Legacy

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

I often code stuff that after a while i forget. There are lots of features that i simply don't remember anymore how they work and how they can be used and such.. Chew knows most, but not all, and i fear its hard even for him to keep track of evewrything, especially with all the madness i started with A25

There are illusions mode for example, a thing so complex that could be a mp level in itself, yet i FORGOT how they work and how to set them right.

Heads contest also, if i need to activvate heads contest now, i don't know how :(...i have huge memory issues, all i remember is the direction not the details (long story, not now)

NIGHT MODE is also something done and abandoned....i remember it works, i just needed to finish some things i finished now in a25 , so tht i could make a way to activate it.

The hidden letters, same

I don't even remember what there is to remember.

What i am trying to say here....i need disciples. I need people that will be fully dedicated to a section of development in md and document and get familiar with how things work there, code level, internal logic, pending features, bugs, all of it...WITHOUT access to the source files (sorry)

In return, you will get the benefit of "ruling" that section of md, ...for example, you deal with creatures and how they are implemented, what all features do, what the unused features are and how they are set (like the jump ability of the elucu) ..you will get new creatures as they appear, test fun features, get shop crits for free and things like that, plus a well established role in that direction that who knows where it might lead you.

What is needed? You need to be VERY smart, very persistant, and digg the info on your own. You will get bits of info from me or chew, i might spam you with random messages after a long work night just telling you what new features i did and how they are set at a technical level...you need to document those. You need also to investigate and see how you can find out everything that might be included in your role. I do not have the time to properly organize and send you all this...this is YOUR responsability.

Kyphis is already doing this with the new a25 features, i started to stress him with this without even asking if he wants, i had no choice.

Define a part of md that can be isolated in concept, examples: heat veins, torch contest, heads contest, creatures, shop items, inventory items (and their functions), illusions (mastered now by dst), clickables (mastered by Kyphis)

and there are probably more, please find them if they are.

Contact me telling me of what section you want to take care...i will pick one, and we shall see after that.

lol, just remembered, player dna is also somethign left in mid air..i don't even remember what each number means, i can find out, but for what, if i forget agin, ...thats why i neeeed to pass all this info to someone else.

Research interface..also something lost in space

Affiliate system ..there is a huge admin with tracking and stuff like that ..lurking somewhere in the depths of md, never used.

I don't know how to add a new armor! :(

please..help...

DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE TOO NEW, this is not an experiment. If you fail, there is no punishment, but that part of md will die with you.

(k docs, just remembered....you see...so many things and nothing is documented)

LETS START DOCUMENTING MD FEATURES AND THEIR USE, AND DO IT MD STYLE WITH ROLES AND LEGACY. One feature per player. I wil send info to anyone from the people i select, you will need to work well together, because i wont have time to properly organize my answers, so if i send to one of you something related to a thign someone else deals with, you need to know who to forward it to.

I am expanding my memory with yours :)

This wouldn't happen in first place if there wasn't a strict spoiler policy in first place, you basically placed a ban on documenting stuff and now you are suffering the consequences.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15606-helping-md/#entry153259

In addition to post above, I'm quite into combat stuff and everything related to it. I could cover basically everything mech related. Currently I have some influx of free time, but don't think it will be the case in near future and onward. Hence taking onto something like this could end up with "that part of md dying with me".

• Root Admin

other things (someone makea damn list please!)

- combat abilities!! how, where, how to implement a new one. What the hell are cause fights for anyway...i know it might be obvious for most, but i forgot...so instead of lookign each time over the code to remember, or to code stufgf that i realise i already did long ago...i want to make a documentation, with your help.

About spoilers and such...all the stuff you will document will not be public. I will fully disclose secrets and particularities of the documented things to you and to the others in this team...better called "task force" ..but not public.

Things will include and get mixed with research stuff also...you might like md more after this, or the spoilers might cut your interest, so think twice before you apply..there is no way back

• Root Admin

Im not involved with this until some things are cleared up, Mur you have an email.

It needs to be organised, properly, and we need a decent standard and not everyone using different things.

Also, I dont trust many people in the game not to share it. People are too friendly and dont have self respect.

See: the translation people, nearly every single one of them SOLD the story mode texts.

E.g. Did you know you, as a normal player, can taint angiens. No one has yet found that spoiler and since I dont share secrets no one has done it.

I point out this, because for a time you used the forum (hidden section) and then Kyphis has been (unsure if he still does) made google docs (which are horrific) and its all disjointed and useless.

Edited by Chewett

Also, I dont trust many people in the game not to share it. People are too friendly and dont have self respect.

Or they don't agree with policy of withhelding the info from public in first place (I would estimate that 80% of md population are against it especially when it comes to mechanical things, research stuff are way less shared), then you also have small fraction of people who don't like sharing, but if they can profit from it, they'll instantly jump into it.

I believe in freedom and openness of information, guess that counts me out automatically. Shame that I already do half of stuff described so I can rant about it in Combat Talk.

Personally I think none of this should have happened.

You jump into too many things at the same time Mur and end up in a mess. You really need someone to hold onto your leash and make sure you finish something you start on before you even think of starting something else.

I will help, but I'm strongly against this kind of attitude.

You KNOW your weakness, you KNOW you will forget things, yet you continue doing exactly that.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, just being realistic and suggesting how to avoid this kind of situation.

Edited by DARK DEMON

@DD do not try to reason with the irrational.

@Mur I'd love to help with this, but I know that I simply cannot.

@Ary Yes openness of info is something that I think MD needs a LOT more of.

@Mur

The letters in the scenes... iirc you gave Akasha some kind of power involving them maybe she knows more

additional Things that might need their associated "wizards"

• Cauldrons
  • Resources
  • Collectible Resources
  • MDScript
  • Totems
  • Spells
  • MP6 protector stuff
  • Titles
  • Personal Papers
  • WPs
  • Announcements
  • Rebel System
  • Citizenship
  • Alliances
  • Wiki
  • Advertisement
  • Land Weapons
  • Scriptable Items
  •  

• Root Admin

chew..why don't you trust me :P

first i need to assamble a team, after that i will deal with hwo the data will be stored and organized.

I have no ideea how kyphs docs look like, i wanted them on a forum section, i thought he knows that . He said he will put them in the docs for you, but i dont get WHY. Kyph if you read this, please pleas please..post on the forum, the syntax samples for a25 should be public.

Aeo - you get night mode. standby till i give everyone a section.

DD - expanding borders and cartography related features

note: if you say you might not have time to do it, better don't post at all, thanks.

Ivorak if you read this, i could use some help

OOHH wait...i forgot how everyone flames about me and favors and such. So before you explode:

night mode needed someone very curious and intrigued, aeo appeared so from his post, and overall i have a good opinion about him

dd got cartography because he is already working on something related with his quest so he is perfect for this

akasha is not active, stop invoking relics.

• Root Admin

I believe in freedom and openness of information, guess that counts me out automatically. Shame that I already do half of stuff described so I can rant about it in Combat Talk.

If you are told to keep something secret, you should, the translators didnt.

I have been trying to have a discussion RE spoilers for a while. Personally I think we need to properly document the combat so people can actually learn things and work with it, instead of keeping it all spoilery.

chew..why don't you trust me :P

Because Iv worked with you and know you. You are not good at planning.

I don't actually have the time to do this, but since I began playing again, I gathered some general information and stored it into Word/Excel files. Neat and categorized.

What I have is incomplete, and will most likely stay that way for a long time - I add to it as I find out more - but if you wish I'll send it over, you look over it and distribute it as you see fit to people which will deal with the categories you find there.

Let me know if you want the archive. I have:
- a 10,968 MB version - has pictures and links to them within the excel files - links which only work if the archive is extracted in a specific location: C:\MagicDuel;
- a 376 KB version - the links in the files exist, but there are no actual pictures in the archive, so they don't work.

• Root Admin

I don't actually have the time to do this, but since I began playing again, I gathered some general information and stored it into Word/Excel files. Neat and categorized.

What I have is incomplete, and will most likely stay that way for a long time - I add to it as I find out more - but if you wish I'll send it over, you look over it and distribute it as you see fit to people which will deal with the categories you find there.

Let me know if you want the archive. I have:
- a 10,968 MB version - has pictures and links to them within the excel files - links which only work if the archive is extracted in a specific location: C:\MagicDuel;
- a 376 KB version - the links in the files exist, but there are no actual pictures in the archive, so they don't work.

send it to coder@magicduel.com with the full version for me to review please.

I am still looking into illusions. I can tell you more if you want but i cannot share on forum.

As for the letters, I know how they are supposed to work and I also know what Akasha got. So I can help on that as well. For the rest...I can give advice but I am not really interested in them (maybe crits but only from the point of view of the collector).

Oh and there were some bugs with dreams that I might re-test since I am not sure you fixed them (but then again, not really interested in since dream is hard to "crack" aka abuse bugs in it).

• Root Admin

dst - illusions mode. document how they work, how to add new, set existing, and so on. You don't have such info, but i will send when asked. For example if i want to place someone in an illusion right now, there is no documentation on how to o that. I mean as admin, not as player. Prepare everything you have about how to setup and use illusions, anything you consider is spoiler tell me and i will review it. Thank you

Creatures already have doc on (requirements to acquire, req. to upgrade, selling bonuses)

Land locations & resources & tags (~90-95% finished - about 5-6 month old as there were some new resource adjustments and I cannot access all locations)

And I have some insight on the gathering tool usage (actually ... already posted it on the forum).

Edited by No one

I'm afraid to hold the whole responsibility of documenting a part of MD, since it could die with me if I fail to it properly.

Therefore I declare that I'm willing to help anyone in charge of documenting a feature if a hand is needed.

If info (stats, mp, creatures, etc) about my character is needed, PM me via forum or in-game.

Edit: I'm also willing to refuse any credit if the person in charge of the features wishes it so.

Edited by Koshu Farsight

I'm interested in research and connections.

If you unlock the clues I miss from my collection I can be the one reviewing people's research.  :D

Also, I would need the ability to award/unlock said clues for the others.

(there were supposed to be 2 ways of unlocking clues, by research points or by submitting your own research. If said research was considered close enough, the correspondent clue could be unlocked.)

• Root Admin

Hiria - heat veins. Your task will be to gather ans summerize everything i said about heat veins concept in announcements and forum (ita not much if summerized). After that maybe map the current veins. Also make a list with what items use the veins and how..and obtain tech info on how such items should be set to use the veins. When you have item id of such item email me for the tech

(I still need to think about the other applications)
Koshu - please be so kind and help me organize this. Make a nice list with people i appoint , see who needs ypur help to formulate questions about their section ..and so on. Your role is just for now as a sort of public secretary so to speak.
Also ..koshu.. once i am done please create a nice google shared doc with appointed roles, ask each one what tag they wish and what description (if they prove capable they will get it).

No one - you will be in charge with the resource info. What current resources are..how and where to add them (i will provide all info you miss). Also document well the unusual types of resources. List rare resources too. Also how resource artworks should be added. Basically you should document everything needed to know from ADMIN point of view on how to add new resources, how they decay, grow, etc. Clear SHORT and with examples.

Mur, I'll await your signal to publish the google doc.

I may post announcements as I update this post.

Everyone else, notice me if you find anything wrong or missing in the following list.

Player|                                |Feature to document

Kyphis|                               |Project A25

Aeoshattr|                          |Night Mode

Dark Demon|                     |Expanding borders and Cartography

Dst|                                    |Illusions Mode

No one|                              |Resources ("from admin point of view")

Hiria|                                  |Heat veins

Samon|                              |Cauldrons

Syrian|                               |Creatures

Tal|                                    |Creature recruitment locations and altars

Pipstickz|                           |Spell documents

Jadendew|                        |Scene-activable items

Grido|                               |Spells

The following list contains possible features to document.

• Head contests - Torch contests
  • Creatures - Creature abilities - Combat abilities - Cause fighting
  • Shop items - Inventory items - Scriptable Items - Armor items - Land weapons - Totems
  • Player DNA - Personal papers - Titles
  • Citizenship - Alliances
  • Hidden letters
  • Research Interface
  • Affiliate system
  • MDScript
  • Spells
  • Mind Power 6 Protectorate
  • WPs
  • Announcements
  • Rebel System
  • Wiki