Legacy

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

hahaha
well i used one recently and it was aweome, and the result is so easy to use/search/transfer ..i liked it a lot..plus content can be exported as html too.

what do you have against help files format?

Its horrible, propriety, and rubbish.

• Root Admin

i think i assigned someone else to crits. please pay attention.

i asked tal to deal with recruiting places and altars..but apparently he has no clue whats what so ...

(i still want to know who wants to do that)

And, start attacking me with questions for your docs.

:)

i will post here when i get bad questions so that others can avoid similar.

please use short and clear questions , like 1 row. its more clear and organized than long complex questions.

• Root Admin

To avoid things being assigned and getting lost, like it happens usually, i will do checkpoints. Lets say in by 10th of january, i await SOMETHING from the people i named. Those that provide the fewest or the less usable information, will be eliminated from this (and sadly left empty handed). Those that remain, will continue and start to benefit from the (small or big) advantages of their position.

This sort of "competition" will last until you finish everything there is to write about the section you selected. Once done, you will reeive a tag and description to reflect this activity for future reference (multiple tags will be a possibility by then so you wont lose existing tag/desc)

Please understand that i intend to use you as my external memory. I will be asking you questions when i need to remember something, you are supposed to know the answers...so better ask me now all the questions you wish about the section you handle.

Would Growable Bushies, GoE and Pillars of Harmony be considered as isolated concept? Or would they be considered as subset of clickable features?

Asking because I am interested in those, but not exactly sure if they are falling under the category of "a part of md that can be isolated in concept".

i think i assigned someone else to crits. please pay attention.

i asked tal to deal with recruiting places and altars..but apparently he has no clue whats what so ...

(i still want to know who wants to do that)

And, start attacking me with questions for your docs.

:)

i will post here when i get bad questions so that others can avoid similar.

please use short and clear questions , like 1 row. its more clear and organized than long complex questions.

I added Tal as documenter of Creature recruitment places and altars specifically, not just creatures in general.

Would Growable Bushies, GoE and Pillars of Harmony be considered as isolated concept? Or would they be considered as subset of clickable features?

Asking because I am interested in those, but not exactly sure if they are falling under the category of "a part of md that can be isolated in concept".

Anything related to all clickables and their functioning should all fall in the same category, and any sub-catergories should be land based. Individual clickies shouldn't be kept separate. This is just my opinion, of course, not sure what Mur has in mind.

I would suggest that one from each land could do clickies (talking about existing ones of course, not adding new ones) which would help organize and divide better. Again, up to Mur.

Edit:

For new clickies

Currently, I am handling and 'documenting' any new clickies that are being made. There may be a need for a small team of people to edit and convert artworks into clickies, to help Mur with the A25 work.

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

pip - sell docs, who has them how to give them, how to add in wish shop, etc

jadenDew - you will be documenting scene activateable items. these are the necro gate, pillars of all sorts, wodin ancient corpse, knaty corpse, and any item that appears on the scene based on triggers. This is about ancient stuf, so i will reply questions slow, The new scene activateble items replace that functionality, but not all of it. Some will remain as it is (like quest artifacts, thats how the number capsule near the gazebo is called in my code)

koshu be sure you tell each new person how thing work

thanks a lot. We will be making a meeting in january to see what has been done and to make initial review of your activity. Koshu you will remind me of this and help organizing everything.

great so far

All of these concepts tend towards the "material" parts of MD....does this mean immaterial parts are not going to be documented that much?

I've been planning to write a document about heat...though I think I could write fragments about other features as well. This would however clash with heat veins a little bit, and since I'm probably going to vanish at one point that would mean I can't take part in the future of this project.

• Root Admin

All of these concepts tend towards the "material" parts of MD....does this mean immaterial parts are not going to be documented that much?

This project is purely to create CODE documentation for Myself and Mur. This project is not involved in things like Lore and such.

What about combat? Although I'm not really sure how important the combat system is or if there will ever be any tinkering with it again, it'd be nice to see new things implemented to it. I could think of a few things that could be done with it, although if there's no new changes planned for it, might as well let it stay as dead as BHC. I personally am a big fan of the combat system in MD and have it as one of the reasons I enjoy getting on again. 

jadenDew - you will be documenting scene activateable items. these are the necro gate, pillars of all sorts, wodin ancient corpse, knaty corpse, and any item that appears on the scene based on triggers. This is about ancient stuf, so i will reply questions slow, The new scene activateble items replace that functionality, but not all of it. Some will remain as it is (like quest artifacts, thats how the number capsule near the gazebo is called in my code)

@Mur: I am not exactly clear about this scope.. Is the number capsule you refer to the sphere puzzle in Berserker's way? Are activatable items strictly the sort that appears only when a trigger appear? What about those that appear/changes based on other conditions (e.g. The bull blocking the way in Bob's scene appears only for those who haven't finished tutorial.)

Edited by JadenDew

Sure, I'll give it a try.

Added to the list. Apologies for the delay.

[...]

thanks a lot. We will be making a meeting in january to see what has been done and to make initial review of your activity. Koshu you will remind me of this and help organizing everything.

great so far

Any particular moment of January? From the second half of the month until the end of the first week of february I'll be on another province with less access to internet. It would hinder my capabilities of organizing this, but it wouldn't nullify them.

Edited by Koshu Farsight

How about sky visibility (and weather in general)? If I'm not mistaken, right now visibility only affects water values. According to the announcement (http://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/2665), it would also affect darkness and light "strength" in the scene (more things to be implemented, maybe?). If there is something to be done about it, I'd like to help. I have mapped MB's sky with the sky scouters.

~Aelis

@Mur: I am not exactly clear about this scope.. Is the number capsule you refer to the sphere puzzle in Berserker's way? Are activatable items strictly the sort that appears only when a trigger appear? What about those that appear/changes based on other conditions (e.g. The bull blocking the way in Bob's scene appears only for those who haven't finished tutorial.)

Would probably also include Awiiya

• Root Admin

i am unable to keep up with this topic. For now i will focus on replying to the people i named, and when i will be able get some more time i will continue , if i need, to assign more parts of md to other people to document.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to be put down for totems, types, uses, what's needed, bugs, why they're in MD, etc. I've already began documenting such things but have only just seen this topic.

I scanned through and don't think I saw anyone else for this (as I see this separate to creatures). Please correct me if I'm wrong.