existing one and all places code shoudl be written

and so on.

Koshu, use anything you like to centralize it all, eventually it might be posted on the forum, or in a chm help document ..not sure. You can keep it in word docs  because it has images support too. for now

or zoho, aaanyything you like

• Root Admin

I did a quick search and found some alternatives. I tried none of them.

ThinkFree

OpenOffice

Zoho

Do you have any suggestions?

Edit: I just created an account in Zoho, it looks pretty.

Ideally storing it in a cross linkable CMS and not just loads of open document stores.

But most people arnt going to be able to set these up, Just store it somewhere but ideally somewhere nice and cross linkable. Which rules out most of them.

Ideally storing it in a cross linkable CMS and not just loads of open document stores.

But most people arnt going to be able to set these up, Just store it somewhere but ideally somewhere nice and cross linkable. Which rules out most of them.

Why not ... md wiki ?

It is "cross linkable" and it will be the final version of the docs anyway.

Why not ... md wiki ?

It is "cross linkable" and it will be the final version of the docs anyway.

I could do that.

I would create a page listing all participants with their respective roles and tags, and providing a link to a dedicated page for each document. When we get all documents I could start separating the different subjects for each document into smaller pages.

Edited by Koshu Farsight

• Root Admin

syrian - creatures...but i expect not a history of what each creature stats are , or pics of the crit..thats spoiler..but i want detailed list of creature abilities and variations of those abilities. We are documenting the features not the loaded content.

plain text is good enough, as long as it is divided in questions and answers. Chew is right, but I need to think of somethign that works for all, and plain text is plain enough. Forum entry is good, can be linked too.. I will prepare the orum section structure and chew will create it soon.

IMPORTANT:

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NEXT

There is a lot of info you can gather on your own, please remember this is about documenting the FEATURES not necessarily the actual numbers and settings . In the end i need docs that will make my life easy when i want to perform a task that i do rarely, lets say for example i want to add a new creature..what should i do?? Honestly i don't know right now, i forgot. But if i look over the code and files I will remember. This is what these docs are about... instructions of how to setup various things in MD. Please keep a copy of your entries on your local drive. I will edit your entries and remove all data that is too specific about a certain thing, and keep just info i need. For example, I don't need a list of location names, i need instead to know that location/scene name is set from the language table and not the scene record. ..things like that

You don't have this info..but here is how we will do:

You prepare questions, small, clear and simple questions. You send them to koshu, he sends them to me VIA EMAIL. I will answer, my answers reach you via him, and you enter those answers (that will contain tech details), to your docs. Koshu..DO NOT SEND NEXT EMAIL BEFORE I ANSWER LAST ONE.

I hope this is clear and simple enough.

Remember, the more good ans useful question-answer entries you will have, the higher your activity count will be...in the end (on the way actually), i will start to reward those of you that are active according to your activity level. I hope all of you. If you prove to understand the mechanics of what your section is about, you can reach really far.

• Root Admin

For those of you that think this is bad organizing:

I need things this way because i need them prepared as if the person reading them has no clue what is possible to do in md. If you make them too organized and nested, you won't see things from multiple perspectives unless you already know what you are looking for. What i want is something intuitive. If i want to work or change somethign related to creatures, i go to creatures section, and see there a list of possible features and setups and info on how to do it...nothing nested too deep.

Many times we are not even knowing what we are looking for when searching for something...thats why a broader initial view is needed for such info.

I am ultra excited about this...if you will prove apable of gathering such info, md development will speed up enormously on my side, you will be ating as my live memory units :)

creature stuff has/is being documented by me and ary for some time now, however it is in google docs and not overly the best format (creature type, family, stats, upgrade requirements etc, spoilerish stuff)

I would like to work on documenting the cauldron system and related features.

Added to the list

You prepare questions, small, clear and simple questions. You send them to koshu, he sends them to me VIA EMAIL. I will answer, my answers reach you via him, and you enter those answers (that will contain tech details), to your docs. Koshu..DO NOT SEND NEXT EMAIL BEFORE I ANSWER LAST ONE.

Those who send me these questions, please add your desired tag and description on your PM.

Edited by Koshu Farsight

• Root Admin

After discusssion with Mur, we will both be replying to these emails, him primarily but I will reply if he has forgotten some technical things.

Koshu, please send the emails to Murs address and mine (chewett@magicduel.com) (CC me in) so that we both see this, we will reply-all so the other can see the email.

So, is someone in one of these positions essentially an archivist+beta tester+developer lite for their particular area or--? Jeez.

If so, I'd advise anyone applying for this that that's a ton of work if done properly. (I'm sure some of you know this but it doesn't hurt repeating). Now, the amount of work does scale with the amount of development, however, but still.

Edited by Change

• Root Admin

@change: actually there won't be that much work, all you need to do is gather data and ask questions..it will take time for me to answer them, its a slow process. You don't have to test anything, you don't have to document the content of the features but just the features themselves, as i said already. For example for inventory items..how to add them, not what they are everywhere with name and stats..that doesnt interest me..i need to know what the list of possible settings are and such. (example)